Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 44

Last edited by Apps : 03-28-2012 at 02:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    What is the point of this thread anymore?
    That the new forum design has a compatibility problem with IE.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    What is the point of this thread anymore?
    That the new forum design has a compatibility problem with IE.
    Ninja'd!

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Ninja'd!

LOL! he totally did. I thought about it for a bit, and decide.. "yanno apps ole pal, your post is useless, and could be seen negatively... delete it."

Don is way faster than I am.

anyway, I typed Google, "IE9 Problems" whewwwww! Thats a LOONG list.

Perhaps this may help those who have yet to find any one of the several alternate methods.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

and this

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...p/t-78424.html

Lets keep in mind a few things.

The issue is NOT the problem of the forums. The forums work the same on every single browser. The problem is the Theme(s). Think of the forums as the skeleton and the themes as the skin.

I need to know WHICH THEME and WHICH version of IE you guys are experiencing these issues with. If you're having an issue with 1 theme, try another. Do you still have the same issues? different issues? This is the kind of thing that is helpful to troubleshooting the issue.

Why the FUCK are you using IE? The only acceptable answer is that you're tucked away in a 3rd world prison and you use the 30 minutes of internet time a day to come here.

Get a better browser.

For those of you absolutely positively locked down to IE, I'm sorry. Go to Microsoft and complain to them why their shit isn't rendering things right.

In the mean time. Please feel free to leave your issues in a detailed manner and which browser you're using. If it's something I can reproduce and easily fix, I'll hit it like MiRai hits a sushi roll.

If it helps, when I was reproducing Pinot's original crash, I was using the Blackstealth theme. I wasn't doing anything but browsing and replying to threads. It did seem like it would do it more prominently when I was typing up a big reply. Perhaps there's something to the periodic "autosave" feature that was mentioned previously? Let me see if I can come up with a test case with a higher reproduction rate than "once or twice an hour."

[edit] Just for clarity's sake, I don't use IE and I have never seen this happen on Firefox or the little bit of testing I did on Chrome.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 03-28-2012 at 05:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    Why the FUCK are you using IE? The only acceptable answer is that you're tucked away in a 3rd world prison and you use the 30 minutes of internet time a day to come here.
    Much as I hate using IE, there are valid cases where people have to use IE. Locked images on work PCs, internet cafes, visiting relatives that only have IE, Windows Mobile Phones and new devices or PCs running Win8 until the kinks in Win8 support in Firefox/etc. are worked out (assuming there are blocking items on Win8 installs).

On a related note, what's the usage stats for IE on here versus the other browsers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Much as I hate using IE, there are valid cases where people have to use IE. Locked images on work PCs, internet cafes, visiting relatives that only have IE, Windows Mobile Phones and new devices or PCs running Win8 until the kinks in Win8 support in Firefox/etc. are worked out (assuming there are blocking items on Win8 installs).

On a related note, what's the usage stats for IE on here versus the other browsers?
    I don't have access to those stats anymore. last I saw was Firefox -> Chrome -> IE -> Safari. Which is why I've never been overly worried about IE.

IE is like blood elves, rogues and alliance
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!