Close
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 181

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    Thats pretty decent! Is that a raid wide buff?
    4k extra per at current gear set in PVP means it will only hit for like 2k... which doesn't seem worth much to me personally (at least for a SINGLE shaman). But random extra 20ks are nice.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Rated Arena Member

Stormlash is more a melee buff rather than caster. Since it procs on all hits, including white and yellow, it's going to really hurt on melee cleaves. Since there's cast times involved, at most you'd be looking at 6, maybe 7 procs depending on haste. Melee will get be procing much more often and it's static to each attack, meaning it isn't based on the size of hit, so a 1 damage attack will do as much as a 10k.

I'm not going to turn down free damage but it's going to benefit melee much more than casters (esp Enhancement since it should affect their wolves too).
    Back to Warcraft!
    Shaggir, Shaggira, Shaggire, Shaggiri, Shaggiro - 5 Shamans US-Coilfang(H)

little update on stormlash totem, level 86 now, 6k hits ~14,5k crits and can be duplicated by echo of the elements, does not scale with spellpower
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 04-03-2012 at 07:21 PM

Yay, shammies already scale bad and they making a massive cd spell not scale, cheers. Sry, I'll try not get too depressed about beta info lol, can probably tote it to still being frustrated at the naxx -> ulduar nerf that "didn't happen"
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Yay, shammies already scale bad and they making a massive cd spell not scale, cheers. Sry, I'll try not get too depressed about beta info lol, can probably tote it to still being frustrated at the naxx -> ulduar nerf that "didn't happen"
    The scaling issue for ele shamans got partially fixed in 4.3 with the flametongue weapon change (from a flat amount of spell power to a dmg %, which currently makes ele scaling pretty ok) and will be further addressed in MoP. Lava burst becomes an ele only ability and is taking out of shamanism. Meaning they can alter the spell coefficient / base damage directly on the spell.

With the current mechanics they have a big problem of keeping balance if they want to buff for instance lightning bolt damage for ele only. If they buff the spell directly enhancement it's gonna affect enhance dmg and the resto's mana return. If they buff it through shamanism, it's also gonna affect lava burst for ele as well (I'm not saying if they are fine or not, just saying it always affects something unintended). In MoP they'll have much better ways to apply the buff where it's needed without undesired consequences.

And I'm actually happy that the totem does not scale with spellpower because it's a broken mechanic if you look at fire elemental totem & searing totem. Now you had (in pve) to stack int procs to get a super charged fire ele. If you were unlucky with procs not ligning up or if the totem did not behave as you want to, you miss would out on 2-3k dps (definitely during firelands).
    Last edited by zenga : 04-03-2012 at 10:55 PM
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The scaling issue for ele shamans got partially fixed in 4.3 with the flametongue weapon change (from a flat amount of spell power to a dmg %, which currently makes ele scaling pretty ok) and will be further addressed in MoP. Lava burst becomes an ele only ability and is taking out of shamanism. Meaning they can alter the spell coefficient / base damage directly on the spell.

With the current mechanics they have a big problem of keeping balance if they want to buff for instance lightning bolt damage for ele only. If they buff the spell directly enhancement it's gonna affect enhance dmg and the resto's mana return. If they buff it through shamanism, it's also gonna affect lava burst for ele as well (I'm not saying if they are fine or not, just saying it always affects something unintended). In MoP they'll have much better ways to apply the buff where it's needed without undesired consequences.

And I'm actually happy that the totem does not scale with spellpower because it's a broken mechanic if you look at fire elemental totem & searing totem. Now you had (in pve) to stack int procs to get a super charged fire ele. If you were unlucky with procs not ligning up or if the totem did not behave as you want to, you miss would out on 2-3k dps (definitely during firelands).
    valid points

Has anyone seen the elemental ascendence form yet? How much health do ppl have around your level Krusch? How much will we have @ lvl 90?

can't get to top lvl in beta yet, i think it's stil 86 max

lvl 86 is still max lvl, 85-86 gave me something like +5k hp and +20k mana, actually it seems like 200k will be the mana you will have at level 90 and that number isnt affected by int

I think with all the new gear then in lvl 90 blues you will have at least 200k hp

for now lava burst does 17,2k base damage, +30% damage from ue and another +25% if you choose unleashed fury at lvl 90, -5% from the glyph, +10% if elemental focus is up and 2,5x crit damage =~73k lava burst, I hope that number will be somewhere around 100k at lvl 90 with blue gear and on use trinket

elemental blast looks also pretty decent got 25k base damage and +5% crit haste or mastery for 8 sec but there are no powerups like ue and the cast time is ,5 sec longer and its not a guaranteed crit, therefore you could instant elemental blast (ok lets call this one EB/eb) with NS, which is also cool since NS only got 1 min cd and 5% passiv haste, but I'd rather go for EM or echo of the elements (depends on procc chance) combined with Ascendence + stormlash totem

oh and dont know if its mentioned yet but elemental focus got a bit changed, that combined with the new healing stream totem and ancestral guidance finally gives us some decent healing without sacraficing our mana pool
    EF.jpg

Ouch bad news lava burst glyph got removed :/