Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default Today is a good day...

..to quit

I just got my 7970 as well for an even better boxing experience... I'm sure i'll make good use of it in other games!

I've only just started working on my arena rating, I've gotten to just over 1500 in a couple of weeks of about 35-40 games.

But ..it's time to take a break, no doubt I'll be back in the expansion - but for now I'm going to concentrate on my photography.

Here's some of my stuff
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/62198876@N02/

I'm going to sell my Sony equip and get some Canon and concentrate on Macro photography

Have fun y'all.

sorry to see you go.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Blog Entries

Take it easy, and we will still be here.

Curious, what kind of photography are you doing?

Stephen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Cheers guys, F9thRet you'll see a variety in my Flickr - I have a membership for the national trust so there's some nice places around Surrey to see. I will be starting off by concentrating on macro - it'll be expensive just to get the body + macro lens + flash.. then I'll have to save up for other lenses.

Here's a small selection of Macro I've done on my current camera -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6219887...7627374868533/

I'm selling this kit on the AVForums.

Blog Entries

That is awesome work man. I some Macro the other day in fact, that was reflections on water drops, which while technical, and difficult, is nowhere compared to filming live specimens. I wish you the best in your endeavors. Way back , before the old Marine corp days, I played with a lot of B&W photography , on what is now ancient equipment, like a K-1000 Camera and 35 mil. film, hand rolled development, and a small dark room, I helped to build at the local community college.

Years later, I think it really helped, as it gave me an Eye, when I was doing Int. work with the Corp, as in Sat photo's. (Was my main MOS in my last few years there.)

So anytime, I get to meet someone with an eye like you have, I genuinely feel privileged To have been a witness to a moment in your life that you shared. Keep up the good work, and please stay in touch with us here, so we can continue to see your work.

Stpehen
    "You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the
    point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth
    - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin
    Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Thanks Stephen

I'll keep you updated when I get some photos, I've just bought the lens and flash - just need a body before I can get snapping.

Quote Originally Posted by fengzi597 View Post
    Your pictures are awesome.
    Thanks! hope to do so more soon.. just need the the new Canon camera.. my Sony stuff will sell in 4 days.

Here's a quick one from the weekend with my old kit.

You looking at me? by dancook1982, on Flickr

I'm rocking an older body Eos XTI with a Sigma 85mm 1.4 for portraits. Its a very fun hobby.

I got the new Canon today, 5d Mark II

Haven't had much chance to try it outside today - I haven't figured out all the buttons on the flash either

If life gives you lemons by dancook1982, on Flickr

High Contrast Cone by dancook1982, on Flickr

Incy Wincy Spider by dancook1982, on Flickr

I want more insects

Mr. Dancook,

I was thinking of purchasing a Digital SLR. Which is better, the Nikon D700 or D7000? I intend to take pix of wifey, she said she will be my model and mostly scenic stuffs...this is for hobby, not anything close to what you are doing.

SaraiE