Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Multiboxing as a parent?

I've had to quit multi-boxing and (and most online games) since becoming a parent almost 2 1/2 years ago. Are there any other parents out there that find time to play while having a family and a full time job? I'd like to start up again, but I have no time. I've just been playing Skyrim 'cause I can quicksave and pause forever.

I've got 2 boys, ages 2 and 3. 5-boxing PVE instances I can walk away for extended periods of time to take care of the kids.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Seconded. I love that when I 5-box I can walk away whenever and pick up where I left off When you 2, 3, or 4 box you won't even have any time to fix macros or key maps without being cussed at.
    Jenzali - Troll Druid (Level 85) - Emerald Dream
    Soon to be joined by 4 other Druid buddies!

43 y/o father of 3. My free time is when the wife and kids are in bed so usually from 10pm - MN.

Time is an issue but you can still get stuff done every day. I think they key is having an agreement with the wifey and sticking to it (although she takes precedence if it comes down to altering the agreement!).
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

37yo, 2 kids (3.5 and 1.5) stopped boxing or even playing when the second arrived as I was too tired to do anything and the time felt right with regards to WoW (was getting bored)
    now i box from time to time on trial accounts because I can't be asked to resub
    .[I

Blog Entries

Juds has four little gnomettes to look after... does that count?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Juds has four little gnomettes to look after... does that count?
    Definitely, in the virtual world
    .[I

thats why i love flying mounts.... mount up and afk

27 y/o father of 1 (10.5 m/o). Took up multiboxing specifically because I'm an altaholic, but having a baby in the house means that my opportunities for uninterrupted playtime are about 15 minutes in length. Without boxing, I'd probably have had to quit playing altogether.

Gaming has always been something of a raw spot between me and my wife (a non-gamer), specifically games like WoW (single-boxed) and BF/CoD where you can't just pause and step away easily. With boxing, I'm able to turn WoW into a more social version of The Elder Scrolls. When the baby's in bed or my wife is out of town with the baby, I'm able to get my extended playtimes (BG's, etc.), but any other time I can easily just stop what I'm doing and step away without inconveniencing anyone. It's become something of a happy middle ground for everyone.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

37 yr old. Married 17 years. (4) children. 17, 14, 12, and 8 months.

I stopped solo play with MMOs for this very reason. I can not commit the 4-6 hrs needed to let some dipshit wipe a raid cause hes bored, or thinks its funny. I need to pull up and walk away from the pc at any moments notice.

Feedings, scoldings, homework help, requests to play outside, household chores, help my wife, honey-do stuffs, etc etc... yanno Responsible Life.

I was about to quit completely, when I found boxing. This community saved my "down time".