Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: OT: WoW IronMan

You can cheat by wearing greens, but then swapping them out for greys/whites before you log out (thats when the armory is updated). I think technically you can wear up to blues without updating any statistics that matter, you cant ever equip an epic, for example, but anything else is fine.

Can't you be boosted as well? (haven't read all the rules)
    I mean many of us have reached 60/70+ in starter gear with no death
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    You can cheat by wearing greens, but then swapping them out for greys/whites before you log out (thats when the armory is updated). I think technically you can wear up to blues without updating any statistics that matter, you cant ever equip an epic, for example, but anything else is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zub View Post
    Can't you be boosted as well? (haven't read all the rules)
    I mean many of us have reached 60/70+ in starter gear with no death
    Exactly. There's always someone that'll find a way to cheat this system unless the coding for the achievements is done right to prevent this. There was a "Hell Mode" challenge much like this in the past, but from what I remember, the only challenge was that you couldn't die before reaching the top level in the game, 80 was the cap back then. Sure, I could do this challenge myself, but it would take forever compared to my current style now, but easily doable. All you'd have to do is grind the hell out of world mobs, being very careful not to take on more than what you can handle. Hardest part would be doing this on a PvP server, that right there would really be the challenge as gankers would be on the rise to make this task seemingly impossible.

FYI the stat tracker also tracks the number of kills and killing blows, so if someone were to research your character, it would be fairly obvious if you were boosted, given that you would have an insane number of kills and a very low number of killing blows.
    World of Warcraft - Bronzebeard (Horde)
    Primary team - 4 Blood DK, Disc Priest (110, ilvl 880-ish)

Quote Originally Posted by Gomotron View Post
    FYI the stat tracker also tracks the number of kills and killing blows, so if someone were to research your character, it would be fairly obvious if you were boosted, given that you would have an insane number of kills and a very low number of killing blows.
    fair enough, but you could be healing instances for example.
    Then again, it's just a question of setting the rules correctly at the start.
    .[I

You just need to reach a point where you can start doing dailies.
    You could then level all the way without risk (will take ages though).

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    AND lvl > 10
    FTFY. Things don't even start to get hairy until you're out of the starting zones, with all the mobs being yellow and they are tuned to be easily killed by players in all white or grey gear anyways.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

I suggest using a melee or hunter if doing this challenge. Without the use of stat increasing gear, casters aren't going to have enough mana to be able to kill much.

I am leveling a druid for the challenge. At level 16 I don't have enough mana to kill one mob, have to switch to kitty.

The rules specifically stat you cannot do instances.

You arent allowed to do instances, it's in the rules. Not allowed to be boosted either.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer