Close
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Showing results 191 to 200 of 362

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    finally a release date woot, but still soooooooo far away waa.
    O well, gives me time to get the Heroic Version of the mount of madness, hopefully... already 8/8 hm, just need the damn mount to roll my way!

How are people going to level in MOP ? Solo, main first, x5 straight off ?

I decided to take my main hunter, + 2 other hunters, 1 shammy 1 druid, just hope it won't take tooo long to level x 5 on midnight launch.
    its only two months. that's not far at all!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Amount of Gold Dropped in Old Raids
    In general, enemies in raids and dungeons drop significantly more gold than outdoor foes, specifically because we are assuming that the gold is going to be split 5, 10, or 25 ways. As player power rises over time, it obviously becomes possible to complete old content with significantly fewer players, such that the gold rewards become disproportionately high.

In the past, our only solution was to drastically reduce the gold dropped by legacy content across the board (e.g., Magtheridon, much of Karazhan, etc.). In Mists, we have a new system in place that normalizes gold yield based on the number of players involved in the kill. If a Black Temple enemy drops 100 gold today on live, and you kill it with a 25-player raid group in Mists, it'll also drop 100 gold and each player will get 4 gold. If you solo Black Temple, that enemy will also give you 4 gold. If you do it with 4 friends, it'll drop 20 gold and each of you will get 4.

In other words, the gold obtained from killing raid or dungeon creatures no longer depends upon how many people you bring, or do not bring, with you. This system does not apply to anything in the outdoor world.

found this on MMO champ. that from a blue post. all i can say is booooo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leroyreborn View Post
    Amount of Gold Dropped in Old Raids
    In general, enemies in raids and dungeons drop significantly more gold than outdoor foes, specifically because we are assuming that the gold is going to be split 5, 10, or 25 ways. As player power rises over time, it obviously becomes possible to complete old content with significantly fewer players, such that the gold rewards become disproportionately high.

In the past, our only solution was to drastically reduce the gold dropped by legacy content across the board (e.g., Magtheridon, much of Karazhan, etc.). In Mists, we have a new system in place that normalizes gold yield based on the number of players involved in the kill. If a Black Temple enemy drops 100 gold today on live, and you kill it with a 25-player raid group in Mists, it'll also drop 100 gold and each player will get 4 gold. If you solo Black Temple, that enemy will also give you 4 gold. If you do it with 4 friends, it'll drop 20 gold and each of you will get 4.

In other words, the gold obtained from killing raid or dungeon creatures no longer depends upon how many people you bring, or do not bring, with you. This system does not apply to anything in the outdoor world.

found this on MMO champ. that from a blue post. all i can say is booooo
    I agree with the BOO, but I think this is an indication that blizzard is really trying to skip the hardcore inflation we've seen in every expansion. I can see that being very successful because of the introduction of the black market which will soak hundreds of thousands of gold from the wealthiest goblins every week. I'm going to try and sit tight at 400,000 because if anything we might see some deflation in the months after MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    finally a release date woot, but still soooooooo far away waa.
    O well, gives me time to get the Heroic Version of the mount of madness, hopefully... already 8/8 hm, just need the damn mount to roll my way!

How are people going to level in MOP ? Solo, main first, x5 straight off ?

I decided to take my main hunter, + 2 other hunters, 1 shammy 1 druid, just hope it won't take tooo long to level x 5 on midnight launch.
    am going in x5 warlocks same on beta the more or less the same path i took easy stuff :P

when u levelled in beta , were u grinding, questing? any places u found good to go, that u would like to share with u? The spec u choose to level to go with ur warlocks?
    If fuzzy wuzzy was a bear and fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, was fuzzy wuzzy fuzzy?

If you know a decent or an awesome aoe spot at lvl88+ area where 5 mages could go aoeing the &/"¤ out from that place, please let me know. I never won the beta key, though I never even opted-in in the first place.. but zerging the end-game world areas is my plan and then I'd fill AH with all the new stuff while it's still new.

