Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default MoP talent updated

they have updated MoP talent cal. and some the spells
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...-calculator#V!

post on mmo champ about them
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

kinda like they way ret pallys are looking, might be able to run 4 rets again and be able to heal.. will just have to see how the damage is.

Check out the lvl 87 spell for shammies.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

15 sec where Lava Burst have no cooldown? Yes please!!

So unimpressed with some of the classes at various tiers. Some classes have just nothing really worth while in their talents at all.

Some classes, like warlock, have candy all over the place ... making me wish i could have two or three of the talents. psychic scream changes taking the whole tier1 of the priest, that so fucking stupid. Opposite land from talents -> baseline.

I think the Talent system was a good idea at first, but as time goes on, new expansions come out, people level up again and new abilities/talents have to be created for advancement/reward. It just gets much more difficult to balance. The idea was to create diversity within the same class. So 3 people can play a "mage" but be unique. But what really happens is they created a ton of classes, so instead of balancing 10 classes, with 3 talent trees each, they are balancing 30 classes ( give or take..this is an example) It will never be perfect.

I like the direction they are going with the new talent system. Its a good solution to the balance problem they have. Also, if you read the blue posts on this topic, they seem like they are very interested in what the community thinks about it. So when beta starts, I'm sure there will be many versions. I look forward to see how it turns out!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

There is meant to be a want to take every single one in a tier (to try and combat "cookie cutter" specs), so you choose one for the current situation you are in or will be in. They are making it much easier to switch your specs, all for the situation.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Blog Entries

I like that they give you three options at each tier.
    And in general they're fairly similar... so they can say any Druid will be faster than other characters at Talent Tier 1 (Level 15).
    Which lets them balance around all Druids having either a short duration boost or a steady/constant smaller boost.

It should be a lot easier to balance over time.
    Which moves them back towards balancing 10 classes, instead of 30.

My Ferals are rather excited for:
    - Nature's Swiftness, usable in any form.
    - and for regaining their Power Shifting, at 90th.

Their survivability should really take off.
    The ability to run away from anything, via spamming Shift_Into_Kitty...

And having 5x instant-cast big heal and/or 100% (glyphed) battle rez, on round-robin every 3 minutes.
    Over and above the equivalent of Predatory Strikes (which will be a base ability), which will provide 5x instant-casts (but force a form shift) roughly every 10 seconds...

Some of the talents aren't clearly superior to others.
    But every class has some that seem to be much better than the other options, at least boxed and playing a given spec.

Hopefully a lot of the talents make it live.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa