Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    Unfortunately, Eyefinity requires Active display adapters for the 3rd and 4th monitors (which means they require separate power, usually through a USB connector) - http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/...y-dongles.aspx
    Unfortunately, I could not find such an adapter on Monoprice. Maybe they exist elsewhere for a good price.
    Noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollwerk View Post
    I'd give serious thought to a couple of these - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130687
    GTX 570 is a solid card and this version has double the amount of video RAM compared to other 570s.
    Hell of a deal for $350, IMHO.
    Wait a few weeks for Kepler and nVidia will be dropping prices on their Fermi cards across the board.

So running two cards? One for the main display and the second card for the slave accounts gives the main the same performance as if it were running a single account (apart from the CPU load) ? I am considering upgrading from a 6970 to a 7970 due to a monitor upgrade and so I am wondering which would be the better upgrade, a second 6970 which would allow crossfire in other games and still give me good performance in Rift or going with the single 7970 which would cost about $200 more that the 6970. My main display is running at 2560x1600 and the 2 secondary displays are at 1600x1200.

So can anyone confirm that running ISBoxer with main screen using one video card and two secondary screens using a second video card would provide a similar gaming perfomance on the main screen as if it were running a solo characters? I know CPU/memory might be an issue, but strictly on the video card front would it be a true statement???

I can't confirm ISBoxer but, it should provide the same as running solo assuming you have the settings in your slave WoWs to run from the secondary monitors. But, I'm no hardware person so I could totally be wrong.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

As long as you keep each instance of wow on it's own monitor/video card then theoretically yes. As soon as you move an instance from one card to another you take a performance hit.

There are quite a few older threads on this with more details. If I can get to a computer I'll see what I can find.

I got the new card and installed it. Overall I went from average of around 22fps and this now has gone up to 33fps. In the process I downloaded the AMD system monitor tool from AMD and it seems the bottleneck is not the 7970, it is maxing out at 66% utilization in Rift with 5 clients running. My cpu is also maxing out at 70% and memory is at around 8gig out of 12gig available. The main drive is a 120gig SSD.
    So kinda strange, I presume it is just a badly optimized engine in Rift.

The 680s are out btw and they are cheaper and faster than any single GPU out atm.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    The 680s are out btw and they are cheaper and faster than any single GPU out atm.
    For me the reason I went ATI was that I could run the 7970 and 6970 in crossfire (basically I think it would be the same as 2 6970s in crossfire) which looking at preliminary reviews would be faster than the single 680 and get me some better long term value.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    For me the reason I went ATI was that I could run the 7970 and 6970 in crossfire (basically I think it would be the same as 2 6970s in crossfire)
    I'm no pro when it comes to Crossfire but... I don't think you can do that.