Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: OT: WoW IronMan

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    There's always someone that'll find a way to cheat this system unless the coding for the achievements is done right to prevent this.
    Sad but true.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It says 'no groups' or assistance from any characters not in your group.

It'd be fairly simple to roll 5 hunters, set the slaves on a delay for their abilities and then just run around farming trash.

There'd be no way to tell other than low KBs, but you could work that out as well if you timed things correctly.

Or roll a hunter and 4 warriors and have them on 'shoot', so they all have to be instructed to 'shoot' again on a mob

I'm still of the opinion that 'IRONMAN' is just a waste of time for people who are bored with the game and are too poor to multibox :P For all the slack and abuse we get on youtube, reddit and WoW forums, solo players attempting this challenge as an attempt to 'make the game fun' or 'for a challenge' are the real losers with no life and too much money :P

Quote Originally Posted by UniBoxer View Post
    It says 'no groups' or assistance from any characters not in your group.

It'd be fairly simple to roll 5 hunters, set the slaves on a delay for their abilities and then just run around farming trash.
    I've seen many failed (denoted by the red X by the name) attempts from this. They check your number of kills, and your number of killing blows. Both are listed in statistics and should be fairly close together. When in a group of 5, whether grouped or 5 solos together, you'll only be getting 1/5th of the killing blows.

My killing blows and kills do not match, but close enough not to have failed. Because its easy to die I stay close to town so I can run back and have the guards kill the mobs if I get overwhelmed. That gives the guards the killing blow.

They also expect a certain number of kills per level, to catch people using RAF or heirlooms.

I'm still of the opinion that 'IRONMAN' is just a waste of time for people who are bored with the game and are too poor to multibox :P For all the slack and abuse we get on youtube, reddit and WoW forums, solo players attempting this challenge as an attempt to 'make the game fun' or 'for a challenge' are the real losers with no life and too much money :P
    You seem to be insulting the ironman challengers the same way regular players insult multiboxers.

I wonder how many will fail because of the Fel Reavers or the Shattrath Elevators.. now that would piss me off
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    I wonder how many will fail because of the Fel Reavers or the Shattrath Elevators.. now that would piss me off
    I predict that there will be holes created in walls that will need to patched up.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post

You seem to be insulting the ironman challengers the same way regular players insult multiboxers.
    Sorry if that came across as hipocritical.

In my opinion, the ultimate form of playing WoW is by multiboxing. It takes advantage of everything on offer and works to achieve perfection by fine tuning of classes and timing of abilities.

The 'ironman' challenge does precisely the opposite. It seeks to provide a challenge by taking away everything that is on offer in the game. Removing dungeons, BGs, groups, gearing incentives etc.

I don't see how you could group the two as similar modes of providing a new challenge to an old game. They are as far apart as is possible.

I stand by my statement about 'Ironman challengers'. It seems in the attempt to preserve the one 'in-life' game, they throw away the 'outside' one :P

I'd also like to see the 'Ironman' challenge rules changed so that it cannot be achieved by having a pet. Any class with a pet (lock, hunter, DK, shaman elementals, mage) has a huge advantage in preserving their one life over any other class. They should include 'pet deaths' in the 'death count'

They should include 'pet deaths' in the 'death count'
    Considering how buggy pet aggro and go/stay/recall mechanics are, I can't see how this would work. At all.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Considering how buggy pet aggro and go/stay/recall mechanics are, I can't see how this would work. At all.
    He's got a point tho, hunters and locks for example have a pocket tank they can sacrifice when shit hits the fan.

*That said*, rogues will be able to vanish in most cases, mages invis, and others might be able to heal through.
    And the rest will have to manage with the abilities of their class.

I guess the big question if you decide to take this challenge it to know which class you feel confortable to work with.
    I would definitely consider hunters as they are very strong in PVE survival (pet + FD) but no heals.
    Stealth is a big one as well, so maybe a Night Elf (sigh..)

All things said, i would probably go Druid. Tank form / stealth / Lots-a-Hots / instant flight form / dash / ..

Plates classes are a bit moot because with no gear they lack where they should be the strongest
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    He's got a point tho, hunters and locks for example have a pocket tank they can sacrifice when shit hits the fan.

*That said*, rogues will be able to vanish in most cases, mages invis, and others might be able to heal through.
    And the rest will have to manage with the abilities of their class.

All things said, i would probably go Druid. Tank form / stealth / Lots-a-Hots / instant flight form / dash / ..

Plates classes are a bit moot because with no gear they lack where they should be the strongest
    Exactly.Hunters and locks do have that pocket tank. Lets not forget that the main advantage to wearing anything above white/grey gear is to boost your stats to increase either your survivability (plate classes/tanks), dps (clothies / casters) or both (leather/mail).

The white/grey gear on a hunter won't really affect anything but their damage output as their pet will be the thing being beaten on, not them.

Another advantage hunters have is that if they make a mistake and pull too many mobs or agro something, their pet can take a death for them while they have the chance to escape.

I acknowledge the bugginess with pet mechanics, hence why I suggested disqualifying their classes completely from the contest as it can't be measured accurately.

For proof of just how OP pet classes will be in this kind of contest, check out the leaderboards.

http://www.wowironman.com/

Of the top 21 that haven't been disqualified, only two of them are non-pet classes (Warrior/Rogue)

Maybe there should be two separate awards : Ironman and Ironpet ?

Exactly.Hunters and locks do have that pocket tank. Lets not forget that the main advantage to wearing anything above white/grey gear is to boost your stats to increase either your survivability (plate classes/tanks), dps (clothies / casters) or both (leather/mail).

The white/grey gear on a hunter won't really affect anything but their damage output as their pet will be the thing being beaten on, not them.

Another advantage hunters have is that if they make a mistake and pull too many mobs or agro something, their pet can take a death for them while they have the chance to escape.

I acknowledge the bugginess with pet mechanics, hence why I suggested disqualifying their classes completely from the contest as it can't be measured accurately.

For proof of just how OP pet classes will be in this kind of contest, check out the leaderboards.

http://www.wowironman.com/

Of the top 21 that haven't been disqualified, only two of them are non-pet classes (Warrior/Rogue)

Maybe there should be two separate awards : Ironman and Ironpet ?
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but these folks have decided to play WoW using a different ruleset that they have agreed upon. Is it pointless? Absolutely. But so is WoW in general.

If you want to criticize their rules, why don't you just go over to their thread and flame away? I'm just not sure why you felt so STRONGLY about this particular issue that you had to create a new account to post on this thread on a board where there are perhaps 2-3 people actually trying to do this challenge.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a deep breath and just let them have their fun.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)