Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

If what some anti-boxers are complaining about is actually true he has 50 so he can have 10 alliance characters in the same TB/AV just sitting there afk'ing so it's only 30 against his 40. I certainly hope it's not true, or that if it is he ends up getting banned for non-participation reasons, but if it's not true then well done to him and keep it up and rub their noses in it

Am I the only one who thinks HK farming =/= skill?

I think the guy who is doing 25 man LFR is the same guy who boxed Kara back in BC.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Blog Entries

Skill would be equal gear, no addons or identical addons, on equally powerful systems with the same latency.
    Pretty much only the Blizzard professional tournament thing.

Once you outgear someone else, you have an advantage and need less skill to win.
    If you outnumber the other guys, that's less skill too.

Not saying one cannot be very skillful, despite having advantages.

I've seen videos where someone wipes large groups of opposition, in their Captain or Generals room.
    But they were not subject to many Frost Nova / Ring of Frosts, nor were they hit with Fear several times, nor were their toons Frost Trapped or Polymorphed, etc.
    When I'm subject to those kind of effects, there's no chance of wiping 12 Horde at Belinda; but when they ignore me or only use hit point damage against me, 20 horde are rather easy to kill in the same place.

@Sam:
    I've got close to 30,000 HK's, on my Pally/DK's team.
    When any member kills someone, they all get the HK.

The only thing that wouldn't transfer across to everyone, would be kills or killing blows... assuming that is tracked on the statistics page.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

No Sam, a hard core player would do about 6 AVs in 2-3 HOURS, not 1 day.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Well the “Skill” when you vastly overmatch you opponent isn’t from “farming” HK. The Skill is setting it up so you can get 50 characters into the game at the same time with reasonable enough control that you don’t lose all the time. Also another set of skills where you set up your life so that you have the time and money to play the 50 accounts enough to level up and gear up and win also comes into play.

I just quit EQ1 when I felt I was so powerful no single person or other boxer could possibly defeat me. 24 accounts with 13 wizards lol. There wasn’t any reason to actually go out and kill a bunch of enemies even though I was on a pvp server.

So HK is done by the group? If you are in raid its still by group? Or in AV its still by group? And if you are just healing or even afk you still get the HK if your group lands the killing blow?

Well lost another post, and it froze up my machine so much that even task manager was froze … Lets hope for a VB update soon.

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks HK farming =/= skill?
    No, but I don't have anything productive to say so I figured I would stay out of it seeing
    as this is technically old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    So HK is done by the group? If you are in raid its still by group? Or in AV its still by group? And if you are just healing or even afk you still get the HK if your group lands the killing blow?
    You have to be in range of the kill, that's it... You don't even need to do move or do any
    damage. Go stand at Blacksmith in AB, do nothing, and reap HKs from all surrounding nodes.
    It's been like this since... Wrath?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

If anything else, one can admire the dedication Prepared puts into WoW.

I enjoyed the video, and I do believe there is skill in it. Not necessary the common pvp skill, but survival and tactical skill.
    There is no way he could dedicate toons for towers etc, so a win by reinforcements is to be expected.

I wonder how many "solo" AV losses he got before this win. In any case, props to him for doing it and sharing.

And Sam, no you're not way behind, you're on another planet altogether.
    .[I

I actually got into an AV recently with my 5x arcane mages, Horde side.

I quickly realized that 30+ toons were prepared. The other pugs were complaing everyone was leaving and didn't understand why. Apparently, he was reporting everyone not in his group AFK. I assume so he could get all his toons into AV. I bet he has a mod that automatically reports everyone NOT in his team AFK.

Anyway, a guild member of mine despises Prepared for many reason. He said he would pay me 5k gold if I reported all his toons AFK.

I proceeded to do so, starting with his lead character and 5 seconds later all my toons were booted. I loled.

I took a few screen shots of it and my guildie paid me my 5kg

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    I actually got into an AV recently with my 5x arcane mages, Horde side.

I quickly realized that 30+ toons were prepared. The other pugs were complaing everyone was leaving and didn't understand why. Apparently, he was reporting everyone not in his group AFK. I assume so he could get all his toons into AV. I bet he has a mod that automatically reports everyone NOT in his team AFK.

Anyway, a guild member of mine despises Prepared for many reason. He said he would pay me 5k gold if I reported all his toons AFK.

I proceeded to do so, starting with his lead character and 5 seconds later all my toons were booted. I loled.

I took a few screen shots of it and my guildie paid me my 5kg
    Reporting people afk who are not afk is actually reportable to a GM.

As for booting people, I have found the following to be pretty much true:
    First time you are reported by 3 or more people, you get the countdown debuff.
    IF you manage to not interact in pvp within a minute and get the idle debuff (basically you are fucked), you will get automatically kicked the next time you are reported by 3 or more people.
    This carries over into future BGs as well, which is why you will see usual afkers booted straight away and some people who get caught in the cross fire get the count down debuff.

If you are in Prepared's AV and want to not be kicked, go jump in a bunker, and dont kill the archers... infinite combat (cant be reported afk while in combat).

If you want to report all his characters afk, press m to get th emap, and right click on the big mass of dots, and choose "report all." Or I can give you the macro for reporting everyone not from your server if you want (but use is cautioned, as that is reportable).
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Sam falling behind? hmmm Sam used to be on my EQ1 zek server many many moons ago. Does Prepared lurk in DB forums or multibox.com forums? Do you think this will give us some good publicity?
    Last edited by JackBurton : 02-18-2012 at 02:59 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"