Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16
    Blog Entries

Default Streaming with XSplit Broadcaster

I've messed around with the Flash Media Encoder and VHRSCap program, as per the thread on the multiboxing.com site, and have not had any luck with getting that to work.

I decided to try other options, and found XSplit Broadcaster (www.xsplit.com), which is in a beta (free) stage at the moment.
    When not broadcasting, the battlegrounds are smooth enough... follow will occasionally break out of the AV gate, but briefly stopping my movement at three points ensures my team reaches Galvatron still in range of the Crusader Aura.
    While broadcasting, the battlegrounds are noticeably choppy but playable; just not very enjoyable while streaming.

See: www.twitch.tv/ualaa and http://www.twitch.tv/ualaa/b/304013746

I'm running IS Boxer, not the developer build, and its set to automatically update.
    The CPU stuff is set so the lead toon has one core, while the other four toons share the remaining three cores.
    The i5 has no hyperthreading, just physical cores.

My system is:
    Windows 7 Home, 64-bit.
    Motherboard is an Asus P8Z68-VPro, not using any of the overclocking features.
    i5 2500K, at stock speed, with an after-market Corsair A70 cooler.
    8gb of DDR3 ram, 1600mhz.
    The OS is on an OCZ Vertex 3, SSD; Warcraft is on a Patriot Torq SSD; XSplit is running on a 10k rpm Raptor drive.
    Two 27" widescreen Samsung monitors (1920x1080, each), running on an eVGA Ge-Force GTX570 (1280mb).
    All drivers are up to date.

Speedtest.net shows an average of 48.18Mb/sec down, and an average of 4.82Mb/sec upload speeds.

In Xsplit Broadcaster, I initially had it set to a max Bit Rate of 2000 as a trial.
    The test feature was both green and yellow (with a recommendation to reduce the bit rate, if it came up yellow often).
    To be sure I had the bandwidth, I've set it to 1,200 Max Bitrate (kbps).
    The VBV Buffer (kbit), scales to exactly match the chosen Max Bitrate; I've not changed this setting at all.
    The codec is X 264, and it is not giving an option to change that.
    The stream area is 1920x1080 (HD), at 25 FPS (which was the default)
    The audo is 44,100 KHz 16-bit Stereo, which was the suggestion from the video on their site; I'm using the default AAC LC Codec, although the video on their site recommended using MP3 (which is not an option for me to choose).
    I am not recording what I broadcast (that box is unchecked).
    I have Interleave audio and video in one RTMP channel checked, which was the default.

I'm streaming the entirety of Monitor 1 (which is the current main toon) in full screen.
    I'm not streaming the second monitor, with the slaves.

I have two scenes set.
    One is the streaming of Monitor 1.
    The other is blank, so I can log-in without revealing my account names.

In Warcraft, I have the slaves set to 250 view distance.
    And just about everything else minimal.
    With no shadows, spell effects, weather etc.
    The main has maximum view distance, medium on most other settings, but zero shadows/water effects and medium spell effects.

Any suggestions on removing the choppiness?
    Near totally inexperienced with streaming myself, so not sure where the bottleneck is.

Would reducing the stream quality, possibly going 1280x720 and/or a lower bitrate, improve the play quality?
    I'm considering overclocking the CPU some, to something not very extreme.
    Not sure if the CPU is a bottleneck.
    I'd assume 1,280mb video is enough for 1x medium, 4x low settings, especially considering the fairly smooth play when not streaming.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I bet you want 29.97 as frame rate. It's the same with fraps (it solved the sloppiness I had despide my kick ass comp specs). I've set everything to 1280x720. and works like a charm. Don't ask me for any specifics, but I spend some time researching (something like optimal broadcast wow twitch, in google) and came across a pretty few decent guides that recommended these settings + explanation why (which I don't care about).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

Thanks, I'll try those settings

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Blog Entries

Thanks!

That did the trick; it's so smooth, aside from having the window open to show its streaming, I wouldn't know it was.

Ha, that worked for me too, super thread

edit: posted in wrong thread
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Blog Entries

Streaming the Pallies & 4x Death Knights.

Twitch.tv/ualaa

Had 4K honor, from Conquest > Honor.
    Bought a 2,200 honor piece on each, and am close to another 2,200 honor piece.

Blog Entries

Nice stream Ualaa ..enjoyed the show ..cu again

Oe cool somebody else to watch next to towelie, poket and miarose (yes i know)

Blog Entries

Will be streaming the DK's (with Juds trying to keep up with the little gnomettes) in IoC shortly, probably a few hours until its time to leave for my Dungeons and Dragons session this afternoon.