Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 40 of 40

Quote Originally Posted by Targ View Post
    So I am at the same decision point, 24G DDR3 Memory arrives today but I run Republic.

I have a Commando / Sage pair at level 38 any recomendation on what DPS to put with them.
    I am going Ranged DPS so I was thinking a couple of Gunslingers but is there a better choice?

What about a Sage's on Telekinetics tree or Commandoe's on the Gunnery Tree.

Any suggestions plz.

two more sages hands down! I have a Jug+4sorcs now and i love them..lots of heals.. lots of cc..lots of stuns..they just flat out own and are very simple to play.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    two more sages hands down! I have a Jug+4sorcs now and i love them..lots of heals.. lots of cc..lots of stuns..they just flat out own and are very simple to play.
    Thank Lyonheart, after thinking some more about it I had come to the same conclusion. Now I just have to get them all leveled up.

Could you expand more on the spam dps..how does that work and how do you have in configured on both isboxer and swtor. I am very new to this but am not new to programming and am slowly struggling thru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Sure.

Apps 2 man Healing Setup

Ok, so I’m feeling under the weather, so this will be short and rely a lot on the pictures.

To set up healing, I used a total of (2) clickbars, changed my in-game keybinds, used the in-game targeting, and used the left side action bar to put my healing skills.. two of them; the small or light heal, and the big heal, and bound the slot in an in-game keybind.

Since doing this, I have added (2) more clickbars to heal the companions. And two more targeting features, one called “Target My Comp” and the other called “Target Other Comp”. The pictures will reflect the setup before I added the extra two…sorry about that.

First, Just like when setting up the Target Me. Alter the in-game keybind so that it is the key that points to the companions.

Next we need to make the actual
    heal keymaps. Go to the Control section, and create 4 new keymaps. Label them appropriately so that there is no way to get confused. I called mine… “Heal Appology (my warrior) Light”, “Heal Appology Big”, “Heal Appstoo Light”, and “Heal Appstoo Big” *Reminder* don’t forget to make (4) more for your toons companions. Label them as Heal (toon name) Companion, and Heal (toon name) Companion… I .e “Heal Appology Companion Light”, and “Heal Appology Companion Big”.. etc.

The picture below, I show that we are pressing the ESC key to clear any channeled skill or action. Then pressing the appropriate Target in game key bind… (for example my in-game target character for Appstoo is F10), Then pressing the specific location of the heal skill I placed on the left side action bar, and in-game keybind for where that key is. (In this case I used F6 for the light heal)

5th Grade explanation – When I activate the Heal Appstoo Light, the software will send ‘ESC’ to stop casting, then F10, (Targeting my toon Appstoo), then F6 which is the light
    heal.

Reference the healing question setup in this thread also...
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-healing-setup

I find healing in SWTOR really, really boring. It's basically just whack-a-mole. Sage/Sorc is definitely the best PvE (and PvP) healer. The shield alone trumps anything any other healer has, since it's extremely cheap and you can buff your whole group to preemptively absorb a lot of damage.

Click healing is still really awkward, though. The clunky interface, spell delay and lack of macros/addons is very noticeable. I find I enjoy the game much more simply running my 3 Guardians with a companion healer. Doc is a boss, it's a shame you get him so late in the game.
    Last edited by Apatheist : 02-11-2012 at 02:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by talonness View Post
    Could you expand more on the spam dps..how does that work and how do you have in configured on both isboxer and swtor. I am very new to this but am not new to programming and am slowly struggling thru.
    Ok, so, you quoted my post about healing setups, but are asking about spam dps, and how it works.

so, I'll just answer the "how it works".

A thread was posted here, that is probably a good way of putting it.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...legal-in-SWTOR

Basically the setup is like this.
    Skill 1 has a 10 sec GCD
    Skill 2 has a 15 sec GCD
    Skill 3 has an instant GCD
    Skill 4 has a 30 sec GCD
    Skill 5 has a 2 sec channel

There are only two "good" methods to setup DPS Spam keys. One uses timers for each action step and the other uses the "popsicle" method.
    I use Popsicle method.

We setup the key to press all the skills at once. So its like pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 at the same time. Problem is, if we set that up like that in ISBoxer, then SWTOR reads it in that order too. So 1 would go off (because its first), then 2 (because 1 is on GCD) and then 1 would fire again, because its first on the list and its GCD is ready. So the key when spammed would just do skill 1 and 2.. maybe occasionally fire a 3... maybe.

But knowing this, we can arrange them in order, and let the software do what it does.

Rearrange them like this
    Key one
    Skill 4 has a 30 sec GCD
    Skill 2 has a 15 sec GCD
    Skill 1 has a 10 sec GCD

Key two

Since Skill 5 is a channel skill, we dont want to clip it too much with all the other skills. So we should put it on another key, with fewer keys and maybe something with a similar GCD timer.

Key one will cast in that order, because the one before it will be on GCD. So spamming they key, fires 4, then 2, then 1, then 3 a few times, till 1 or 2 are ready... remember its always going to fire the one above it, so long as the games timer is ready.

I prefer this method (although it may be believed to be a little sloppy), because its simple, and fast. The timer method requires getting all the different (Do not go to next Step until XX seconds) timers done exactly right.

UPS guy arrived promptly at 10:00 am Saturday morning; 16-gig RAM upgrades open and shut case.

Prior to installation with (2) accounts running my resource load was commonly between 75-80%; post installation of the 16-gigs of DDR3 my 2-box runs at 50%. Settings maxed out on my main screen 24”, and my second monitor running med settings. G
    uessing my net resource load will be back to 75-80% once I add the additional (2) accounts having all the setting on low save my main screen.

