Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Default Apps (actually Mosg2’s) 2 Man and 3 Man SWTOR setup

PROLOGUE
    Please note the characters I use below, can obviously be swapped for whatever you are using, nor is anyone required to use the same keys, I will illustrate, in the below posts. I will list my keys exactly, so that it can be duplicated and learn from it, and apply yourselves.

OBJECTIVE
    Set up a dual-box group using a Sith Warrior, and a Sith Sorcerer

THE KEYS + Pics IN GAME

Warrior
    Movement:
    Follow Target = `
    Targeting:
    Target Party Member 1 = F9
    Target Party Member 2 = F7*
    Target Self = F10
    Acquire Targets Target = F8
    Quickslots:
    Bottom Center Quickslot 1 = End
    Bottom Center Quickslot 2 = Delete

Sorcerer
    Movement:
    Follow Target = `
    Targeting:
    Target Party Member 1 = F9
    Target Party Member 2 = F7*
    Target Self = F10
    Acquire Targets Target = F8
    Quickslots:
    Bottom Center Quickslot 1 = End
    Bottom Center Quickslot 2 = Delete

*Note here – I use F7 for my (3) man setup. This can be omitted for (2) man. Either way, it wont matter.

Done with this part.
    Last edited by Apps : 02-03-2012 at 05:28 PM

ISBoxer SETUP

DEFINITIONS:

CONTROLS =
    Basic functions which are normally in game for other MMOs, but Not easily accessible in SWTOR; Swap Window; Activate specific set of keys for (X) character, Mouse Repeat etc.

CHARACTER SETS =
    The top of the design tree of the program. Think of this as the name of our team. If we make (2) warriors we may call it “Sith Warriors 2 man”. Everything under this heading is what defines how the software operates, and what you will be sending to the game.

KEYMAP SETS =
    A specific set of keys, which you can activate, deactivate, or not use at all. Keymap Sets are specific to a character slot. *Remember Point* (Character slots are unique to a single character. Each character needs its OWN set for every group it may be in. This is where the Follow Me, Assist Me, and Target Me, plus all the DPS keys come into place.

MAPPED KEYS =
    These are the keys we will define for ISBoxer to use to send to game windows. Once we pick a key, we can tell it to send it once, twice, in a row, only to one window, to all windows, for only specific character slots, watch for the key press or release of the key, keep track of the key press if we want it ON or OFF.. and a lot more.

KEYBINDS (In Game) =
    These are the keys we configure in SWTOR that align with the keys we are pressing for use with ISBoxer.

OTHER WINDOW vs MAIN WINDOW =
    For the sake of keeping it simple. (2) man boxing only has two windows… your main, and the other one. ISBoxer does care which one you are in, but it doesn’t care which one you use. Regardless of whichever toon we are operating at that moment, THAT window is our MAIN window… and the other one, is well… the other one.*Remember Point*
    (The “Party Member” position is a relative position based upon the view of the character being used. For example, if there are two different people, sitting on opposite sides of a table, no matter which side of the table you are at, the other person is sitting across the table from you… go on, let that soak in.)

(2) man is pretty simple, compared so (3) or (4). The objective is to always tell the other window what to do, via the keyboard, while only watching from the main window.
    So, lets get started………
    Last edited by Apps : 02-03-2012 at 05:23 PM

Key Maps

These are already here, but I started out by, doing the following:
    Right click on Key Maps, and choose New Key Map
    For the 2 man setup I made three of them. Label them as Apps Control 2 Man, Sith Warrior 2 Man, and Sith Sorcerer 2 Man.

APPS CONTROL

Now, We need a set of controls.

