Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Default 5-box with many armour types?

Looking to upgrade from 2->5

I'm not keen on leaving so much loot to rot due to being the wrong classes, or having to farm repeatedly to gear the same class (is this really an issue, or am I psyching myself out over nothing?)

I'm looking at an all Blood Elf group to boot, as I don't like the greens or the furries.

Any specific problems I'd encounter with the following:

Warrior/Paladin
    Priest
    Mage
    Mage
    Warlock

Any suggestions on diversity? This is quite a bit cloth-heavy, which sort of defeats my own idea, but seems like a reasonably viable group if I drive the warrior (meaning the others are reasonably macroable.)

If I suck it up and do race mixing, I could do something like:

Warrior/Paladin
    Priest
    Shaman
    Druid
    Mage

That'd give me the gear diversity I like, but I'd have to go green to do it.

Thoughts/suggestions on possible issues I'd/ll encounter?

Thanks

Loot never rots if you have someone to DE it. At least that's my philosophy. DE > Sell Mats > Buy gear I can use.

Really, gear is rarely a problem. If you go with the first group, make a tailor who can supply everyone with bits and pieces while you're waiting for drops, or in place of drops since a lot of the crafted gear can be really nice.

If you go with a mixed group, you might have better chances for gear drops, but you also might have to spend more time trying to farm different places to get gear. You'll certainly have to spend time farming up various reps to get things like head enchants. And if you do want some crafted gear, you'll have to either increase the number of crafters you bring up {LW, BS, Tailor} or pay someone else's prices for it.

But like I said, gearing is the least of my concerns when deciding on a team. You're going to have crap loot sometimes no matter what the team is.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Loot never rots if you have someone to DE it. At least that's my philosophy. DE > Sell Mats > Buy gear I can use.

Really, gear is rarely a problem. If you go with the first group, make a tailor who can supply everyone with bits and pieces while you're waiting for drops, or in place of drops since a lot of the crafted gear can be really nice.

If you go with a mixed group, you might have better chances for gear drops, but you also might have to spend more time trying to farm different places to get gear. You'll certainly have to spend time farming up various reps to get things like head enchants. And if you do want some crafted gear, you'll have to either increase the number of crafters you bring up {LW, BS, Tailor} or pay someone else's prices for it.

But like I said, gearing is the least of my concerns when deciding on a team. You're going to have crap loot sometimes no matter what the team is.

I agree with this post. I have pally/shammy/lock/mage/druid and if you have enchanter, bs and LW you're sorted. In any case mixed groups are more complex to run than groups with the same class.

I actually prefer the class diferences.

My main team is Prot pally, Resto druid, Hunter, Mage, Rogue.

My secondary team is Prot warrior, Disc Priest, Warlock, Ele Sham, Mage

The cast sequence macro's are pretty simple to setup and with ISBoxer's 2 step abilities I can handle procs without switching toons.

With the new RAF groups I'm in the process of leveling (inc a 4x shammy team), I'm actually finding that the majority of my gear is coming from the quests at the start of the instances. since you get the same stuff to choose from for each toon, armor types doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Though, if u run 4x shammys then u can always wear leather/cloth. The damage difference isn't noticeable much until around lv80 or above.

Alliance-Aman'thul

Another good option blending your original one and maintaining ranged is:

Warrior (tank)
    Paladin
    Priest
    Mage
    Hunter

So you still have 4 of 5 ranged (I like shockadins) but you can as an option go with a ret for some 2H action. Two plates, two cloth and a leather/mail wearer.

I'm currently leveling Warrior, Priest, Mage, Lock and Shaman so I've got a little more variety. Other than most of the caster stuff in the range I'm at (68-74) having spirit on (there's even a quest that rewards a choice of two caster rings, both with spirit) I've not had trouble keeping my clothies at a reasonable gear level. This might become more of an issue at max level, but most upgrades will be coming from J/VP anyway so I don't think shared loot is such a problem. Even if you have a mixed gear group, once you've had the item drop once it is no longer useful (e.g. I keep getting the same mail gloves from the first boss in Nexus). I've got an enchanter in my group so even at max level any unusable items will still serve a purpose.

If I didn't have two already I'd be tempted to switch my Lock for a Moonkin, but that's more about buffs and the Lock's poor dps than sharing loot around.

I'd switch a mage (mine does nice dps though) or the lock for a hunter or shaman to provide more buffs to your group. Hunters are pretty versatile with their different pets and you could keep to Belfs. I've got one in my low level group (40ish) and she does pretty decent dps when I remember to keep her at range, my solo max level hunter also performs well.

I ended up going with:

Paladin
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Hunter

As that was what the blood elves could come up with.

I am finding it quite tough, to be honest and am seriously considering sucking it up and making an all-orc, Warrior+4 Shamans, or blood elf paladin+4 Shamans (or 3 Shamans and a Druid.)

At 23 the holy priest struggles to keep the group alive. Single target damage/heals are easy enough, but zero aoe healing at this stage sucks. This might get better at higher levels, but I'll be behind on gear for awhile.

I'll keep going on this group for awhile longer, at least long enough to get the priest to smite spam heal and see how that works out instead...

Quote Originally Posted by argentina View Post
    I ended up going with:

Paladin
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Hunter

As that was what the blood elves could come up with.

I am finding it quite tough, to be honest and am seriously considering sucking it up and making an all-orc, Warrior+4 Shamans, or blood elf paladin+4 Shamans (or 3 Shamans and a Druid.)

At 23 the holy priest struggles to keep the group alive. Single target damage/heals are easy enough, but zero aoe healing at this stage sucks. This might get better at higher levels, but I'll be behind on gear for awhile.

I'll keep going on this group for awhile longer, at least long enough to get the priest to smite spam heal and see how that works out instead...
    Go disc at lvl 30 spec into attonement. Win.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by traedoril View Post
    Go disc at lvl 30 spec into attonement. Win.
    A thousand times this:

If you 2 step spam 12 on all characters disc priest:

1: /castsequence [@focus] Power Word: Shield, Renew
    2: /castsequence reset=5 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite

Win. That will get you to level 50 by itself.

I'm not sure at 23 why your dps are taking damage at all?