Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Hybrid View

Great guide, Apps! Thanks for posting it!

I noticed in your pictures, you show a SPACE keypress being passed, but I don't see it in the written steps. I'm one of those older people that reads first, then looks at pictures. So it took me a while to figure out why it didn't work for me.

I'm started thinking the reason for doing this, is IS sends the commands faster than SWTOR will process them, (that built in delay that drives us all nuts), so you send SPACE. Well, I tested this, I deselcted SPACE as my jump command and guess what it works. I like to use 0 (oh), instead of SPACE, since SPACE is used to skip movie screens (i may not have my alt in a conversation, and don't want it just jumping all the time).

Some day, though, I hope to be able to play them as well as you do. I find all your guides very illuminating. You have been a great help getting my characters running.
    Last edited by Gorthu : 02-04-2012 at 02:57 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthu View Post
    I noticed in your pictures, you show a SPACE keypress being passed, but I don't see it in the written steps. I'm one of those older people that reads first, then looks at pictures. So it took me a while to figure out why it didn't work for me.

I'm started thinking the reason for doing this, is IS sends the commands faster than SWTOR will process them, (that built in delay that drives us all nuts), so you send SPACE. Well, I tested this, I deselcted SPACE as my jump command and guess what it works. I like to use 0 (oh), instead of SPACE, since SPACE is used to skip movie screens (i may not have my alt in a conversation, and don't want it just jumping all the time).

Some day, though, I hope to be able to play them as well as you do. I find all your guides very illuminating. You have been a great help getting my characters running.
    Hey, you're welcome.

The SPACE I put in was the temporary fix for the /follow not working properly. I believe the picture you are referring to, is the one describing the "Follow Me" command. (Fourth Picture in post number four) Its not needed anymore.

I do have a SPACE being broadcast for the voice acting conversations. I didnt talk about it in this write up, but it is visible in every picture in post four. I use "[", same as you are using your "o". Its a major time saver, when pressing for 3 accounts, and doesnt interfere with my actual spacebar so my chat isnt affected.