Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 32
    Blog Entries

Default Curious on Magtheridon

I'm seriously contemplating moving a team (Paladin & 4x Death Knights) to Magtheridon.
    Out of the US servers, I've encountered a lot more boxers from this realm who are active during my playtime that from anywhere else.
    And I would really like to play with other boxers, and especially do BG premades.

The first step will be a faction change.
    And the next would the server change.
    So it won't be instant, but is likely coming.

I have a few questions:

PvP Queues
    What is the average wait time for the Bonus Honor weekend BG?
    What is the average wait time for a Random BG (Weekend and Weekdays)?
    What is the average wait time for AV or IoC, when it's not the bonus honor battleground?
    How active is the battlegroup for arena 5's?

The Horde Population
    Roughly what is the ratio of alliance to horde, is it close or lopsided either way?
    How good is the economy/auction house?
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I'm I'm sorta kinda in limbo moving so I can't play right now. Due to work I haven't played for a while but starting next month I should be active again. What races are you going to going to move your toons into? It would be super awesome to see you in our server though. I don't want to lie to you. I don't remember the answers to your questions.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    On bad days 6 minutes but for AV and IOTS its instant alot of times.

< 1 minute
    What is the average wait time for AV or IoC, when it's not the bonus honor battleground?
    Never done this so I cannot comment

Not really the greatest. at peak times you can get a 2200 que in about 8 mins.
    Roughly what is the ratio of alliance to horde, is it close or lopsided either way?
    3/2 horde
    I don't think I understand your question here.
    Last edited by traedoril : 02-18-2012 at 04:24 PM

How good is the economy/auction house? I don't think I understand your question here.
    Are items rare and or expensive in our servers economy? Like is it impossible to find certain potions or gems.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I have a few questions:

PvP Queues
    I thought you had a team Horde-side Cenarius? Queue times for random battlegrounds
    per faction are the same across the North American region. Either way, they're pretty
    instant regardless of which faction you play.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Probably easiest to just create a level 1 character and walk to the AH. Reason being
    is that you're asking from a Cenarius point-of-view (where you're most used to) on
    whether Magtheridon is better or worse and no one can answer that better than
    yourself.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

I've got level 22's, that did a little level 19 pvp a year and a half ago.
    And a group of 55 or 58's, somewhere in there... that wanted to pvp in the 70-74 bracket... but I got distracted by Ferals and then Pally/DK's...

Guess I'm more curious of horde queues at 85th.

Random BG, pops in 2-3 minutes usually on weekdays.
    AV is usually 4-6 minutes, but can be 10-12 sometimes.
    The bonus honor weekend BG, is usually 1-2 minutes or so.
    Other BG's besides the bonus honor, are about half the time on weekends, as opposed to weekdays.

I rocked in WSG, in the randoms I got, in the previous three or four weeks (going 100% wins).
    But haven't won a single game, on WSG weekend.
    So ran arena, with a 0 rated team (now 180 rating!).
    It took 27 games/attempts, to get conquest capped this week.
    The queues were about 3-4 minutes on a Thu evening and Fri afternoon.

Lately, it's basically impossible to get anyone to do For the Alliance.
    Have been asking in trade, between BG's for four or five weeks.
    Tops was three players besides myself in a raid.

The Cenarius Alliance AH is pretty robust.
    Most items are are available, lots of every enchant as scrolls, lots of cut gems of every type.
    I could list 500 Volatile Air daily, and have it all used up every day.
    Any class can get their PvP starter set, on almost any given day; sometimes the price isn't good, but the availability is there.
    An AH scan with Auctioneer takes over 20 minutes; although Auctionator does the scan in 3 seconds or so.