These Controls guide the other keysets for later use. They may or may not have keybinds, depending on use, because some of them we aren’t actually key pressing them, we are using them as the foundation. I have the following:
    +Activate Warrior =
    this is the key I use to swap windows and activate all my warrior keys at the same time.
    +Activate Sorcerer Appstoo =
    you guessed it… does the same thing as the warrior key but just for the Sorcerer.
    +All Off =
    this is useful when you are trouble shooting, or if you get into a weird situation and just need to turn everything off so you can do something or fix a keybind that’s not right. This will turn off all keysets from ISBoxer
    +Mouse Repeater =
    Turns on the mouse synchronization for all windows.
    +Heal Appology Big and Light =
    are separate spells I use when in combat. I don’t always want to spam my low fast heal, because it uses more force power than the big one… and I’ll run out.
    +Heal Appstoo, Big and Light =
    same as the other one, just directed at another toon.
    +CC Whirlwind =
    this is the Mapped Key that the click bar refers to, in order to use the Whirlwind ability and CC a target from any window.

I’m just going to show a couple of these, because this section is covered in more detail in another thread…

Linked here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/46358-Getting-started-with-2-boxing-SWTOR/page3

As you can see from the picture, for “Activate Warrior” I am using the Hotkey F1, and the actions are to turn on all the key states for Sith Warrior 2 man and the Apps Control 2 man, and turn off the Sith Sorcerer 2 man. When it does this, there is also a pop-up text that says something like “Warrior is now Active!” or something like that. We can do this for the sorcerer too. Just change the map key state to OFF for warrior, and ON for sorcerer.

Easy right?

The All Off is the same way, except we just turn everything to OFF.
    Last edited by Apps : 02-03-2012 at 05:25 PM

SITH WARRIOR 2 MAN KEYMAP SET

This parts probably overkill now with all the information on the forums, but, ill throw it in anyway.
    Target Me =
    Directs the other window who to target
    Assist Me =
    Enables the other window to select your target
    Follow Me =
    Makes the other window toon to /follow your main window toon

To setup
    Target Me, Create a new key map key, and name it “Target Me” (again, no matter which of the two toons you are playing, the other guy is always “party member 1”) For the warrior, we will make a new Do new key action, and send the key to target “Character slot 2 (Appstoo)”, and the key to press is “F9”.
    5th grade version – we are telling the game that when we use the Target Me function from the warrior screen, it sends “F9” to the sorcerer. When the sorcerer presses F9 (because we set that up as the keybind in game), it will target the warrior… hence “Target Me”

To setup
    Assist Me, Create a new key map key, and name it “Assist Me”. For the Warrior, we will make a new Do new key action, and send the key to target “Character slot 2 (Appstoo)”, and the key to press is “F9”. Then we will copy that by right clicking on it, then right click on the word “Actions” choose “paste”. Click on the newly pasted key, and change it from “F9” to “F8”.
    5th grade version – we just told the game, that when we are playing the warrior, and we want to the sorcerer to help us, to first target us by using F9, and then immediately use F8 which we already set up the keybind in game… the sorcerer will now attack what the warrior is attacking…. Hence “Assist Me”

To setup
    Follow Me, Create a new key map key, and name it “Follow Me”. For the warrior, we will make a new Do new MAPPED KEY action. We want to tell the current window, to use the “Target Me” function, from the “Sith Warrior 2 man” keymap set, and specifically the key called “Target Me”. Then Right click on the word “Action” and make a new Do new key action, and send the “`” (tilde), to “Character slot 2 (Appstoo)”.
    5th grade version – we just told the game to use the new function of “Target Me” and then to press the key to follow the warrior. We sent that to the sorcerer, so now the sorcerer will follow the warrior…. Hence “Follow Me”

Last edited by Apps : 02-03-2012 at 05:27 PM

DPS KEYS

This is an open book. But within the warrior, we made only a few of them. Again, it’s a new mapped key, then just pick the key to send, and tell it which window you want it to go to. DPS keys usually go to “Window>All”. My warrior spam dps key is called… eh, whoops! Heh, I forgot to change that before I took all the screenshots. Oh well.

Sorry buddy.