Probably dungeon farming would be cool, too, but exp-wise that might be slower than killing thousands of world area non-elite mobs.
    I've been leveling 5 druids now with guild perk and 2x heirlooms and doing LFD and it seems still pretty strong way to go at lvl 36..

Basically I'd do anything except questing, unless you need to finish some quests for rep tabards to use in dungeons later

Quote Originally Posted by Kojii View Post
    when u levelled in beta , were u grinding, questing? any places u found good to go, that u would like to share with u? The spec u choose to level to go with ur warlocks?

i went demo tank mode ins cast very fast to kill stuff melee i just went all over the places and just quested it out not much just grinding. but there was classes bugging out game items to onekill my group. but all in all it was not to bad some quests if they had a low drop i would move on the zone i would stay out is right at the bottom.

but a lot might be fixed i did leave loads off feedback for the devs. there no route/plan in mop its just find somewhere to quest and then move on.

i would do quests rep is working a lot def in mop a lot of valor items u need rep. and there no tabands that i seen yet. i could not solo mop dungons with just warlocks there not hard but u need a healer big time.
    Last edited by ebony : 07-26-2012 at 06:46 AM

Quote Originally Posted by runtu View Post
    If you know a decent or an awesome aoe spot at lvl88+ area where 5 mages could go aoeing the &/"¤ out from that place, please let me know. I never won the beta key, though I never even opted-in in the first place.. but zerging the end-game world areas is my plan and then I'd fill AH with all the new stuff while it's still new.
    There are birds in the Valley of the Four Winds called Emperor Tern that have @70k hps and are in small packs that give 22k-23k exp per bird. However, I havent been on the beta for a few weeks and heard a rumor that is was fixed, but its a good place to start.

Playing around with macros tonight, and wanted to make note of some of the things I'm seeing.

Fallthru macros and stacked /casts have been tweaked so they're even less reliable. Sometimes you can't get the fallthru to trigger, sometimes it's really sporadic, and sometimes it'll get stuck on the fallthru and spam that forever. I found very few stacked casts that worked at all. Some do, but most just spammed the hell out of the top spell...if I had to guess based on my half-assed research, I'd say only abilities off the GCD or abilities with a cast time will {maybe/possibly/usually?} work. Instant abilities that invoke the GCD don't seem to work, period.

0,0 Macros still work and you can use them to create stacked castsequences, but they don't work predictably. Which is kind of strange because using 0,0 to create a fallthru workaround on a /castsequence followed by a /cast usually has the same issue as above.

These spells are totally random, since I was only testing macro functionality.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat Searing Totem, 0, 0, Flame Shock, 0, 0, 0, Earth Shock, 0, 0, 0, Frost Shock, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
    /castsequence reset=combat Lightning Bolt, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Chain Lightning
    The above works, albeit poorly, where the 0's are spots where the macro has a chance to drop down to the next sequence, and it'll bounce back and forth between the two rather randomly. It's not uncommon for the macro to act rather like /castrandom and get fixated on a spell and lock up until it can cast that spell, even if the other macro has a spell ready to go. More 0's would probably help that, but that can get to be a lot of added work for limited functionality.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=combat Searing Totem, 0, 0, Flame Shock, 0, 0, 0, Earth Shock, 0, 0, 0, Frost Shock, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
    /castsequence reset=combat Lightning Bolt, Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Chain Lightning
    /cast Unleash Elements
    This one will also work, about the same as the above one. Everything will eventually go off. Keyword being eventually.

Code:
    /cast Unleash Elements
    And this one is pure fail. It seems like as soon as it hits the /cast, it fixates on the /cast and completely ignores the /castsequence from that point on.

Duplicated castsequences still progress across all duplicates in any macro, so that can still be useful.

Using Custom Lag Tolerance can kind of "help" but not enough for it to be worthwhile.

So it looks like we're probably going to be moving into "way more than 2-step" macros when MoP hits.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

The Mop xpac is released the DAY AV weekend finishes... that would have been AWESOME for lvling while 10 boxing for me
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer