Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Dragon Soul, nerf 2 inc

During the scheduled server maintenance on the week of February 28, the “Power of the Aspects” spell will grow more powerful, reducing the health and damage dealt of all enemies in the Dragon Soul raid by 10%. This spell will grow progressively stronger over time to reduce the difficulty and make the encounters more accessible. The spell will affect both normal and Heroic difficulties, but it will not affect the Raid Finder difficulty.

Don’t need the help of the Dragon Aspects? The spell can be disabled by talking to Lord Afrasastrasz at the beginning of Dragon Soul.

We hope you continue to enjoy Dragon Soul, and that these changes encourage you to attempt a higher difficulty, or just keep pushing to down that next boss.

Posting this as it might concern some boxers who are looking to start raiding while boxing. A 10% nerf makes everything much easier compared to how it was 3 weeks ago.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

So, over time their health will go down. Nice mechanic.

OUTLAND EU
    <Autobots Roll Out>

The 5% has been in place for like 3 weeks now. At it's really noticeable. The 10% gonna make even a bigger difference. Hope my team is raid worthy in a week or 3 to get started with DS.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Myself and my guildies are far from pleased about the nerf.
    We have been stuck on 3/8 HM for weeks due to not being able to find a decent 3rd healer and 1 dps.
    This is our hinder not the difficulty of the mechanics which isnt that hard on Heroic Zon and Hag.

The nerf is a shame regardless if it can be toggled off and on. But its happening and thats how it goes once again.

Here we go, casual vs hardcore fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    Myself and my guildies are far from pleased about the nerf.
    We have been stuck on 3/8 HM for weeks due to not being able to find a decent 3rd healer and 1 dps.
    This is our hinder not the difficulty of the mechanics which isnt that hard on Heroic Zon and Hag.

The nerf is a shame regardless if it can be toggled off and on. But its happening and thats how it goes once again.
    You can't really blame blizzard for the fact that your guild can't find a healer and a dps. There have been so many additional gear lockouts by now that most of the guilds are stuck at their limit cq real potential. Most guilds that are 3/8 hc by now will even with best in slot gear not be able to kill warmaster hard, yet alone spine or madness without a nerf. Every guild that was still progressing during the first nerf was probably close to their next kill that they wanted so badly. But that is how it goes. It was like that in icc, in firelands and in ds. The current way of gradually nerfing the hp/damage done is a far better way than adding pew pew to the players like in icc or making one big ass nerf like in firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Here we go, casual vs hardcore fight.
    Casual means casual, not bad. There are plenty of casual guilds that do quite well without dumbing down the content to suit bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    most of the guilds are stuck at their limit cq real potential.
    Seems to me the solution to this should be for players to take the steps necessary to improve (change composition, bench a player that's not carrying their weight, adjust strategy, etc). If you can't kill a boss, you shouldn't be able to kill the boss.

I've seen the difference in attitude post-nerf over many tiers. You spend the rest of the tier grinding gear out of habit and so people don't get bored and stop logging in. Any sense of achievement for a challenging kill or improving as a guild is completely negated.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-28-2012 at 08:45 AM

@ Apatheis:
    What you think or feel may not apply to everyone else. If you lose any sense of achievement that's too bad, it does not mean everyone else feel the same.
    My guild has a lot of good players, but also some that are not so good. We like each other (for the most part) and like to play together. Forcing us to bench people will hurt guild morale a lot more than the killing of a boss will mend. So for us, it's a good way to get a feeling of progress.

If you want a sense of achievement, click off the debuff. Does your sense of achievement is in some way lessened because others take advantage of the debuff? If so you should think about it some more, is it a sense of achievement you're missing or the "running around the server showing people I'm better than them" feeling?
    Last edited by Pazgaz : 02-28-2012 at 12:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Seems to me the solution to this should be for players to take the steps necessary to improve (change composition, bench a player that's not carrying their weight, adjust strategy, etc). If you can't kill a boss, you shouldn't be able to kill the boss.

I've seen the difference in attitude post-nerf over many tiers. You spend the rest of the tier grinding gear out of habit and so people don't get bored and stop logging in. Any sense of achievement for a challenging kill or improving as a guild is completely negated.
    There are a few reasons why I disagree:
    - Certain fights on heroic mode in DS benefit from a very specific setup (i.e. having a dk tank on certain bosses is a huge win over a warrior e.g.), and then there is spine heroic. Sping hc got extra nerfed apart from the zone wide nerf, prior to that only a few 100 guild met the dps requirements to beat this encounter (on 25m hc it was even more nuts), and it basically mean that the more rogues & mages you could stack, the better your odds were. This had nothing to do with skill, it was a stupid fight. We had to bench our legendary boomkin and our gladiator hunter because their class just couldn't deliver the required burst (each 1,5 minute you had an 18s nuke phase that required incredibly dps, this 6x during the fight). Even with full bis gear that wouldn't be possible. A ret paladin could for example only do the required dps every 2nd nuke phase cause of his wings cd, which was not enough for the fight. Point being, if you are unlucky to not have a particular class in your roster, a slight nerf can help you overcome this when you are not a top notch player.
    - I can't imagine how a player can actually get better from farming the same 2-4 bosses for months, while the remaining bosses are still a wall. Giving to less skilled/less experienced players the chance to discover every boss and all different mechanics every tier will result in much better players overall. Looking back at ICC, the fights were people learn the most in terms of raid awareness, how to deal with debuffs and positioning are probably putricide hc & sindragosa hc. Players that - without the nerf - would never see those bosses, would 've missed out on plenty of the mechanics and would lack experience for the next expansion. In fact I know quite a few players who were in a bad guild in ICC and who started mid WotLK with the game, but who did great in T11, just because they had experienced from ICC thanks to the nerf. Without a nerf, it would 've taken them at least till firelands before they would 've the same experience (not to mention a huge drop out from farming same few bosses for months).

About it not being an achievement to kill it after a nerf: guilds who are no match whatsoever for e.g. Warmaster HC (as in totally getting raped by him) are not going to kill this boss out of the blue thanks to a 5% nerf. What might happen is that they will get further in the fight, and actually have a chance at learning it rather than getting wiping at 80% all the time.

Blog Entries

I agree, we're 4 months into the patch, NOTHING you might do is impressive, let lesser mortals get their jollies.