Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Cool multibox team recommendations 5x5 and RBG

hello all,

let me post my current setup
    druid 5x = 85 / 85 / 75 / 75 / 75
    shaman 5x = 85 / 85 / 75 / 75 / 75
    4dk + 1hpally 85 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 60

i haven't really had the luxury of doing any end game arena / RBG but i've been boxing in bgs and tearing it up. my teams are almost there. my question for you guys is: what is the best arena team / rated bg team for multiboxing?
    i know back in the day it was shamans. are they still justified in the arena/RBG?
    when they introduced click to move + interact with target - multiboxing melee became very justifiable. the reason the dks work so well is becoz of deathgrip. none of the other melee works very well does it in arena/RBG? 5x enh sham? 5x feral druid? i had a feeling DKs only work coz of the death grip if so then 5x monks will be ruled out. but i have heard ppl doing successful with 5 feral druid.
    my wife has been healing as my 5th spot on my team. she wants to start multiboxing. we've lvled her a pally to 60 to join dks. our plan is to do the following:
    team 1: 5x druid (either feral or boom) & 5x shaman. the crit from boomkin would help the shamans and the totem of wrath would help teh booms so i think boomkin would be better?
    team 2: 8x dk & 2 holy pally
    5x each, 10x total between the two of us.
    is this the right course of action?
    what other team(s) should we be focusing on? what teams should we drop all together?

Thanks in advance,

Banewolf

looking for the long term ideal team. the one team that ruled them all i guess .
    should my wife and i do 10x druid? or 10x shaman? or 8dk + 2 hpally? im trying to get it right so ic an actually finally start boxing for fun instead of grinding up levels. thats another thing that pissed me off. right after i hit 1-60 and was working on 60-85 bzy made RAF 1-80 leaving me to lvl up without bonus. and on top of that the price of each xpac was cut in half so i ended up paying double...on each account. oh well ... =P

by the way i like the new site lay out but it does appear to be crashing with latest version of firefox when trying to post
    Last edited by Banewolf : 02-14-2012 at 04:36 AM Reason: don't reply to your own posts, edit them

For rated/random BGs Id imagine 8 DKs + 2 holy paladins would be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    For rated/random BGs Id imagine 8 DKs + 2 holy paladins would be decent.
    thanks Niktia for the reply! just following up.

I think the DKs & Hpally will work ok. my friend said his entire guild was farmed by a 4DK+1HPally and 5guild mates so I imagine it will work with times 2 scale of 8DK + 2 HPALLY.

I guess I will stick to that team as our primary.

I hate to just forget about the druids and shamans they are already so high lvl. but if its not worth it, its better off to pull the plug on team2 so i can focus on the DK and HPALLY team1. i dont really hear much about boxing the shamans..or boomkins anymore these days but that could change with future patches/xpac i suppose. i know the boomkin starfall burst was good for awhile but nerfd and ele lost some burst in a nerf too or something.

4 monks and a DK? ha..

most ppl i talk to on irc #isboxer/#multiboxing they are pve. what teams is most boxed in pvp ? or is 4dk+hpally just FTW for RBG/arena lol

i guess that makes it easy for me and my wife. only 1 team to focus on..i just want it to be the best of all team options. i dont mind rolling from lvl 1-85 on 5 or even 10 toons if it means being the right classes. i been dual boxing 2x (wife&my original accts) since prebc (the ghetto way with keyclone) and multiboxing 5 since bc but mostly casual and stuck spending time leveling. been planning more of hte long term end game but i guess thats impossible to keep up with since new classes come out new content new nerfs/rebalances. hell after monks is necros..?

we already 2x priest and 2x mage to 80 in addition to the teams mentioned before but thought it wasn't good for boxing. if 4x priest & 1dk or 5x priest is worth it. we can lvl 3 more priest or 2 if the DK is better for the team. and 3 mages more to make it 5..sounds like endless leveling

i dont know arena well enough nor multiboxing pvp but i have hit 2k+ before single player in 2v2 and 3v3 doing normal comps like druid&war / shaman & war / priest & rogue / rogue&mage and PRM for 3v3 etc. but multiboxing is its own beast..

some teams are surely fail and i dont wanna waste anymore time leveling up toons that wont work. so i will forget two 80 mages, two 80 priest, 5 75+ druids, 5 75+ shamans..lol? or are shamans still good? if they are what about 10? is boxing druids fail? 10 druid? 10 shaman? 5x each? i guess maybe my plan for those teams is to still finish. get from 75-85 and try it out. and i will let ppl know.since i already have 5x each she can do 5 sham and i can try 5 druid.

