Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default AskMrRobot for PVP

I just tried Askmrrobot.com for optimization on my pvp gear. I am not sure it is really correct for PVP.
    Can I trust what mr.robot is telling me for PVP optimization?
    For example: Razorice on mainhand (DK) vs Fallen Crusader??

Changing mastery to Haste on some items (eg Ruth Glad Dreadplate helm).

thanks,

I take it that you play a DW frost dk. For pve it's recommended to put razorice on MH and fallen crusader on offhand. Razorice is expose armor + dmg increase, fallen crusader is heal + stacking strength buff. In pvp most tend to play with fallen crusader on MH and razorice on offhand. That is for solo play. I prefer razorice on MH however in pvp.

You never ever want to reforge mastery into haste for pvp. Everything should be reforged into mastery.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

reforginator. get it. best addon ever.

Blog Entries

I usually go to www.talentchic.com, which is now named www.wowpopular.com.
    Same site, but my bookmark is for their original name, and the URL still works to get there.

Most popular does not always mean best for your situation.
    But it is a good place to start.

You select your class and spec.
    The type of play that you do, in this case PvP.
    But you could go with Questing, Raiding, Instances, etc.
    The last field is the type of data that you want: Talents, Glyphs, Gems or Enchants.

The site parses the entire armory regularly.
    And takes what is most popular or most commonly encountered.
    It lists the most popular, but you could click on a slot for enchants and see all of the top choices instead of just the top choice for each of the enchantable slots.

I like the site, because it gives you a good idea of what is good to have, between Build 1, Build 2, and Build 3, with their variations.
    You can be sure, most of the top raiders are similar to what ElitistJerks posts.
    And most of the other raiders copy the top dogs.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I usually go to www.talentchic.com, which is now named www.wowpopular.com.
    Same site, but my bookmark is for their original name, and the URL still works to get there.

I like the site, because it gives you a good idea of what is good to have, between Build 1, Build 2, and Build 3, with their variations.
    You can be sure, most of the top raiders are similar to what ElitistJerks posts.
    And most of the other raiders copy the top dogs.
    I'd personally advice against that, seen many specs that were plain wrong listed as 'popular'. The ele shaman spec that is now listed as 1 is plain wrong, and the glyph choices are debatable as well. If you want to find decent pvp specs, what I recommend is check the current 3v3 bracket for your battlegroup, and check how the top pvp'rs spec, and try to analyse yourself what the differences are. For pve I would redirect you to the classical guides on EJ, mmo, etc ... reason is that many raids in dragonsoul require a reforgoe i.e. are a gimmick (many specs have even better class sites, like totemspot.com for ele shaman, or shadowpriest.com, etc). To clear 8 dragonsoul heroic fights I use 3 different elemental shaman specs and change glyphs on almost every fight (and sometimes a particular spec requires a very particular trinket, glyph or reforge etc). And I don't really pay attention in what spec I log out, ... if someone was to see my armory and thinks, hmz this dude looks legit by his raid progression, lets copy his spec, .. well he will end up getting screwed.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!