Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Making money

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    A lot of the more veteran boxers speak about their army of alchemists. I guess it's good for money making, but how the hell did you level their alchemy? Doesn't that take a lot of money?
    At the point I decided to go Alchemy...
    I had three sets of five toons at 80th level (and 80th was the cap).

I ran Daily Quests with three teams, for a week or so.
    And used the proceeds to purchase Herbs on the auction house.
    And basically power leveled my Alchemy.

I ended up parking some Herbalist toons in various places, as the AH was short on some herbs.
    I had a Druid off the coast of Westfall, for harvesting Stranglekelp underwater.
    I had a Hunter in The Hinterlands, for Sungrass.
    And I believe a toon in Western/Eastern Plaguelands, for any of the higher herbs.

After a week of dailies on three toons, that was getting exceedingly boring.
    So I scaled back to two teams.
    And did Alchemy transmutes, with each toon that had a high enough skill to do whatever the money maker was (I think epic gems).
    Eventually, transmutes were more gold per day than dailies... at which point I ditched the dailies and leveled the remaining alchemists entirely on transmute profits.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by lans83 View Post
    I've got 10 toons on one server, playing with only one account right now, and I have barely over 30k across all 10 toons right now. Relying on the AH for herbs is not always a good idea to do. I tried this at first for my Alchemist and on Earthen Ring-US, it sucked. I was left with having to level up my own Herbalist to get some of the more common plants, cause since the LFD tool, hardly anyone ventures out to farm these old world ones. If you're left doing this, Stranglekelp is alot easier to farm from Thousand Needles now if you finish out the questline to get the scuba gear and underwater walking. Unless you use a druid of coarse. But the boat mount from that same quest line is fun to play with too.
    Sounds like you need to find someone who supplies Profession Leveling Kits. That's just an
    example but, many people do this on a plethora of realms in all regions. What you can find
    on your AH is completely dependent on how active and progressed your realm actually is.
    Obviously, higher populated realms have a healthier economy.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

A lot of the more veteran boxers speak about their army of alchemists. I guess it's good for money making, but how the hell did you level their alchemy? Doesn't that take a lot of money?
    That's why I always level up herbalism and store the herbs. If I plan on having an alchemist, I have all the mats I need. If I don't, I can make a good bit of money selling the herbs.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I don't really quest, so gathering the herbs myself is not an option.
    I wonder if there's a kit vendor on Silvermoon-EU...
    Last edited by Pazgaz : 02-28-2012 at 11:47 AM

I don't really quest, do gathering the herbs myself is not an option.
    I wonder if there's a kit vendor on Silvermoon-EU...
    I've found the easiest thing to do is to run dungeons for cloth and green drops. DE the greens and sell the enchanting mats and the cloth items on the AH. I've made over 1000g already on my Magtheridon team (level 45) by playing the AH a bit and just selling all the cloth that I got (SM has insane cloth drop rates and mageweave sells for about 20g a stack).
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

There's no way I'll be able to do it on my server (Silvermoon-EU) without herbing myself it seems.
    Prices for "old" herbs are retarded + there are not even close to enough of them on the AH. No one responded for my post on my realm forums about purchasing leveling kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Sell mounts from the current event.... 900k in a week so far.
    OMG dude, what mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Palee View Post
    OMG dude, what mounts?
    Um...

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...ou-sold-so-far
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'm down to 400k now after buying gems and a bunch of other things, About to level alch/jc either go back to farming cloth for 5-6k an hour or prospecting a lot.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

On Earthen Ring-US the Maeltrom Crystals are still goin for anywhere between 200-400g each, depending on the day and Heavenly Shards for 125g each. Greater Celestial Essences for around 150g minimum, so if you can gear up a team in all the 378 gear from the HoT randoms, most can be from the quests in there, then you can Disenchant all other gear that you don't need, getting atleast 4 of the crystals on each run plus the essences/shards from greens/blues. All else fails, you can farm JPs along side that and buy up and DE the cheapest JP gear you can get too for more crystals. Relics/Wands/Thrown usually only cost around 700JPs and you can get half that from one random.