Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    What is the difference when someone says I'll pay you $x for some Starcraft 2v2 games and someone who says I'll pay you $x for some Arena carries.
    The Current ToS in Starcraft does not state that paying for or being paid for playing/teaching is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by traedoril View Post
    The Current ToS in Starcraft does not state that paying for or being paid for playing/teaching is against the rules.
    I don't believe there is anything in the WoW EULA/ToS against it either.

The biggest misunderstanding I keep seeing is the real money for virtual goods. It doesn't appear to be very clear to a lot of people crying foul against these bans.

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    This is directly from http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

This is not in the ToS for Starcraft to YET.

Quote Originally Posted by traedoril View Post
    Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    This is directly from http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

This is not in the ToS for Starcraft to YET.
    To be honest, that was probably implemented because of WoW:TCG item codes and just happens to
    cover the arena problem as well.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology