Close
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Making money

Cool I can try that method. Seems that my dk team is not so good at boxing dungeons. Or maybe that is just me

I will finish leveling my shammy team and see if they are better at pve

Quote Originally Posted by Xraptorx View Post
    Cool I can try that method. Seems that my dk team is not so good at boxing dungeons. Or maybe that is just me

I will finish leveling my shammy team and see if they are better at pve
    I don't think you will be able to run dungeons with an all-dk or all-shaman team. Not really possible to run current level dungeons without a tank and a healer. Once you have your all-shaman team at 85 just swap one out as a healer in your dk team.

You can actually have 2 teams:
    1 dk tank, 1 shaman healer and 3 shaman dps.
    1 dk tank, 1 shaman healer and 3 dk dps.

What makes a more survivable tank in heroic dungeons (pally or dk)? I have pally healer for my 4x dk team. Was gonna use pally as tank on my 4x shammy team. One shammy can be resto for healing

What makes a more survivable tank in heroic dungeons (pally or dk)? I have pally healer for my 4x dk team. Was gonna use pally as tank on my 4x shammy team. One shammy can be resto for healing
    Depends on the fight with tanks. Some are better than others really. Think about Pally tanks, if you can't block/dodge/parry attacks, you pretty much go oom fast and might have trouble with holding threat if you can't use your abilities. That part just might be me tho, but on some bosses, especially ones where bosses are magic heavy on attacks, I've had trouble with mana management on my Pally. It's not till these times that my mana pool even dips lower than 50%. I keep Cons on the ground and pop Holy Wrath each chance I can with my tanking macro and never go OOM till these fights in the HoT randoms.

DKs however gain Runic Power when using their abilities, now most don't even miss, so there's no problem there. On top of that, keeping diseases up on the bosses/mobs can maintain your threat level.

To make the most out of your dk tank you'll really need to micro manage. Pali tanks can more easily use macros, just one button tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    To make the most out of your dk tank you'll really need to micro manage. Pali tanks can more easily use macros, just one button tanking.
    This is true. I'd suggest goin Blood Boil specced Desease tanking. It holds threat alot better than Heart Strike tanking imo, you can hold larger mobs better, diseases will maintain threat during long cooldowns on runes, and I've always had good luck with Blood Boil proccing and costing me almost no runes with Crimson Scourge from the talent tree, even on single targets and boss fights. I trust this more than the cleave from HS. Below is my macro I use for him:

Button 1
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=combat plague strike, icy touch, pestilence, blood boil, death strike, blood boil, Blood boil, Blood Boil, blood boil, death strike, blood boil, Blood boil, Blood Boil
    /click BT4Button2

Button 2 (BT4Button2)
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=10 Horn of Winter, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike,Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike,Rune Strike, Rune Strike, Rune Strike
    /cast Blood Tap
    /cast Vamperic Blood

I also spam that second macro manually when button 1 is stuck on cool down and can't click through while I've got Runic Power pooled up to dump.