Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Cool RAF now but what later?

So I'm doing 5 mages now with RaF. After they hit 80 should i put the levels into 4 more mages since i already have one, id level 4 to 40 and get all of them to 80 then have 10 total? I PVP mainly FYI and i 10 box. Lookin for combos to run as 5box and even as 10 boxes!

or
    Should i grant levels 4 more shamans so i would have 8 enhance runnin with my resto druid and holy pally

or
    should i grant levels 4 pallys so i could do 5 ret or prot

or
    should i grant levels 4 warriors and run 4 warriars and a holy pally?

or
    should i grant levels 4 hunters to join my hunter and have 5 total

Too many options. basically asking should i do the 10 mages or should i do raf levels to run pallys, warriars, hunters, or 8 shamans lol.

Let me hear what yall think please

I currently 10 box a melee group and love it 4 enh sham, 4 dk, holy/prot pally, resto druid.

Also have options for 5x lock or 5x boomy WITH 4x ele shaman and holy pally for ranged group but havnt tried yet.
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

Blog Entries

I would recommend leveling as many teams as you can stand.
    Most likely via boosting, once you have a capable booster.

If the Mages are your first toons, possibly quest or play them (at least the booster) to 83rd, 84th or 85th... so they can comfortably solo level 80 dungeons.

You won't regret having additional options at 80th, when RAF expires.
    Plus the more toons you level, the more levels you can grant, which is even more toons.
    Just be sure to use all the granted levels before RAF ends, they cannot be used after the RAF time expires.
    You can eventually have a tradeskill empire, or not need to level from scratch... whatever the next boxing itch becomes.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Since im leveling 5 mages should i use the granted levels so i can have 10 mages? or do a group of 5 pallys or warriors? or should i add to my shaman group so i can have 8 shamans instead of just 4?

decisions decisions!
    just wondering what others suggest as i dont have a group of pallys or warriors. Or if 10 mages is better than 5 lol

Blog Entries

I like...

Death Knights with a Healer.
    Feral Druids.
    Elemental Shamans.
    Discipline Priests.
    Demonology Warlocks.
    Holy Paladins (Holy Shock w/ Exorcism).

Quite a few of my teams are mixed.
    4x DK, with 1x Holy Paladin.
    4x Elem Shaman, with 1x Resto/Feral Druid.
    4x Demo Warlocks, with 1x Disc Priest.
    1x Disc Priest, 1x Frost Mage, 1x Blood DK, 1x Elem Shaman, 1x Destro Warlock.

I never really got into Hunters, but have 5x Hunters and use them for Alchemy.
    I did not level Druids, Paladins or Warlocks with RAF... and wished I had.
    Same goes for Mages, who have not been leveled either.

Leveling as many combos as you can stand is a good idea.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

With 10 accounts?
    Pvp wise you will just about one shot people, so I like the idea gettng good/easy aoe........8 dk/2 healers, hell even 9 dk/healer. For a caster group an abundance of shaman chain lightning everything that moves would be killer.

Pve. I would read up on a good 10 man raid group that others are running now. Level them up and then you could lvl up a 2nd group composed of your own ideas.

What exactly do you want to do with 10 mages? You could easily do raid finder once geared up, but that's about it.

Anyway, good luck and just like others have said, abuse the hell out of RAF now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I would recommend leveling as many teams as you can stand.
    Most likely via boosting, once you have a capable booster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Leveling as many combos as you can stand is a good idea.
    Exactly this. I can't count how many people level up 1 or 2 teams with their 90 days of RaF only to
    return here with frustration because they now want a new team but didn't level it at the start and
    suddenly realize that leveling without RaF can really suck.

Once you level with the 300% increased bonus you become spoiled and may never be able to level
    new teams without it. Some people can handle leveling a team of multiple characters without RaF
    and others would rather punch their mother in the face than endure the pain of regular leveling.

You've been warned...
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

That said, Murphy's law indicates that the one combo you do not level (no matter how many teams you do level) will end up being the one OP the next season :-)
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    That said, Murphy's law indicates that the one combo you do not level (no matter how many teams you do level) will end up being the one OP the next season :-)
    Thanks for all the input guys. Got the 5 mages to lvl 50 in 3 days, the RaF has spoiled me so bad hahaha. I havnt decided what im gonna go with yet but im interested in prolly the shamans, so i can have 9 enhance or ele shamans and just blow stuff up. Running 4 now with a prot pally or frost dk is already amazing i cant even imagine how awesome it will be with 9 / healer or Dk for dgrip or even maybe 2 dks. Only think im lookin at 10 mages is for one shotting everything as arcane. would be pretty awesome.

Has any one done rogues or warriors? those seem like they may be fun

Since I haven't figured out what I wanna play, I just level all classes on each of my 5 accounts to level 80 with RAF. Figured I'd do that first and then mix and match them into groups to level 80-85.
    With RAF xp bonus + 4 heirlooms (=35% bonus) and using a booster, I can go 1-80 in 3 days (RL, not played).
    I highly recommend you just level stuff until you wanna poke your eyes out, and then level another team

Blog Entries

Having a lot of groups at maximum level is good.
    80th is close enough to 85th, for this purpose.

Let's say you end up with 2-3 teams that are fun at maximum level.
    You've also got six other teams close to maximum level.
    You can do dailies on your 2-3 teams, and eventually get alchemy on 40 or so toons.

Then, for a 2-3 week period (until it gets really boring), you can do whatever transmute works best.
    And make a lot of gold, which opens other doors.
    When my Druids decided to go Resto, instead of Feral, for an honor grind... I just bought the best enchants, glyphs and gems for their gear without a thought to its gold price.
    When my Pally/DK's wanted the Conquest Plate set (the level 68 greens, not the PvP sets), I bought pieces on the AH and ended up offering 1K per piece for the elusive final pieces...
    I had the freedom to do this, because of a surplus of gold... which was the result of daily transmutes for 2 months at the start of Cataclysm; I haven't actively pursued gold in a year or so, and still have more than I can spend on anything that is useful to me.

Also, if in MoP <Insert Class> gets some very boxing friendly mechanic, and becomes the class of choice...
    Having them at 80th, means you only need to go to 90th (ten levels)...