4 DK + 1 hpally is proven effective from what i've seen. its hard to stop 4 plate + 4 death grip + 1hpally bubbleheals

so thanx Nikita. I will keep at it with my team1 of 8DK and 2 HPALLY.

team2 i will put on back burner but will give it a shot. 5 druid 5 shaman. i will try mix variety between feral/boomkin & ele/enhance coz i've seen footage of both feral/boom and ele and enh and all seem somewhat successful/iffy tho.

take care happy v-day all

Last season I got up to 2200 MMR in 5v5 playing 4 ele shamans. This season Im having a hard time getting past 1700. Ele shamans are not viable in 5v5 anymore, atleast not @ "high" ratings. I just lvled up 3 ret paladins and a Dk, gonna try 5v5 this week, and ill post how it went

Blog Entries

If you're playing five, I cannot think of anything better (for PvP) than 1x Healer and 4x Death Knights.
    For arena, the healer will either be a Paladin or a Priest.
    For battlegrounds, any healer would be decent.

The Paladin is strong because of Plate armor, having Bubble against being focused, and for the simplicity of their healing.
    Set up Grid/GridCustomLayouts/Clique, and click heal when there isn't a lot of pressure (I use Flash of Light, Divine Light and Cleanse).
    Have Beacon of Light on the Pally, along with the talent Protector of the Innocent (self healing, by healing others).
    Then set the two macros up, and Focus if anyone is being focused.
    #show
    /castsequence [@focus,exists,nodead] Flash of Light, Flash of Light
    /cast [@focus,exists,nodead] Holy Shock
    #show
    /castsequence [@focus,exists,nodead] Holy Shock, Holy Shock, Holy Shock, Word of Glory

The Priest has a multitude of heals, so you can pick the perfect heal for the situation.
    But I don't like the complexity, compared to the Paladin... as you have enough things to focus on.
    If you go Holy, you can heal after dying (Spirit of Redemption), which is a large plus in Arena play.

With any healer...

The DK's have defensive cooldowns, making them rather tough:
    - Anti-Magic Shell: Prevents the application of anything that gives a debuff icon (7 seconds, every 45 seconds)
    - Pillar of Frost: Prevents knockback (off of cliffs, by Shaman or Boomkin)
    - Icebound Fortitude: Prevents Stun and breaks stuns
    - Lichborne: Acts as a second trinket, against Fear/Polymorph/Charm effects... basically only use it for Fear.

The DK's will play 30 feet from the Healer.
    Via Interact With Target.
    You can Death Grip those who go for the Healer, into their "Blender" of attention.

I'd get IS Boxer for sure.
    And check out my DK Guide (based off of Mosg2's guide).
    It makes DK's far more effective.

For casters, I like Boomkin more than Shaman.
    But Boomkin have not been nearly as powerful for at least the last three expansions.

Boomkin can go Feral, which is very fun.
    And far stronger than Boomkin.
    You'll basically lose to a boxed melee cleave (as will everything else that is not melee cleave).
    And destroy single targets, probably faster than anything else.
    But not be as effective, because of a lack of AoE damage (nothing compares to a DK's Howling Blast [10 Yard radius burst, 30 yards away, applying a strong DOT which buffs our direct damage spells and slows (to 50%) our opponents].

In MoP, Feral will regain their ability to Power Shift out of Root effects (they can currently Power Shift out of Snares).
    They will be able to Nature's Swiftness heal, while in Cat Form... which should be a massive upgrade in survival.

Battle Rez, with the glyph, is a 100% health restore.
    Predatory Strikes, gets you an instant cast (across the team) every 10 seconds or so.
    Nature's swiftness will be five more, every 3 minutes, and on demand.

If the choice is Boomkin or Shaman, Shaman are a lot more effective.

Totems stack, fairly well...
    Mana ones don't, but the Health ones do.
    And you can round-robin the Tremor Totems, which act as a raid-wide (if you're in range) Fear break... making the team almost immune to Fear.

They have a fair amount of burst, between Chain Lightning and Fire Elementals every 5 minutes.
    They can Elemental Mastery / Lava Burst.
    Lightning Bolt is usable while moving, which is a huge buff.

Other casters can be fun...
    Shadow Priests, Disc Priests, Boomkin, Mages, Warlocks, etc...
    But likely, nothing is close to as powerful.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Can't really add much to what's already been said.

Death Knigths and Shamans seem to be most powerful indeed.
    Druids (and Priests) are most fun.

Biggest difference between the two is having a one-button-spam team, or play like a solo-player with 4 mirrors (Well, not that black and white, but you get the idea).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrberus View Post
    Can't really add much to what's already been said.

Death Knigths and Shamans seem to be most powerful indeed.
    Druids (and Priests) are most fun.

Biggest difference between the two is having a one-button-spam team, or play like a solo-player with 4 mirrors (Well, not that black and white, but you get the idea).
    Gonna put ret paladins before ele shamans there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
    Gonna put ret paladins before ele shamans there.
    Really? I started with a ret pally team, back in wotlk, but abandoned them in cata, because their dps was very disappointing. That changed?

Not talking about PvE, purely PvP! Im able to dish out 18-22 k dps on raider dummy with CDs up. But without I barely hit above 10 k

Do you have any good 2-step macros for RET pallies?
    I only manage to get good dps when I use CLCRET and manually click whatever ability it tells me to.