Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Just started dual-boxing a few days ago, NO keyclone/hotkeynet, etc (edited)

I got my second 70 recently, and wanted a new challenge, so I decided to try multiboxing. I decided on a mage and an elemental shaman, and am currently lvl 25. I am not using any programs, such as keyclone or hotkeynet, because a) don't have the money to pay for keyclone at this time, and b) I tried hotkeynet, and was completely lost. So basically what I do is have one WoW at the top left, and one at the bottom right of my screen. I cast on one, click the other window hit "1" ( which is /assist ) and begin casting on that character. AOE grinding is difficult in itself for someone new to it, and even more to someone dual boxing. My dilemma is, I want a program that clones my hotkeys, but can't get one as mentioned above. Hotkeynet was fail to me because I could not input my password ( when I tried it, I was using two computers ). Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Yes, I read the guides and everything, but you can't ask a guide a question. I tried Synergy, and again, was completely lost. I am considered computer literate, but these programs are making my head hurt. I have decided to keep both WoW's on one computer, with the setup I mentioned above. /frusterated that I can't make heads or tails of these tools ( Keyclone, etc)
    Frostwolf alliance

Main characters: Ellyndre, lvl 70 combat swords rogue; Annelisse, lvl 70 BOOMkin

The Twins: Lilianah, lvl 25 frost mage; Ilianah, lvl 25 elemental shaman

Try autohotkey, there are some standard WoW-made scripts you can get for it too. If you have trouble programming the scripts you have little chance to make it customised to your likings, but it is way better than using nothing.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

And WoW related scripts you can load into Autohotkey:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...ipt_Collection

There are probably a few threads here that has full scripts as well, that you just need to copy-paste, try the search function..
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Default RE: Just started dual-boxing a few days ago, NO keyclone/hotkeynet, etc (edited)

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120160#post1 20160
    I tried hotkeynet, and was completely lost.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I know HotkeyNet looks very technical and intimidating. Eventually I hope to add some easy point-and-click screens so people can set things up without turning themselves into programmers. But the current version is tough unless you're a bit of a geek. I regret it, but that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120160#post1 20160
    Hotkeynet was fail to me because I could not input my password ( when I tried it, I was using two computers ). Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.
    If you mean HotkeyNet's password, as long as you're using a router, you don't need to use that. I never bother.

EDIT: Yes, I read the guides and everything, but you can't ask a guide a question. I tried Synergy, and again, was completely lost. I am considered computer literate, but these programs are making my head hurt. I have decided to keep both WoW's on one computer, with the setup I mentioned above. /frusterated that I can't make heads or tails of these tools ( Keyclone, etc)
    Let me tell you my trick for preventing this kind of headache. Actually it's not a trick, it's just how programmers do everything.

Start with something incredibly simple. The simplest, tiniest thing you can. With HotkeyNet, that would be one hotkey that sends one keystroke. Get that to work. How hard can it be to get one keystroke to work? Not hard. Somebody will tell you how to do it on a forum.

Then add another little bit. By now you see the pattern. Now you can add a lot of keystrokes.

Then add another kind of feature. Add things one at a time.

The advantage of adding one small thing at a time is that if it doesn't work, you know exactly what you did wrong. The reason people get frustrated is usually because they try to do 50 different things at once. Then when the result doesn't work, they have no idea what to change to fix it.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Good luck getting the multiboxing started.
    The start can be a bit troublesome,
    but once you get over the first few bumbs it's going to be so satisfying <3
    Real-Life is overrated,
    in the end we all die and our family will be like "can i haef your stuff"

Singleboxing WoW
    2box Eve: Umpha & Lumpha

configuring the keyboard broadcaster aka the keyclone and rest of the programs you mention above, as well as getting some suitable macro's together.
    as well as getting past the first few hours and correcting any problems or lack of configurations that you have missed the first couple of evenings of boxing is not a picknic

hang in there, like the person above me said, start with someting really easy and simple. and take simple small babystep from there on. check the wiki, and use the search function and go trougth
    post other have created before you, you should find problems and situatiosn closely to your own and use the feedback and information in those treads to find solutions to atleast some of the problems
    that are giving you a headeache and pain now

when you have gotten yourself a prober configuration and macro's and gotten a hang of the boxing part you will spend a lot of hours opon hours enjoying the multiboxing experience. the headeache from the
    first few evenings are well worth it.

Silver

It was nothing against hotkeynet, I did manage to cast a few spells with it, and it was the first I tried. The issue is with having an alpha-numeric password for WoW ( not Hotkeynet's password ), and using hotkeynet along with the broadcast feature, my laptop was saying "I need a target" and my computer was laughing at me trying repeatedly to input my password, and not being able to put the numbers in =(. I guess my main problem is not knowing how to ask the questions I have, and not being so computer literate. But! I do plan to take computer classes online, as well as some programming classes since I am unable to physically go to college ( back problems ).

And, I am enjoying multiboxing, even if I am doing it all manually. I switch back and forth pretty fast, and since both are casters, I have time enough to cast on each. The healing part, I am a little bad at, but I'm learning quickly.

I appreciate the support I am getting here, and thank you all for your help. Maybe I should go to the bookstore and get some books that help me script things like this. I love the ideas behind the programs, and Hotkeynet's instruction manual was fabulous, without it I would not have gotten anywhere at all.

And btw, I speak the ebonics of geek: I could tell you all about how the blood elves came to be and why the night elves are mortal, but when it comes to scripting, I am speaking a completely different language. Give me some worksheets or something, lol, I really want to learn this, and I am determined to do so.
    Frostwolf alliance

Main characters: Ellyndre, lvl 70 combat swords rogue; Annelisse, lvl 70 BOOMkin

Quote Originally Posted by 'jheinn',index.php?page=Thread&postID=120243#post1 20243
    And btw, I speak the ebonics of geek: I could tell you all about how the blood elves came to be and why the night elves are mortal, but when it comes to scripting, I am speaking a completely different language. Give me some worksheets or something, lol, I really want to learn this, and I am determined to do so.
    I'm one of them lore freaks too. Did you know trolls have fur, for example? *purr*

Anyhow, I'd keep trying to get a program to work, I only have experience with autohotkey myself apart from keyclone. So the other programs I have little knowledge off. But I'm sure you can get something to work.

I doubt getting books about scripting helps much though. There's like a ton of different computer languages. The most important thing is just grasping the complexity of it all. (Which isn't all that complex at all, you'll come to realise, once you get around messing about with it.) Every computer language is essentially the same. You can break it all down in 1's and 0's after all.

If you could tell me which keys you want broadcasted. I could supply a rather simple autohotkey script, but that's about all I can do for ya. :P (So like, 1234567890qertfgzxcv for example.)
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

If my brother wasn't so busy, I'd have him come over and set everything up. But then I'd get teased... being the baby sister is like being the WoW newb.
    Frostwolf alliance

Imo get Octopus, its what I've been using and it works great. Setup is simple and it broadcasts your mouse if your using multiple computers. It also has Maximizer for multiple instances on one screen. Best of all, its free! :thumbsup:

I heard octopus doesn't work anymore, or maybe it doesn't work for vista? my friend told me that it's more complicated than the others, which is why I shy away from it
    Frostwolf alliance