Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 40

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm working 12 hour shifts for the foreseeable future.
    Sounds like me... if I work 60 hours in a week, it is a slow week these days. It's really cutting into my SWTOR time

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    --Unfortunately I'm working 12 hour shifts for the foreseeable future.

Bless him.

He logged in last night for all of about 14 minutes, then crashed... off to sleep.

I am getting really, really close to having this working. I have 4 clickbars ingame, one each for character heal, 2nd char heal, companion heal and 2nd companion heal. I can right click/left click to small/big heal them and everything works fine... *except*

I still have the problem when my healer tries to target himself to heal, if he is already selected it toggles the selection to his companion. If I send an ESC key first, it clears the target, but if there is no target, it pops up the menu asking if you want to quit. Even if I bind the "target myself" key to something else, it still works as a toggle between me and my companion. Only the "heal myself" clickbar is affected, all the other 3 work perfectly.

Is there another way to clear your target without popping up that menu?

Nope.

which is why I double click when healing.

errrr. well, actually, now that I think about it.. perhaps the in game keybind for the game menu popup is there (ive never looked), and you can just unbind that ESC key for that function for your healer only... instead use something else like ALT+ESC.

or just double click.

You double-click your clickbar? How does that help?

I looked all through the key bindings and there doesn't seem to be any way to change "clear target" or the popping up of the game menu. For now I have it sending an ESC first on my healer character. I sometimes pop up the game menu, but at least the targeting works. It turns out to not be too much of a problem as I am usually in combat when needing to heal, so I have something targeted which gets cleared.

Thanks to all your help, I have everything working now - just need a few tweaks here and there.

Ya I double click. I figure the double ESC cant hurt, and ensures the heal goes off. I have clicked stuff before in big PVE fights, and the heal not go off. I assume this is game lag. Ive been double clicking ever since. Never missed a heal.

Glad you got everything working.

16-gig DDR3 arriving on Saturday; time to start branching out?

I cannot decide if I want to keep running my various (2)'s, add a third, or take the deep plunge into quad-boxing. Leveling up in WoW was more of a grind; with my companions I find SWTOR having more immersion than grinding quests and dungeons, and while granted, running with (2) more accounts will make all the heroics a breeze, I am not convienced that SWTOR flashpoints are box-friendly enough to run within the level range.

Currently my Marauder/Sorcerer are blasting through stuff, and able to run flashpoints by joining groups; decision point incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro_box View Post
    16-gig DDR3 arriving on Saturday; time to start branching out?

I cannot decide if I want to keep running my various (2)'s, add a third, or take the deep plunge into quad-boxing. Leveling up in WoW was more of a grind; with my companions I find SWTOR having more immersion than grinding quests and dungeons, and while granted, running with (2) more accounts will make all the heroics a breeze, I am not convienced that SWTOR flashpoints are box-friendly enough to run within the level range.

Currently my Marauder/Sorcerer are blasting through stuff, and able to run flashpoints by joining groups; decision point incoming.
    Flashpoints, most of them anyways, will be boxable. Few things to consider. In fact, if you run tank+healer with 2, you should be able to box pretty much everything. Just make sure you bind passive/attack so you can quickly move your companions out of AoE or stop them from attacking when appropriate.

First, SWTOR HEAVILY favors ranged DPS for PvE encounters. Many bosses will have AoE that punish melee and this will simply increase the heal load on your group.

Second, if you are not planning to drive with your tank, Powertech and or Vanguard are absolutely the best tank to use.

Third, Sorcerors and Sages are the best PvE healer right now for one reason, they have the best AoE heal (this is more important for operations than flashpoints)

With those points in mind there are a few groups I would recommend for Flashpoint success.

Group 1 - The Melee Group

Juggernaught/Marauder/Maurauder/Sorc

This should be a pretty easy group to run. It isn't ideal due to it being all melee but honestly that shouldn't matter too much. You will most likely drive with the Jugg and switch to the Sorc at need for movement sensitive encounters. The Marauders in annihilation, or watchman for the Sentinels out there, are going to put out a truckload of DPS put out some group healing and just burn whatever the Juggernaught is on. With the Marauders following the Jugg, movement isn't going to be a huge issue and there is enough similarity between the two classes that DPS rotations will be pretty close. There is also some nice synergy with the Jugg armor debuff.

Group 2 - The Ranged Group.

Powertech/Sorcx3 (2 DPS 1 Healer)

Now, let me just say, you could EASILY go with Mercenaries over Sorcerers. You could also EASILY take a Mercenary or an Operative to be your healer. However, this is absolutely the best all around PvE group and there is one simple reason for this. DPS Sorcerors do not have to worry about managing their resources the way Mercenaries or Snipers do. Additionally, even though your DPS is a Sorceror, their off spec healing is very respectable and you have plenty of interrupts (This is what trumps Mercs). Your healing strain will be much less with no melee DPS. You don't have to keep your PT on top of the boss at all times. You have both a pull and a charge on your tank to quickly move around the fight.

Snipers COULD fill the DPS role, and they will do slightly more DPS than Sorcerors, however they lack the overall utility and flexibility of the Sorcerors. Mercenaries will have a higher overall sustained DPS I would imagine, but their rotation isn't as easy to run and they have no interrupts. While you can interrupt with the PT, sometimes one interrupt isn't enough and many boss encounters require multiple interrupts on a rotation to minimize incoming damage to manageable levels.

Thank you very much for your input Merc; you make a very compelling argument, and quite honestly I had not considered the Juggs/Marauder/Marauder/Sorc team. I completely agree on the synergy of the Watchman spec combined with the Sorcerer madness utility 0/18/28 spec.

The team I currently run although only 26 atm just tear the holy poop out of things; thus far I have managed every 2+ & 4+ although the 4+ were nearly grey before I left each planet. I do have a PT sitting at 22; was the first character I created the day I bought the game. My concern with that class when considering boxing has always been the heat management. My Juggs, Marauder, and Sorcerer are all one key smash ((1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0)) without need to worry about resource management. I basically use (2) dps spam keys; one for both and a second that allows the main toon to keep pounding while my sorcerer tosses out heals.

In WoW I was always kinda of envious of the folks that ran Prot pally 4(x) shaman since I opted for the more difficult route of DK tank, Shadow Priest, Balance Druid, Resto Shaman, & BM Hunter. SWTOR I can see the Juggs with 3(x) Sorcerers being very close to the Pally/Shaman combo, and was leaning toward that should I opt for the (2) additional accounts. – change that to when… perhaps next paycheck.

So I am at the same decision point, 24G DDR3 Memory arrives today but I run Republic.

I have a Commando / Sage pair at level 38 any recomendation on what DPS to put with them.
    I am going Ranged DPS so I was thinking a couple of Gunslingers but is there a better choice?

What about a Sage's on Telekinetics tree or Commandoe's on the Gunnery Tree.

Any suggestions plz.