Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Making money

The popular transmog sets can sell pretty good, depending on your server. I sold over 2k worth of vanilla greens today. Most selling for several 100 each.

What I normally do is camp the rare spawns in vanilla with my alts. I'm actually trying to farm the overlord plate set, but end up getting tons of other drops that I just throw on the AH. Burning steppes and tanaris both are pretty good. Also, in winter spring, up north there is a spot you can put an alt where 2 diff rare tigers spawn. Just log in your alts a couple times a day and kill the rares.

I was doing this on a low pop server, so there was always lots of rares up when I checked. Sometimes 6 or 7 in one zone. I'm now on a high pop server, so it will be interesting to see the difference.

And of course running old raids and dungeons for transmog gear works too. For me this is the only bad thing about transmog, is that I now feel compelled to loot everything.

Everything is formatted fine for me. Using FireFox.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Everything is formatted fine for me. Using FireFox.
    Last edited by Khatovar; Today at 06:40 AM. Reason: wall of text is bad
    It's fine because I live to serve.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Sorry about that guys, I'm to blame for the WoT :/ I've just got a bad habit of not hitting the Enter button to drop down a paragraph, cause I'm used to messenger programs instantly sending the text when I hit it. I'll try to cut down on that from here on out. Another helpful way to make money I've found, selling the highest iLvl gear for a level bracket you can get your hands on.

ie: lvl 60, 70, 80 gear of the highest BoE you can find or craft. Depending on the server, Twinks are still very much alive and looking for the BiS gear they can get. I like the level 80 gear personally for my own twinks. Just recently took my rogue from 80 to 85 for the new daggers, but for a while, he was my lvl 80 twink for RDF. Once the patch came out for the daggers, I decided to level him up, but the other reason was cause he was pulling so much dps, the level 80-82 tanks I was always running with couldn't hold aggro. Even after the threat adjustments.

Level 80 Priests with XP cut off in 308 gear are freakin awesome tho. Especially the Disc/Holy specced ones. My Disc Priest could spam the hell out of Prayer of Healling and still not go OOM. Only time I'd ever have to stop and drink for mana was after an unexpected wipe, this was mostly due to a tank rushing ahead on a boss without me and or the dps ready. I was even able to keep a pug pally tank alive through a Throne of the Tides pug that was in nothing but cloth/mail healing/dps greens. Don't ask, but tanks that day were too hard to come by and I just wanted to get through that pug and get out. He hardly took any damage at all only cause I kept him bubbled and HoTs on him and the group at all times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    It's fine because I live to serve.
    All the work done by yourself and the other mods is appreciated
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I am keen to try a 5 man via boxing. Which ones are worth it for getting BOE loot or D/E Loot and are easy to box as 5 man DK + Pally?

A lot of the more veteran boxers speak about their army of alchemists. I guess it's good for money making, but how the hell did you level their alchemy? Doesn't that take a lot of money?

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    A lot of the more veteran boxers speak about their army of alchemists. I guess it's good for money making, but how the hell did you level their alchemy? Doesn't that take a lot of money?
    My 5 man team dinged 85 with a combined 20k gold (thanks mainly to quest rewards, as I quested almost exclusively while leveling). With 20k gold you could easily powerlevel 2 or 3 alchemists from level 1 to 485 - the rank you need to do that volatile xmutes, especially if you're on a server with a good auction economy and low herb prices.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

Well, my alt guild has about 20k in its bank + 5 love is in the air mounts. I guess that should get a few up

I've got 10 toons on one server, playing with only one account right now, and I have barely over 30k across all 10 toons right now. Relying on the AH for herbs is not always a good idea to do. I tried this at first for my Alchemist and on Earthen Ring-US, it sucked. I was left with having to level up my own Herbalist to get some of the more common plants, cause since the LFD tool, hardly anyone ventures out to farm these old world ones. If you're left doing this, Stranglekelp is alot easier to farm from Thousand Needles now if you finish out the questline to get the scuba gear and underwater walking. Unless you use a druid of coarse. But the boat mount from that same quest line is fun to play with too.