… Its called
    “Mosgs bullshit test (Hotkey: 1)” This key I just spam. The warrior likes to use Sundering Assault, then Slam, then Shout, then Assault. But you cant do them all at once. It is possible to set them up with a timing rotation, and then set the keys to auto reset after so many seconds, but that is a lot of hassle for a quirky setup. Instead we take advantage of the fact that the games Global Cooldown for each attack / skill is different. We just put them in order in our mapped key from longest to shortest and instant skills dead last. This forces the game (while pressing all the keys at once), to essentially only activate the key that’s ready. I.e. when I press the hotkey, the sundering assault gets pressed. When I press the key again, sundering assault is on GCD, so Slam gets pressed. When both of those are on GCD… well, you get the picture.
    Each of those Do new mapped key goes to character slot 1 (which is the warrior). It’s the same action… just stack them up in order. And also put in the dps of the sorcerer… sending it to character slot 2.

(inserting picture later)

The result is, we just stand there, and spam the shit out of the “1” key. While watching the warrior rotate through all the skills, at the same time the sorcerer does. Mobs die super fast.

So now we can do all of this again for the Sorcerer… OR we can just copy the Sith Warrior 2 man, and paste it in the key maps and rename it to “Sith Sorcerer 2 man”
    *Reminder Point*
    (Just make sure you go back through all the keys, like Follow, Assist, Target, DPS, etc, and ensure that all the settings are swapped. I.e. Change warrior stuff to sorcerer, and change sorcerer stuff to warrior. We want the sorcerer to send the follow command to the warrior window, and not just send the follow to the sorcerer one, to follow itself.)

So that’s it basically. The rest is customization. If anyone is interested in the (3) man setup, I am posting those pics below as well. *Note: the white and black list… Ensure the white list is used for 2 man setup for 2 man keys, and 3 man setup for 3 man keys.
    (especially the Controls).

Many Thanks
    Mosg2 for helping me to get this far.
    Last edited by Apps : 02-03-2012 at 05:30 PM

good stuff! After playing 4 toons for a day, I can say that I will only be able to hadle it in chunks. Two is so much easier ( only doing class quests twice for example ) But the killing power of four is so fun! I wish companions were stonger though. I like their stories! I would just keep with two boxing.

Thanks for this Apps! ( and mosg ) it will help a lot!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Great guide, Apps! Thanks for posting it!

I noticed in your pictures, you show a SPACE keypress being passed, but I don't see it in the written steps. I'm one of those older people that reads first, then looks at pictures. So it took me a while to figure out why it didn't work for me.

I'm started thinking the reason for doing this, is IS sends the commands faster than SWTOR will process them, (that built in delay that drives us all nuts), so you send SPACE. Well, I tested this, I deselcted SPACE as my jump command and guess what it works. I like to use 0 (oh), instead of SPACE, since SPACE is used to skip movie screens (i may not have my alt in a conversation, and don't want it just jumping all the time).

Some day, though, I hope to be able to play them as well as you do. I find all your guides very illuminating. You have been a great help getting my characters running.
    Last edited by Gorthu : 02-04-2012 at 02:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthu View Post
    I noticed in your pictures, you show a SPACE keypress being passed, but I don't see it in the written steps. I'm one of those older people that reads first, then looks at pictures. So it took me a while to figure out why it didn't work for me.

I'm started thinking the reason for doing this, is IS sends the commands faster than SWTOR will process them, (that built in delay that drives us all nuts), so you send SPACE. Well, I tested this, I deselcted SPACE as my jump command and guess what it works. I like to use 0 (oh), instead of SPACE, since SPACE is used to skip movie screens (i may not have my alt in a conversation, and don't want it just jumping all the time).

Some day, though, I hope to be able to play them as well as you do. I find all your guides very illuminating. You have been a great help getting my characters running.
    Hey, you're welcome.

The SPACE I put in was the temporary fix for the /follow not working properly. I believe the picture you are referring to, is the one describing the "Follow Me" command. (Fourth Picture in post number four) Its not needed anymore.

I do have a SPACE being broadcast for the voice acting conversations. I didnt talk about it in this write up, but it is visible in every picture in post four. I use "[", same as you are using your "o". Its a major time saver, when pressing for 3 accounts, and doesnt interfere with my actual spacebar so my chat isnt affected.

Could you go through how you set up your click bars for healing? I am having trouble following some of the other guides in this forum and I see you have them set up in your screenshots. I (and I'm sure others too) would really appreciate it