Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Possibly an amazing spot to farm cloth?

Doing some research, I think I may have stumbled upon the best place to farm embersilk cloth. It is during the quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28090

Unfortunately, if you've already done these quests then it is a no-go. Anyone else want to try it out and see how well it does?

Since I have already done these, I must continue my search for a good cloth farming spot elsewhere. Anyone have any good multibox-able spots they would like to share? I'll probably settle for troggs in deepholm.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 03-15-2012 at 09:26 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Was looking for a good spot to speed level and found another thread that pointed me to a location I now have great success grinding for cloth. About 10 stacks of bolts in just a couple hours. Here is the link to the prior thread. Note that I was able to do above while leveling a couple 40ish alts with 3 lvl 85's in a 5 man. Just kept the 40ish toons well back on the ledge in the middle were two large sections join. Was able to pull 15-20 mobs to me and shroom explode them with my 3 lvl 85 druids. Took time to loot all those corpses but all mobs had respawned by the time looting was done.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...t=awesome+spot

@ EATCarbs,
    LoL, this is where I do my embersilk cloth farming. My first set was pally +4shammies, and when I leveled my second set, 5 demolocks (all are tailors, btw), I did not complete the quest there. 10 dots and five pets, run up and loot, profit! Rinse and repeat!

If you drink the potion of treasure finding, it complements very well. In one hour, I have more stacks than I want. I have to transfer loots to alts in between. And the best thing about this place is that it is phased. I rarely see any competition at all, esp. on a PVP server. AND the best thing is that the mobs will not aggro you, unlike the troggs in deepholm!

SaraiE
    Last edited by SaraiE : 03-16-2012 at 05:45 PM Reason: can't spell competition

Quote Originally Posted by SaraiE View Post
    AND the best thing is that the mobs will not aggro you, unlike the troggs in deepholm!

SaraiE
    My old 5-paladin group actually LIKED the fact that the troggs would aggro. More the merrier...LOL!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It sucks, I really wanted to use this spot. Had to settle for deepholm
    Now I have to farm leather!

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    It sucks, I really wanted to use this spot. Had to settle for deepholm
    Now I have to farm leather!
    May not be able to rack up stack upon stacks fast, but for Blackened Dragonscale, The Pale Roost in Deepholm is the best place I've found for them. You get the Leather, no scraps, BDscales, money, trash, and a good drop rate on greens. Alot of times the greens are lvl 80 and below so you can sell them on the AH for a couple hundred gold easy. Anything 81 are better off getting disenchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    May not be able to rack up stack upon stacks fast, but for Blackened Dragonscale, The Pale Roost in Deepholm is the best place I've found for them. You get the Leather, no scraps, BDscales, money, trash, and a good drop rate on greens. Alot of times the greens are lvl 80 and below so you can sell them on the AH for a couple hundred gold easy. Anything 81 are better off getting disenchanted.
    Thanks for the tip! lately, i've been farming skins on my hunter in TB during downtime between Rath Strat premades.

For embersilk I generally go to Deepholm (Crimson Expanse area), with my 5 shamman's I sometimes cannot loot fast enough before the troggs repawn. I loot with my tailor for the extra cloth and will also use the treasure finding potion to get even more stuff. I calculated the money and cloth at one time for an hours worth of work, but can't remember it now. It was substantial amount of cloth though. I can give you the coordinates if you need them.
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

I farm here with potion of treasure finding. Normally get

10-15 greens
    60 stacks of cloth
    vendor trash
    300ish actual gold
    volatiles and ore ofc as well

Normally DE the greens and buy orbs (if cheap enough) to turn cloth into dream cloth for leg enchants. If I sold the cloth it'd be 5.5k an hour alone + gold and stuff normally nets me over 6k an hour and if i turn them into leg armors I can get an extra 3k or so an hour after everything is said and done.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

What kind of group/firepower does one need to survive in this spot?

Would 2 lvl85 quest-geared paladins be enough?