Next step will be to add the (2) new accounts; I have a question or two.
    1. Should I set up my other monitor to have my healer visible at all times with my (2) dps stacked underneath; the reason I ask would be for general view ability, using my primary screen facing my character group and my healer on the second screen.

1. Should I set up my other monitor to show all my toons in little boxes; this is how I ran my 5-wow accounts on 2-monitors. I have concerns doing this with SWTOR as the camera is whacky as we all know and I am not sure how much information viewing 2 screens looking at the sky with a third staring at the ground will help.

Independent movement question – My current setup has my primary character utilizing the WASD keys set to do not pass, the UP,DOWN arrows are passed only to my second character. How have 4-boxers managed independent movement beyond that? I can think of one flashpoint where independent movement is very critical as one character gets targeted and the boss chases you much like the “Big Bad Wolf” event from WoW. I can also see a need for independent movement to help facilitate getting the group into class/group quest instances.

Will be doing some experimenting this week with my Powertech/Sorcerer since I really like the setup that Merc tossed out; PT, Sorc,Sorc,Sorc and driving with my healer. Initial pull would be through the PT using DFA, and then quickly switching screens, so I can run my sorcerers through my healer with the PT on a separate set of threat key rotations. My fall back ATM is the Juggs, Sorc,Sorc,Sorc as I am comfortable running through my tank screen.

Apps, great explanation of a DPS keymap and how GCD can be handled. As an add-on to that conversation, what about placing follow and assist me within that DPS key? I have tried several versions of having it do follow,assist,1,2,... or an assist,1,2,.... I have also played with setting the in-game preference for auto targeting closest enemy. The problem is getting your melee team to follow you around and pick up the target you just selected when you are fighting a large group that is spread out. I can of course just hit my follow key but in a busy battle and watching healing, targets, CC etc anything I can do to eliminate the follow/assist problem just makes the battle that much more manageable. I hope this made sense.

Any suggestions from anyone on their approach to this issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Apps, great explanation of a DPS keymap and how GCD can be handled. As an add-on to that conversation, what about placing follow and assist me within that DPS key? I have tried several versions of having it do follow,assist,1,2,... or an assist,1,2,.... I have also played with setting the in-game preference for auto targeting closest enemy. The problem is getting your melee team to follow you around and pick up the target you just selected when you are fighting a large group that is spread out. I can of course just hit my follow key but in a busy battle and watching healing, targets, CC etc anything I can do to eliminate the follow/assist problem just makes the battle that much more manageable. I hope this made sense.

Any suggestions from anyone on their approach to this issue?

Thanks
    Easy.

If you have a "Target Me" "Follow Me" and "Assist Me" setup in a control keymap like I illustrated in post #4 of this thread, you can add a "Do new mapped key action" within your DPS spam key.

When you do those, the information its looking for is.. what keymap set, who should you send it to, and whats the mapped key.

So your dps key might look like this. (if you are playing Toon A
    DPS of the "1" key
    Actions
    ____Do Assist Me in Control> Toon A
    _____Skill 4
    _____Skill 2
    _____Skill 1
    _____Skill 3

you can just replace Assist with Follow, if you want. But normally you dont want to follow and assist while dpsing. hmmm, actually I can see a benefit of doing that in a PVP environment if you were running all melee teams... hmmmm I may have to try that out.

Default Thank You

Sorry about the wrong posting...and thank you for the help...much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Ok, so, you quoted my post about healing setups, but are asking about spam dps, and how it works.

so, I'll just answer the "how it works".

A thread was posted here, that is probably a good way of putting it.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...legal-in-SWTOR

Basically the setup is like this.
    Skill 1 has a 10 sec GCD
    Skill 2 has a 15 sec GCD
    Skill 4 has a 30 sec GCD

There are only two "good" methods to setup DPS Spam keys. One uses timers for each action step and the other uses the "popsicle" method.
    I use Popsicle method.

We setup the key to press all the skills at once. So its like pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 at the same time. Problem is, if we set that up like that in ISBoxer, then SWTOR reads it in that order too. So 1 would go off (because its first), then 2 (because 1 is on GCD) and then 1 would fire again, because its first on the list and its GCD is ready. So the key when spammed would just do skill 1 and 2.. maybe occasionally fire a 3... maybe.

But knowing this, we can arrange them in order, and let the software do what it does.

Rearrange them like this
    Key one
    Skill 4 has a 30 sec GCD
    Skill 2 has a 15 sec GCD
    Skill 1 has a 10 sec GCD

Key two

Since Skill 5 is a channel skill, we dont want to clip it too much with all the other skills. So we should put it on another key, with fewer keys and maybe something with a similar GCD timer.

Key one will cast in that order, because the one before it will be on GCD. So spamming they key, fires 4, then 2, then 1, then 3 a few times, till 1 or 2 are ready... remember its always going to fire the one above it, so long as the games timer is ready.

I prefer this method (although it may be believed to be a little sloppy), because its simple, and fast. The timer method requires getting all the different (Do not go to next Step until XX seconds) timers done exactly right.

Thanks for the great guide Apps. The screen shot are particularly valuable for a noob boxer like myself.

Could you please expand on the companion targeting feature -

Since doing this, I have added (2) more clickbars to heal the companions. And two more targeting features, one called “Target My Comp” and the other called “Target Other Comp”. The pictures will reflect the setup before I added the extra two…sorry about that.
    I have had numerous attempt at implementing this myself and have not got it to work with a do action group.

In the end I just did in all in line -

Heal Kelm Light
    Steps
    Actions
    ESC ->2
    F6 -> 2
    6 -> 2

2 - Character Slot 2 (my sorcerer)
    F6 has been rebound to Target my companion on both accounts
    6 is Dark Heal on my quick slots

The mapped key setup I tried was -

TargetMyComp