Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Force SSD from Corsair

Anyone have any experience with Force series SSDS from Corsair?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233223

The read/write times are almost double what i have now, I have a 32gig patriot.

Anyway i'm getting a little low on room on it and i thought this might be a nice little ssd to get for the price.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mines working great.

Make sure they stock the newest version because there has been a few with a firmware issue though.

OUTLAND EU
    <Autobots Roll Out>

Reading through some of the feedback it seems some people really hate that drive. Though alot of people really seem to like it as well.

Seems for just a few bucks more you could get the higher customer rated drives like the intel or crucial.

First, I moved this thread to hardware because it pertains to hardware. Second, almost anything you look at is going to be double your read and write speeds because the smaller the SSD the worse speed it has. Third, that's a SATA III drive where as that Patriot drive is SATA II. If you don't have SATA III on your motherboard you won't get anywhere near those speeds.

In closing, you couldn't give me an SSD that uses a non-Intel SandForce controller and expect me to use it for anything besides a FRAPS drive. You can also check Corsair's forums to see how many people have problems with their Force series SSDs.

i had probs with there SSD's but the new ones seem a lot better then the past ones. still sometimes does a BSOD to me , though this could me my PSU.
    Last edited by ebony : 03-14-2012 at 08:55 AM

Intel have just released their new drive based on the sandforce controller being the 520. They have their own brand of firmware however which should give much better reliability over the other sandforce products. Intel offers a 5 year warranty on these drives. The 60GB one is 30 bucks more than the corsair drive you are looking at but if you can afford it, the 120GB drive will be a touch faster and the $/GB is more comparable with the corsair.

can afford it... but its one of those things... (do i need it....... no) I'll just wait till I see one on sale and pop on it then.

I am never buying a sandforce-based SSD again. got 2x Force drives atm in RAID; twice now the raid has crashed due to one of the drives becoming unavailable. Plus, my brother and cousin have both had problems.
    The Corsair Performance Pro however, Marvell controller, is rocking my world at the moment.

Alliance-Aman'thul

intel drives have been pretty good to me, however stay very far away from OCZ. Good god fuck their crappy shit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233206

just got this one in the mail today for my new build