*Edit*
    Orcgirl has been born, and is running to Org to check it out.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 02-18-2012 at 07:23 PM

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Hey Ualaa! I'm glad to see you are seriously thinking about moving to <The Zerg>. I am a recent transfer from Firetree. I got tired of playing by myself on a dead realm, so I joined Magtheridon. Everyone in this guild are great bunch of characters. Very unique, friendly, and dedicated bunch. I do not regret paying for the transfer one bit. If you have any hesitation, I'd gladly donate to get you over here. Think of it as a payment for all the great guides, forums posts, and help you given me over the years

It was fun playing against you the other night in AV. I was doing premades with Rath Strat AV (a cross-realm premade group) and I was watching your LiveStream between queues. Random chance that we got into the same AV as you. I didn't realize it at first until I saw myself on your live stream! I nearly shat my pants. LOL. We typically have 2 10-boxers, 3-5 5-boxers, and a few singles on each night. That is about 50-60 toons.

To answer your questions

I'd say 1-3 minutes. I rarely get frustrated with queue times. It is about the same as my old realm.

About the same. During the weekends, the Call of Arms is almost instant. If you do premades with AV enabler, it can take a bit longer to get everyone in the same group.

1-6 minutes around 9 PM - 12 AM MST.
    I do 3s and 5s with my DKs. For 3s, it is about a 3-5 minute wait. On Tuesday/Wednesday, it is very quick. For 5s, the queues are a bit longer.

According to various sites, Magtheridon is a medium population server with 11k toons. Horde / Alliance ratio is 1:0.80.
    Compared to Cenarius it is a much more even split between Alliance / Horde and makes PvP more interesting.
    Economy is decent. I've made about 40k selling celestial essences and volatile air in the last month with barely any effort.
    For better information, I would use TUMJ and compare the prices and volume of all the popular goods between realms.

Most of your questions have been answered but I want to add some other details.

One is we rock at doing FTHs and Alliance AH denial attacks into SW. We have shut down their AH for 70 minutes+ in primetime hours and for 7 hours from 3 AM to 10 AM on weekends. So world PVP is popping on Magtheridon for faction-faction fighting. On the reverse... yeah good luck alliance guys visiting Ogrimmar. I can't recall them getting one done since I came over as there is a large population of The Zerg on late at nights.

The Zerg is dominating most AV and IOC matches when we get in as a semi-guild pure event. You have seen all the QQ threads. We do get flamed for putting some PVP back into the BGs where the alliance wants their PVE bosses to roll over and die easily.

Finally, we are social. We do old raids for mounts, achievements, transmog... in the last two weeks I know TK Mount Hyjal etc have been done. So depending on what you want to do there is probably an option of finding peeps to do it with. We could use a 5 x feral or 5 x resto druid in our IOCs to cap points or what not and heal in bosses room. We are generally in vent with decent language. I even have my daughter in playing and I need to get her a 2nd account because she wants to box too... luckily I have a 85 priest she can use with her bear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    What races are you going to going to move your toons into?
    I would ideally like to have the same race, across the entire team.
    To increase the chances of the healer blending into the DK mass.

For some reason I thought the options for that were Blood Elf and Orc (with a Pally healer), but it looks like I'll go Blood Elf over Tauren.
    All of my characters are always female, so the cute factor is a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltanker View Post
    One is we rock at doing FTHs and Alliance AH denial attacks into SW.

The Zerg is dominating most AV and IOC matches when we get in as a semi-guild pure event.

Finally, we are social. We do old raids for mounts, achievements, transmog...
    There used to be a lot of [For the Alliance] on Cenarius, but in the last two months I've not been able to find or garner the interest in doing one despite actively looking.
    The Auction House raids sound like fun; there used to be a fair bit of that from both factions...

The social aspect is a huge bonus, as is playing with other boxers.
    From early WotLK through all of Cataclysm, my focus has been PvP... but I am not adverse to PvE, just not as into it as I was.

I prefer Blood Elfs as well, nothing beats the arcane torrent racial in smashing casters.

Though, if you are going for cuteness factor and want to keep the same names you have now, purple hair female goblins would work