Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Boost times

Default Boost times

Hey y'all.

I've been wanting to get back into boxing, but don't want to re buy the games for the other accounts I have. They were originally RaF accounts but I didn't get a lot of chances to boost them to 80 before the time ended on the link.

I have no 85s or heirlooms on the accounts, should I just get a single toon to 85 and then work up sets of heirlooms to boost with? Should I quest them all to 85 after I get heirlooms?

How long does it take to boost to at least 70 without RaF or heirlooms these days anyway?

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and I know the main dungeon routes for boosting to 80 as I did it for my friend when it was put up to 80 for the RaF bonuses.
    Arygos - PVE - USA

Well, if you haven't resubscribed your accounts already, you can make use of the new Scroll of Resurrection. This will let you insta-80 one toon per account. They will also get 80 gear, bags and a mount. Your accounts that are reactivated with SoR will also be upgraded to Cata for free. the new SoR also allows you to faction and server transfer for free, so if you wanted, you could use it to join The Zerg, which has several level 25 guilds under it, so you'd get bonus XP for leveling from the guild perks.

If not, XP has been revamped all the way up to the new content, so leveling is much faster. You'd probably boost or level through questing much faster than it would take for you to get full sets of heirlooms.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Not exactly what you're asking, but for perspective, I took a 5-box mixed team from 0 to 80 in 4 days played time using only RDF.

My thread is here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...y-armour-types

This involved a lot of learning on my part, for ISBoxer, multiboxing in general, WoW to a large extent (I had never been in a dungeon before, for example.)

It would probably take you longer to get the 85 setup and heirlooms than that, I'd guess...

The only leg-up I gave myself was 1k gold from another account and even that isn't strictly necessary, imo.

Blog Entries

If your accounts are still inactive, post in this thread: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...f-Resurrection

Even if you have reactivated your accounts, you can call billing for assistance.
    One boxer had reactivated their accounts a week before the promotion went live, and were reimbursed for the cost of the expansions etc..

Essentially, take the Scroll of Resurrection.
    Get your accounts upgraded to Cataclysm free (Classic + Burning Crusade + Wrath of the Lich King + Cataclysm).
    Get a level 80 on each account for free as well.

Level those toons to 85 as a group.
    Get the heirlooms for leveling subsequent teams...

You can RAF, but you don't really need to...
    Unless you want a lot of combinations that you don't have now.
    It isn't that painful to level 2-3 groups, if you haven't done the leveling process in a while.
    The first set will be brand new, so still interesting.
    If you take a different route or use different zones, the second set won't be that painful; especially if you don't do them immediately back-to-back.
    You can also boost, the same as during RAF... that's monotonous, but if its the fastest experience when everything is 3x faster, it will also be the fastest experience at 1x speed (but with a smaller gap between it and other leveling options).
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa