Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 33

Default SWTOR Character Configuration Tool

Guys,
    I got sick of setting my variable keystroke keys be hand every time I wanted to run a different party, which for me is a lot.
    I was not happy with any solution so I wrote my own.

The tool basically just opens a given ISBoxer profile, allows a Character Set to be selected, and then configures the Variable Keystrokes for each Slot of the Character Set based on the Position in the Game Party Frame. By the magic of C# and xml it updates the ISBoxer profile xml.
    One of the downsides is that you have to reload the xml back into ISBoxer and export. So its not real seamless.

Also the design kind of sucks, but then I did write it in a couple of hours.

The source code is available to download as well.

You can find a very long winded and wordy description here along with download links.
    Sorry its not more professional written, but hey I write code not docs about the code.
    http://www.fivemasted.com/Summary.html

Thank you for posting this; I will be moving up to (4) accounts later this week and will be utilizing many of the concepts, ideas, and proceedures that have been posted over the past couple of months, including this one.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get it to work. In ISBoxer I go File > Save As and save my XML file. Then, in the tool, I go File > Load and select the XML file. However, in the Character Set drop box, there's no set to select.

Apatheist, those steps would be correct. Sounds like there is a problem with the application.
    I can look into it if you want to paste your profile. I think everyone uses pastebin? I can run thru the debugger and find out whats wrong.

It's probably something I've done wrong, I'm bad at this technical stuff :P

Cheers
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-25-2012 at 11:47 PM

I see what the problem is. The Variable Keystrokes (PartyMemberOneSelect, PartyMemberTwoSelect, PartyMemberThreeSelect, PartyMemberFourSelect, and SelfSelect) were not found.
    I hate having to use those, but because I don't know how ISBoxer generates its Code for keys, I use those to get the code.

I guess I could just use the Target Slot 1 thru Target Slot 4 Keystrokes. With the PartyMember#Select keystrokes though, they are not used for anything else so better bet they won't mess anything else up.
    I am also adding a console to the application to better track state and errors and things like that.

For now though just add the PartyMemberOneSelect - PartyMemberFourSelect, and SelfSelect. They should be set to what you have set in SWTOR.

I see I didn't really ever test with a team that has less than 4 characters in it. Apparently that causes badness.
    I am fixing that now.

Well, 4boxing really isn't a problem in Warzones since if you join as a full group, your hotkeys/character slots won't change.

The reason I wanted to try this was because when I PvP, I drop one character out and play with 3 + a healer from my guild. I wanted something that would let me quickly adjust my group while the Warzone is starting.

I'm not really sure how PartyMemberOneSelect are set up? I just make 5 new variable keystrokes with those names, but what do I put in the default combination?

*Edit - I see what you meant now. I added the standard in-game targeting hotkeys (the same as Target Slot 1, etc) and the XML is showing up in Character Set now. I should have tried that before, but I assumed there'd be a different setting, since it didn't seem to make sense to have a second variable keystroke with the same function :P

. . . So, if I understand correctly, when I add a 4th player to my group, I go into the tool and in "SWTOR Position", change the number to reflect which slot each character is in according to the game client?
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-25-2012 at 02:10 PM

Yeah I made this so I could fairly quickly drop/add new party members that are not necessarily mine.
    The PartMemberOneSelect key would be set to what you your keybind is in game for Target Party 1, defaults to F2 I believe.
    the SelfTarget would be set to what your Target Self key in game is set to, defaults to F1.

Your Target Slot 1 thru Target Slot 4 keys should end up being the same which is why I might just change the app to use those instead as most everyone has those already.
    I am about to put a new version that fixed the error having to do with a party less then 4. Actually the issue wasn't party size, it not having all the variable keystrokes in the slots setup.

New version has been uploaded.
    There is a new option to Use Party Targeting. If you don't care about being able to Target Party Members leave it unchecked and it will not be used.
    Using the Target Party Members requires the Target Party 1 thru Target Party 4 variable keystrokes to be included. These map directly to what is in game, and though act very similiar to the Target Slot keys, they get set differently. Where target Slot keys are set based on Slots in ISBoxer these Target Party keys stay mapped to actual Party location. The are needed because of the way SWTOR deals with selecting the slot your in.

I will probably be creating a new version, that uses a cleaner UI for selecting Party Locations. In that version I think I will removed the need for the PartySelect keys and instead just use the Target Slot keys.
    Last edited by Norrin : 02-25-2012 at 02:24 PM