Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default How to get into TBC heroics

Hey,

Currently levelling a new mixed team exclusively through dungeons (bar the first 10 levels). My main goal is to experience *ALL* 5 content at the required level. So far having a blast with dire maul as a high (I only started to play during Wrath, so missed out on a lot of original content). No RAF feels great

Anyway, I remember from the first time I levelled that I could not access TBC heroics (not required rep) and I never really bothered with them. So since I'm closing in on TBC I was wondering if someone could point me into the right direction of what the path is to follow to get attuned/get the rep to unlock the heroics in TBC (tabards, order of instances, etc). I don't mind to lock xp at level 70 btw to be able to try them all.

All tips welcome.

Cheers,
    z
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Hey,

Currently levelling a new mixed team exclusively through dungeons (bar the first 10 levels). My main goal is to experience *ALL* 5 content at the required level. So far having a blast with dire maul as a high (I only started to play during Wrath, so missed out on a lot of original content). No RAF feels great

Anyway, I remember from the first time I levelled that I could not access TBC heroics (not required rep) and I never really bothered with them. So since I'm closing in on TBC I was wondering if someone could point me into the right direction of what the path is to follow to get attuned/get the rep to unlock the heroics in TBC (tabards, order of instances, etc). I don't mind to lock xp at level 70 btw to be able to try them all.

All tips welcome.

Cheers,
    z
    Don't you just get rep to honoured for each faction that "owns" the instance, change difficulty to heroic, and walk in? You used to buy keys but no more keys in game. Pretty sure you have to be lvl 70 as well.

Looking at this link;

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3562

it shows yo what lvl for heroic, what lvl to be able to enter it/queue for it, what faction it is under. I'm sure you can use the search function for the rest of them.

As for rep, usually just farm the normal versions until you are honoured, then enter
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

As I recall, it's just honored now instead of revered, which doesn't take but a few quests in the associated zones. Some might require a key (Shattered Halls used to at any rate) unless they've nerfed that too in a recent patch.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

None of them require keys or any other attunement anymore, and i'm not sure if there's a minimum rep requirement or not. I recently ran through a bunch of them solo on a toon that was gifted to 80 so I might not have had any rep.

Cheers, I completely forgot about the 'keys are gone' change.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

Yeah these don't seem to have any requirements at all. I accidentally did heroic magisters when I meant to do regular for this reason! Also, until I dinged 74 all of the BC heroics were available to me in LFD. (and I tried to pick up a few), the quest XP is decent even though the kill xp is crap.

thanks for the info luxlunae, all tough i plan to do them at level 70 (and freeze xp if needed)

Follow up post: I was able to get into each heroic through the LFD after completing the normals. No rep seems to be needed. Though with the MoP beta I skipped my plans to do each heroic at level as it seems to be harder than I expected, and I would need to farm a ton of gear first.