Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Found a FPS Fix

Default Found a FPS Fix

There is another thread on performance >> http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...tch-FPS-issues.. << I have tried the fix that that post discusses, it did not work for me. So I wanted to make this thread to draw attention to this particular fix. I was getting crappy FPS while 4boxing. I have a great system ( corei7 2600K liquid cooled, SDD, 8gigs of ddrs, 580GTX..etc..)
    I noticed that even though i had shadows turned off, all my toons still had shadows. I googled " i have shadows turned off, but" and found a bio post telling a player to turn each preference on and then off, hit apply. Do this for each preference you want to change, one at a time. So I did that, I turned all my settings to one higher one at a time, hit apply, then turned them all down, one at a time and hit apply. It fixed my performance issue.

This might be known by some of you. I just assumed that when i had set them all on low.. that they WERE on low ( shadows off ), but some bug made it so my settings were not actually what they were set on. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 02-04-2012 at 09:51 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Awesome man, I havent been able to 4 box yet, and its been frustrating. This freed up enough resources to let me 4 box.

did you limit the foreground FPS to 30 as well ? (since every account needs the setting "pretend to be foreground window" )
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Brilliant. Did this, and my FPS jumped. Runs decent from a FPS point of view, now it BSODs lol.

Thanks, that raised my fps from 15 to > 30.
    Sometimes game logs me out for no reason. And sometimes this auto-logout resets all my graphics setting (and some more settings as well). Graphics settings are displayed wrong then: showing low quality but actually implementing high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by balrog78 View Post
    Thanks, that raised my fps from 15 to > 30.
    Sometimes game logs me out for no reason. And sometimes this auto-logout resets all my graphics setting (and some more settings as well). Graphics settings are displayed wrong then: showing low quality but actually implementing high quality.
    Exactly!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Up to 60 FPS (cap) now after fixing the settings for each account individually and restarting the clients.