Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default 2 hand vs Dual Wield

I had another DK ragging me pretty hard this weekend for using 2 hand frost for pvp - I've always thought that 2 handers were the way to go for pvp..... Now that i actually have the gear to back it up that is. His dps was higher on Balinda, he had 23k and i had around 17-19 on toons.

I dont know... anyone else running dual wield or am i crazy?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Alove/simple

One of my dks - all 4 of them pretty much have the same gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Palem/simple

Paladin - Healer

Let me know if you see something that i could fix. All in all its been a good time. Especially in Tol Barad.... I have a blast in there.

In terms of burst/DPS, Frost is just about equal between 2H and DW. What you choose to use is basically flavor. Personally, I'd go the same route given the fact that one 2Her is significantly cheaper than two 1Hers. That's valuable Honor that you can spend on other equipment.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Its been so long since Ive run DK's both solo and as a team, but I do recall there being a difference. I.e. 2H with specific rune on a particular stance, vs dual wield with two different runes or enchants, for a different stance.

Not only that, but its no secret that unless as a boxer you have your keypresses done just exactly perfect, a GOOD solo player can out dps one of your team members. Did you happen to ask this "ragger" if he would share his rotations or was the conversation just a QQ fest?

Remember the guys name?

Got a link for him? If I were you, id start by comparing his gear to one of your characters. Perhaps theres a clue there, before you go and start rethinking your setup. Besides, arent you also healing with your healer?

Yes, I'm not saying he rattled me and my playstyle he just got me thinking. I dont want to just be okay, i'd rather play them the best i can and if switching to 1 hand helps that much i'd save up for some weps.

Cant remember his name or server - one of those cross realm players that i just randomly encountered. Just seeing if anyone had experience with it. I've played DKS solo and you're right you wont get the max dps from multiboxing.

I'm currently getting 1h weapons for my dks, i should have my y2 ones in 2 weeks if you can wait that long for an answer.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Well i could get the season 10 1 handers in a bout a day if i really wanted them. I just dont see how they could be that much of an improvement to worry about.

I switched from a 2h to dual wield, and the dual wield just feels more powerful to me. Its probably a preference thing more than anything.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

From what I've read, a big 2-Hander will be bigger numbers on Obliterate and more anti-healing on Necrotic Strikes.
    But the dual-wielding is more overall damage (higher DPS), at the cost of reduced burst.

You can put Razorice and Fallen Crusader on your weapons, instead of just Fallen Crusader.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

And as a blood DK dual-wield has higher chance of spawning blood worms since you hit more often, right?
    valle2000
    multiboxing WoW using hotkeynet and jamba addon

Quote Originally Posted by valle2000 View Post
    And as a blood DK dual-wield has higher chance of spawning blood worms since you hit more often, right?
    Blood DK should NEVER dual-wield. Ever.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.