Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Needing help with a healing setup

I played around with the healing frame posted in another thread, but that only works for players, not companions.

Since I two box, there is always my two chars and two companions.

I am trying to set up 4 keys that will heal: me, my partner, my companion, or my partner's companion

I'm having trouble with targeting. For my "heal myself" key, I hit F1, than my heal hotkey. This works, however, if I happen to already have myself targeted, then F1 toggles to my companion instead of me so my heal goes to the wrong target. So, I tried sending "Esc" to clear my target, then F1, but if I put them in the same Step, only the ESC key fires. The F1 doesn't. If I put them in separate Steps I have to spam the heal key to make it go off.

I tried just sending ESC to clear my target, meaning any heal I cast goes on myself by default. The problem with that though, is if something attacks me while my target is cleared, I target it and my heal goes to the wrong target again.

Is there a foolproof way to always target myself and not toggle targeting myself/my companion?

As far as I know there is no foolproof way to do what you want. I could be wrong though, but since healing with keys is so unintuitive I've never dabbled with it.
    I would recommend you set up Click Healing instead and use Click Bars for your Companions. You can even fake all extra mousekeys for your Click Bars by enabling/disabling a Key Map on Mouseover, thus allowing you to heal your Companions using the same Mouse Buttons as for your Party (even one extra since right-clicking will work).

Thanks. I've been looking at your click-healing system and haven't gotten it sorted out yet... but I'm working on it

Ohhhhh, you are sooo close to having that setup correctly. I currently have this exact setup for my 2 man boxing. I did not do it this way for 3 man, since the companion could be any one of the three at any point in time, depending on what my need was.

Two man is setup with (2) clickbars for each toon, and a Right click, and a Left click mouse for each bar. Total of (8) keystrokes.

Just like in my posted write up, you need to make a set of controls for healing. I like to use Big heals and Light heals. Left click does all the Light heals, and Right click does all the Big ones. I colored the bars to represent the actual toon, vs the toons companion.

The reason why you set up this in the "Control" key map is because you need all heals coming from one window, and you need to assign a hotkey to use along with the "Target Me" AND (thats the biggy.. the "and"), to use hotkeys to target the companions + using the "Target Me". Sending the ESC pre key press is the solution. You can incorporate that into the click bar control mapped key also.

If this sounds complicated, well, its because its not easy. This took Mosg and I a good half an hour to work out all the targeting. What I ended up doing, was sometimes clicking and double clicking the click bars... I do this because I need to ensure the ESC gets sent given I may need a heal NOW, vs waiting for a sorcerers casttimer to finish up.

You can actually use more Mouse Buttons by setting them up individually as heal keys. Set them to "pressed OR released" and have two steps. Step 1 = Target Companion/Party Member Companion, Step 2 = the heal. Then activate these keys only while mousing over the Click Bars and deactivate them on 'mouseout'.
    This allows you to use those Mouse Buttons as usual while not mousing over the Click Bars (toggle autorun with Mouse4 for example etc).

I personally use my Click Healing setup to heal using my Party Frames and then use two Click Bars next to those for companions when dual-boxing. And since I don't like involving keypresses at all (like the modifiers) I only heal with my mouse and thus use the method above to access more Mouse Buttons. Works great.