Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

Default Best Healer for Multiboxers?

With the new scroll of resurection Im not locked into shaman healing so I am looking at other classes, as well as the talent trees for MoP.

The three classes are

Holy Priest
    Holy Pal
    Retro Shaman

PvP is more important to me then PvE. I have to heal a lot of mages taking a lot of aoe damage. Ill have like 5 healers and maybe 15 mages to heal.
    Priest has circle of healing which is instant cast, important to keep on the move out of aoe during pvp.
    Pal has instant light of dawn and 2.5 sec holy radiance (looking a MoP talents). Light of Dawn is powerful but requires facing.
    Shaman has CH but CH is also a 2.5 sec cast. And Healing Rain but targeting is also a lot of extra problem.

Shaman has the best buffs though in riptide and earth shield, stacking riptide on the lead tank will make him invincible basically.
    Pal has Blessings and Auras.
    Priest has fear ward.

Anti Fear/Silence/ act’s is also important. Shaman has grounding and tremor totems, Priest has fear ward and dispel magic (targeted though), Pal has devotion aura, hand of freedom, sacred cleansing.

And some offensive utility. Pal has blinding light, Shaman bloodlust (but mages have time warp) and fire elemental and hex. Priest has physic scream.

A possible combo might be 2 pals (plus one pal tank) to cover most blessings and auras and 3 shaman. Or other combos as well.

What you think?
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 03-17-2012 at 03:35 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Right now Priests are one of the best healers. In MoP it looks like Priests and Pally's will be.

You forgot druids and monks.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Yeah if I was you - while you are at it - I'd definitely level 5 resto druids all the way up there!
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

I didnt like boxing with a priest healer. Any are fine for solo healing, but I dont think anyone could say anything to move me away from restro shaman while boxing.

Blog Entries

If you have several Resto Druids, that is pretty good healing.
    I recently did the honor grind, with 5x Druids as Resto...

Wild Growth is instant cast, and will auto heal the "x" (percentage) lowest health characters in the party/raid/bg.
    Efflorescence is an AoE healing circle, which occurs as a result of any critical heal with Swiftmend.
    Between the two, my 5-box Druid team was virtually immune to raw damage.

Rejuvenation x5, was very mana efficient... and healed quite well.
    In PvP, whoever was focus fired would often need nothing beyond that.

The efficient heals are: Nourish (faster) and Healing Touch (slower).
    The emergency heals (mana intensive) are: Lifebloom (instant) and Regrowth (bigger).

You have Tranquility on a very short (3 minute, talented) cooldown...
    And with 2-3 Druids, that is very impressive AoE healing.
    During a Drek fight with 2-3 Warders up, I could stagger my Tranquility by pressing the hotkey (on round-robin) every 5 seconds or so, which is 2+ constant Tranquility effects for over 20 seconds.

Solo, I've found Druids to be a little lacking... in that it takes a while for the HOTs to "ramp up".
    But boxed, they're more than decent.
    That might be true for other healers too... but with Druids there is very little to manage.

I had Rejuvenation talented/glyphed, so it was 1.0 second GCD (base) instead of 1.5 seconds.
    It instantly healed for 15% (75% of a single druids entire Rejuvenation) of the amount, plus the HOT portion.

Rebirth, glyphed gets you a 100% health rez... which in normal BG's or in world PvP is usable every 10 minutes.
    That's pretty nice recovery, on round-robin.

Your healers have Nature's Swiftness on round-robin too.

You have the option to stealth...
    And if your focus is PvP, you can easily take the Tier 1 Feral talent, for +30% movement in Cat Form.

I had each of the Druids do Innervate on the next Druid.
    And with that glyph, they would self innervate for a smaller amount, whenever they innervated someone else.
    So that was a lot of additional mana, for the entire healer team, also on a short reuse.

Treeform was the big cooldown.
    I used it for:
    a) Lifebloom on unlimited targets
    b) Regrowth as an instant cast
    c) Wrath hit harder and cast insanely fast (25K DPS, on average between the 5 Druids)
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Sending the one who can talk sam into rerolling some druids a couple of free Belgian Beers
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

My keybinds were relatively simple.

On the Grid Frame, left click = Rejuvenation.
    Which was the default move.
    Whichever toon was hit first was left clicked.

Right click was originally their Cleanse, but I changed that to Nourish... the default mana efficient heal.

If anyone was focused or hit with burst...
    Or if my group was taking a lot of damage...
    I would:
    a) Scroll Wheel Up, over their Grid Frame = Swiftmend x5; and
    b) Scroll Wheel Down, over their same Grid Frame = Wild Growth x5 (hitting that initial target, and then like Chain Heal... "intelligently" heal the next most hurt players in the area.
    Typically 2-3 of the Druids would crit the Swiftmend, resulting in massive Efflorescence on the team.

I would then 5x Moonfire & 5x Insect Swarm, 2-3 opponents...
    And then Left Click + Scroll Up + Scroll Down...
    And apply dots on another 2-3 opponents...
    Ignore the healer attacks... if you have Mages doing the DPS.

With just Honor gearing, not a single piece of Conquest gear...
    In the 40-man sized BG's, they would often take out twice as many opponents... as Resto spec x5.
    Sure, smart opponents could easily get them, via CC effects and chaining Fear.
    But the raw stacked healing was great against much larger groups... they were holding Reserve Hut, and 15 horde attacked me... and won a good 2-3 minutes later, when all I did was heal frantically, against 3x as many players.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Wild Growth seems the perfect spell but Druid just brings nothing to the table as far as buffs or any kind of fear defense.

The do add offensive punch though.

Also we still dont know the level 90 shaman spells for MoP.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 03-19-2012 at 03:50 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Get a trinket,

Druids are fun and easy. I'm considering driving my hunter group with a druid healer