Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default [edit] Bah...not NVidia -- SSD failure :/

Anyone else running NVidia and using drivers later than 285.62? 285.62 has been bug-free, but since upgrading to 296.10 a couple days ago, I've had videos glitching, primary/secondary monitors swapping themselves for no reason and WoW artifacting badly. I haven't done much diagnosis -- I just went back to what works. Anyone else having trouble with newer drivers? Any theories on what they introduced lately that might be...less than stable?

[edit] Hmm...looks like one of my SSDs may be going south. :/
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 03-16-2012 at 05:59 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Been running 290.36 since they came out and haven't decided to move up since then. I'm tempted to try out some TweakForce drivers but I haven't gotten around to it.

Was very strange. I have two 64GB SSDs in RAID0, with the raid partition set to about 100GB to allow for wear-leveling space. Things have been fine until this week when I reinstalled WoW. It dropped my free space down to about 8GB and since then I've been seeing graphics corruption and driver hangs, lots of registry hive corruption and \device\harddisk2 controller errors. I uninstalled a few older games and freed up about 40GB last night and haven't seen any more errors. I suspect that 2nd SSD has a chip that's going bad. Bleh. Hadn't planned on having to redo things this weekend. :/

Very odd, indeed. Maybe do a secure erase on the drives to bring them back to factory spec before you redo the raid.

I doubt I'm gonna bother. Frankly, I've wanted to upgrade these drives for a while now, for more breathing room and to take advantage of some of the newer, faster controllers. This isn't a problem -- it's an opportunity!

[edit] 2 Samsung 470s are waiting at Fry's. Hopefully the backup/restore will go fast on these. And looking at the benchmark differences between these and the Kingston SSDNow V drives I have, I should end up with a boner when I'm done.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 03-16-2012 at 06:04 PM