Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Making money

Bolt of embersilk will cost me 33 not sure chaos orb cost, but powerful enchanted spell thread will sell for 350

Volitile life will cost me 5 and volatile air will sell for 9. So I will make 4g profit per transmute.

It seems slower profit than running heroics if I am geared for it

You can make decent money at lower levels now by selling the Dark Faire items that drop on last bosses of instances. 350+ gold on grimore and weapon, egg and shard are only about 100-250g on my server. They seem to drop pretty regularly aslong as you've visited the fair and gotten the adventurers journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xraptorx View Post
    Bolt of embersilk will cost me 33 not sure chaos orb cost, but powerful enchanted spell thread will sell for 350

Volitile life will cost me 5 and volatile air will sell for 9. So I will make 4g profit per transmute.

If you're a transmute master (you *ARE* a transmute master, right?), your procs are your golden goose. That is 100% pure profit.
    BeerbaronBeerbaronessBeerlordBeerladyBeerprincess
    Katiebird/PinktailsBluetailsRedtailsGreentailsWhitetails
    < Ascended >
    Bonechewer US - Alliance

What I do is to do dailies at FL: The first four quests, 10 minutes max per team if no gankers are active (i am on pvp server). Four teams @ 5 toons. 1.3K and very good way to level the guild itself. My guild is level 7 now and it is really quick. But alchemy transmute is the way to go. My armies is at 17 xmutes, and one of each of the others (potion and exilir/flask). I have another set coming up, I did these to xmute before the change in the training of specialties: train potion, go to botanica or however you spelled it, to get the book, and drop the potion, relearn xmute: cheap way to do it back then.

Or, have a team of tailors, my lock team are all tailors, or one tailor in your team, and do NOT phase out of the questline "Easy Picking". That is after you get out of the red dragon place and your are trying to open up Grim Batol. That place is phased, not completion (edit: competition, not competion) and ganking, if you don't complete it, you are save to kill humanoids twilight. With potion of treasure finding, and tailor extra cloth, you get alot of cloths. My server is 3golds per cloth, after 1hour, I have 30-40 stacks of embersilk cloth bolts worth, plus all the greens and some blues (recipe and items). and if you use the potion of treasure finding, you get golds and ores and volatiles (i average 20-30 tiny chests). And I do this very slowly....other faster fingers or more powerful dps can kill faster, my lock team is two dots: agony and corruption + five pets). Run up and loot....

SaraiE
    Last edited by SaraiE : 02-16-2012 at 03:55 PM

Blog Entries

You're actually converting 15x Life into 15x Air, which is a 4x15 = 60g profit per toon.
    On my server, the difference between the two is more than 4 gold, even at this late stage of the expansion.

Let's assume 60g per toon is correct, for your server.
    That is 300g per team, for 3 minutes of your time.

Sure, you might spend another 10 minutes...
    Five times over the day, in 2 minute increments, listing a portion of your stock.

I don't know how many toons you have at 75+.
    I personally have 37 transmute-spec alchemists.
    If I was on your server, that's 37 x 60 = 2,220g a day...
    The actual transmute time, for that many is about an hour of logging teams on, trading mats, mailing back and forth.
    But its still a passive 2K gold a day...

You can farm if you want, including running heroics.
    Not sure that you'll be making 2K in the first hour of the heroics...
    If you are, then maybe the alchemy isn't that good.
    If you aren't, then the alchemy is great...

And you can still run the heroics...
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

What ore is best for prospecting? Should I then sell raw gems or cut them ( I do not have any super great cuts).

Which epics are worth running through for both money and justice badges. Not sure if my team will be successful with only ilevel gear of 366 or so.
    Finally with only 2 alchemists, I will check prices and profit for the transmutes
    Just run regular dungeons until you are geared enough to run the new twilight heroics. The cata heroics are not worth running.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    In a month their value will only go up about 10k or so... and most people seem to be holding them. At about 14k gold an hour i can't really see not selling them to hit a mill.
    How much are you selling them for?

On my server I see them in trade for 5-7k

I've learned a while back how to control listings on the AH for certain items. I'd buy out anything under a set amount, turn around then relist them for my target amount I want to sell them for and bank the profits. Works best if there's not thousands of said item listed constantly, but maybe a few. Really works out well in my favor for the rare items and mats.

I try to relist what doesn't sell every 48 hrs or so and try to keep an eye on certain items every chance I get, but if I can buy out enough, say elementium ore even 1g cheaper per ore than what I normally sell for, I'll spend the extra gold to buy out that ore/stack and bank that extra 1g/20g. I've even been able to snatch up copper ore/bars for a few copper, then turn around and sell for a few gold each.

I've found that on my server, more and more people are dropping gathering professions and picking up crafting ones to max out their dps for raids. Might be the same on some of yours. It's worth checking out cause alot of the Vanilla/BC ore/herbs are hard to come by now cause most people don't take the time to farm for them, or only farm what they need personally.

Look into running the Vanilla/BC raids too each week. The ones that don't require 20+ people to clear. Or, farm those that can be soloed/MBed up till the last bosses. You can still make alot of gold from trash and old patterns that are not BoP. Alot of the purple patterns from BC go for thousands of gold on my server, tho not sure how often they sell for these listings, as I'm not one that sells them. If I think it's worth the buy, then I'll pay 1k gold at the most for it, depending on what the model looks like.

Think of those that are heavy RPers and into Transmog. Ask around on your server also if any of these same people might have their own ingame shop, or open up your own if you are heavy into gathering crafting patterns, such as Blacksmithing, Tailoring, and Leatherworking gear. I have started this myself, but have not opened up my own shop. There is someone on my server that does it, tho I haven't caught their guildname/storename. I've seen them advertise about a month ago but didn't think then to write down their info, I also haven't been on much since cause my computer crashed on me shortly after.

There are also many Vanilla/BC blue/purple items you can craft, if you have the patterns, mostly rare ones, or have crafted for you for a small fee, that you can then turn around and sell on the AH. Check around and see about these also, AckisRecipe List is an addon I use that's helpful for looking to see what is in game, as well as what used to be that's no longer obtainable ingame, but once learned is still there. Look for the mats for these items, then craft, or have them crafted, and try to resell them for a profit above what you buy the mats for. Or if you're not against farming, you'll make more if you farm, but it's up to you.

Don't discredit Vanilla dungeons for quick cash either. With a well geared 80+ you can plow through them with ease, not even that high really. Consider Enchanting on atleast one toon in each team you make to Disenchant what you don't want to sell on the AH. But be careful with doing this also, I've netted ALOT of gold from selling rare blues/purples from Vanilla and BC zones I've either found while playing, or found on the AH and relisted for more. Even still after all these years, people still don't know how to utilize the AH from the right items. On that list of old raids tho, if you don't clear all the bosses in Kara, you can work on the trash, let them reset, then farm them over and over. That's alot of humanoids in there that drop alot of silver/gold and cloth.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 02-17-2012 at 07:40 AM Reason: wall of text is bad

Blog Entries

Holy wall of text.
    Could you please use some spaces...

Pretty sure there will be some good information in there somewhere
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

not sure why these walls are showing up, and it is on other forums. It must be a browser handling text poorly, as I can't believe people white like this on purpose. Could you tell us your browser? (lans83) this time but not limited to you.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves