Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Default 680 GTX review is out and blows away ATI!!

Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I wouldn't call that "blowing away ATI."

That it goes head-to-head/slightly better than ATI's 7970 for a 'lower' launch price (yeah, that low price of 500 isn't going to stay low).

Eh, I'ma just keep puttering along on my Intel Integrated graphics.
    Hardware Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post

That it goes head-to-head/slightly better than ATI's 7970 for a 'lower' launch price (yeah, that low price of 500 isn't going to stay low).

Eh, I'ma just keep puttering along on my Intel Integrated graphics.
    There are tests at 1900-1200 res that it beats even the duel GPU cards. Other than Crysis, it beats the 7970 by 30+ FPS in most tests, and in all the games people are playing ( BF3 for example ). Its cheaper..faster, quieter and uses less power. I think that qualifies it as "blowing away" the 7970.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I would love to have a video card source such that I could test these things in multiboxing situations. I suspect the results would be similar to what you see at the huge resolutions in these single-client tests due to effectively using 3-10x the client surfaces but that's only a guess.

WTB video card sugar mama, PST.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
    If we're gonna be consistent with the way things were stated when the ATI cards were about this much faster than the NVidia cards in the early Fermi days, then yeah, it most definitely blows away the ATI offerings, even beating the dual-GPU solutions in some games.

Really, though, I'm only interested in how it fares in multiboxing applications (e.g.: WoW, Rift and SWToR) with 5-10 clients. Sadly, nobody has test reviews of that setup.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    If we're gonna be consistent with the way things were stated when the ATI cards were about this much faster than the NVidia cards in the early Fermi days, then yeah, it most definitely blows away the ATI offerings, even beating the dual-GPU solutions in some games.

Really, though, I'm only interested in how it fares in multiboxing applications (e.g.: WoW, Rift and SWToR) with 5-10 clients. Sadly, nobody has test reviews of that setup.
    eh, ok.
    Hardware Lurker

Looking through this review it seems BF3, Crisis Warhead and Metro 2033 all are very close with the 7970 vs the 680 at 2560x1600 which is where I am at presently.
    I do wonder how it would handle multiboxing though, it seems that would be a whole different ball of wax lol

pretty much any NVidia card blows away all ATI cards if you ask me.
    I was playing CoH for a while and the only machine with an ATI card failed, might be 5 min into the game, might be 2-3 hours into the game but on average it was 30 min.
    I used about 10 different driver versions and all failed.
    it didn't matter if I used 1 or 2 cards, crossfire enabled, disabled, one card only, the other card only.
    all of my problems went away when I threw those ATI cards into the trash can and bought a relatively cheep 460 NVidia card, which is able to run CoH on that particular monitor at 60Hz.
    X Five, a Galakrond alliance guild for multiboxers
    pally/shaman (thiliander/xenoca) , Shaman/Hunters (Zhedrar), Priest/Warlocks(Yarili,Yarlii,Yariil,Yarlli,Yarill)

When you look at reviews like this you also have to know which game titles are sponsored by nVIDIA (The Way It's Meant To Be Played or TWIMTBP for short) and which aren't -- It can make a huge difference. While the GTX 680 looks nice, I think my GTX 580s will hold me over until the GK110 GPUs come out later this year (supposedly).