Close
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 181

I never use chain heal anymore. When I heal I just cast 5x healing rains on myself. If there's melee on me I throw in 5x earthquakes too.

Lava beam??? Oh hell yes!
    "Shamanigins" quin-Shaman team - Magtheridon US - The Zerg

Clovian Clovian Clovian Clovian Clovian

Ive started fake casting GHW on my 4 shamans, much better healing output then HS. Takes around 2-2,5 sec to top off, then go offensive again.

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I never use chain heal anymore. When I heal I just cast 5x healing rains on myself. If there's melee on me I throw in 5x earthquakes too.

Lava beam??? Oh hell yes!
    Only time I touch chain heal is if I'm spiritwalker graced and need a quick heal... which is extremely rare. I'm thinking more towards the future, with the horrible change to healing stream & the loss of GHW I was sincerely hoping for a little boost to chain heal - however, it heals for the same craptacular amount and has a forever casting time. Regardless, it's not even available in our spec.

I was excited about the lvl 90 talents - but I'm kind of meh now. Cone of fury looks promising, but the extra effect imbues may be worth taking (25% extra damage taken from LVB and LB, yes please... especially combined with Ascendance).

Forgot: Healing Surge healing was reduced so the Clearcasting "buff" puts it back to the level we see in live (same with the MSW glyph).
    Last edited by Alemi : 03-24-2012 at 06:18 AM
    Back to Warcraft!
    Shaggir, Shaggira, Shaggire, Shaggiri, Shaggiro - 5 Shamans US-Coilfang(H)

Quote Originally Posted by Alemi View Post
    with the horrible change to healing stream .
    What makes you think it's a horrible change? I find it pretty awesome tbh, it's going to act like wild growth the way I understand it. And if you play 4 ele you can have 2 up all the time (30s CD, 15s duration).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    What makes you think it's a horrible change? I find it pretty awesome tbh, it's going to act like wild growth the way I understand it. And if you play 4 ele you can have 2 up all the time (30s CD, 15s duration).
    Ticks every 2 seconds for ~7k right now, however, only on 1 person. Also, it's raid wide, so there's no guarantee the tick will happen on your group, just the person with the lowest % of health. 15 second duration, 30 second recast... i doubt anyone is going to stagger them and eat 2 gcd and/or get the timing right in the middle of a fight.

Sounds like you're thinking of Healing TIDE totem, which is the lvl 75 talent. It's a 10 second totem with a 3 minute recast... which will be a very nice emergency heal, I agree, but the recast is far too long in it's current form compared to Ancestral Guidance, imho.
    Back to Warcraft!

Ellie sham burst is going to be out the wazu it seems. Default dmg crit of 250%, UE with UF adds 75% to this (should be multiplicative) for lava burst which will then crit for 437.5% of noncrit... Grab flame ascendancy and you can spam this baby, glyph it and it will only hit for 415ish percent but you can switch to non flame shocked targets.

Need to find out more about lava beams.
    Last edited by Noids : 03-25-2012 at 08:49 AM

So what will you guys chose in MoP as the last tier talent? Think that you can use the pets in arena? Ill probably go with the UE talent, inc dmg done to your target by x% for x% second. Fake burst on a target by putting flame shock on him, then switch to another

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    So what will you guys chose in MoP as the last tier talent? Think that you can use the pets in arena? Ill probably go with the UE talent, inc dmg done to your target by x% for x% second. Fake burst on a target by putting flame shock on him, then switch to another
    No one's been able to test out pets yet & really see how their skills work, but right now there's nothing in the wording indicating, a) the cooldown is removed or b) they're permanent or usable in arena. I'm going to guess not. With the duration dropping to 1 minute, and still on a 5 minute CD it seems like they may not be worth it. Fire Elementals get a immolate dot and a channeled ability to increase your damage by 5% (while channeled). Earth Elementals get a channeled ability to reduce the damage you take by 20% (while channeled) and a 4 second stun. These are nice but I'm concerned about the cooldown and I'm going to be concerned that you can't have them both out at the same time (i.e. 2 pet bars).

Personally, I'm leaning towards elemental blast, depending on how it scales with level. Right now, at 85, it's tooltipped at 25k without spellpower additions. If it scales appropriately, 4x of those are pretty effing deadly, with a 5% crit buff for elemental... 2 second cast, 12 second cd. This was originally an AOE but it looks like it's been redesigned, already, into a single target spell, but hard hitting.

On another note, earthbind and earthgrab have both changed to pulse every 5 seconds again.... ugh. Call of the Elements (Shaman Preparation) cooldown changed to 8 minutes (and does not finish your elemental totem cooldowns). Astral Shift changed from 50% reduction to 40% (but no longer reduces your healing/damage, which is awesomeness!) I was concerned about the 75 talents not looking appealing at all, but the change to Conductivity is pretty cool - on paper. The part that stood out to me was that if you lightning bolt a target in your healing rain, allies share 20% of the damage done, as healing. Really attractive against melee teams - however, I rarely lightning bolt anymore... which is why i say, on paper. It'll also spread your healing surges to 20% additional AOE healing too... which is pretty sexy.

Edit: Forgot Ancestral Swiftness... passive 5% haste + makes a nature spell instant every 1 minute... vs Elemental Mastery, 30% haste every 2 minutes (with the damage increase removed).
    If you take Elemental Blast - you may be able to use Ancestral Swiftness and instant cast it since Elemental Blast is a combined Nature/Fire/Frost school spell. So, Lava Burst + Ancestral Swiftness/Elemental Blast will take a chunk of our someone's health at the minimum.
    Last edited by Alemi : 03-26-2012 at 03:50 PM
    Back to Warcraft!

The more I read about elemental shaman changes/glyphs, the more excited I get about doing 5v5!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    The more I read about elemental shaman changes/glyphs, the more excited I get about doing 5v5!
    This, but with dks, rets AND shammies.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P