Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 40

Quote Originally Posted by OldRod_KS View Post
    Could you go through how you set up your click bars for healing? I am having trouble following some of the other guides in this forum and I see you have them set up in your screenshots. I (and I'm sure others too) would really appreciate it
    Sure.

Apps 2 man Healing Setup

Ok, so I’m feeling under the weather, so this will be short and rely a lot on the pictures.

To set up healing, I used a total of (2) clickbars, changed my in-game keybinds, used the in-game targeting, and used the left side action bar to put my healing skills.. two of them; the small or light heal, and the big heal, and bound the slot in an in-game keybind.

Since doing this, I have added (2) more clickbars to heal the companions. And two more targeting features, one called “Target My Comp” and the other called “Target Other Comp”. The pictures will reflect the setup before I added the extra two…sorry about that.

First, Just like when setting up the Target Me. Alter the in-game keybind so that it is the key that points to the companions.

Next we need to make the actual
    heal keymaps. Go to the Control section, and create 4 new keymaps. Label them appropriately so that there is no way to get confused. I called mine… “Heal Appology (my warrior) Light”, “Heal Appology Big”, “Heal Appstoo Light”, and “Heal Appstoo Big” *Reminder* don’t forget to make (4) more for your toons companions. Label them as Heal (toon name) Companion, and Heal (toon name) Companion… I .e “Heal Appology Companion Light”, and “Heal Appology Companion Big”.. etc.

The picture below, I show that we are pressing the ESC key to clear any channeled skill or action. Then pressing the appropriate Target in game key bind… (for example my in-game target character for Appstoo is F10), Then pressing the specific location of the heal skill I placed on the left side action bar, and in-game keybind for where that key is. (In this case I used F6 for the light heal)

5th Grade explanation – When I activate the Heal Appstoo Light, the software will send ‘ESC’ to stop casting, then F10, (Targeting my toon Appstoo), then F6 which is the light
    heal.

Reference the healing question setup in this thread also...
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-healing-setup
    Last edited by Apps : 02-07-2012 at 11:27 AM

Make (4) new Clickbars. Label them Heal (name specific or Self and Other).. I choose the toon name so its less confusing.

Later you can do like I did, and put them in the different character sets. Granted this takes out the aspect of the toons name, and still functions fine. These identifiers are necessary because when you place them in the game window, you need to identify which one is which.

Now click on the “Buttons” and change the size. I went with 100 and 32. Later I changed this to 50 and 30. I did that because when you make (4) buttons, I put mine side by side the left one for the toon, and the right one for the toons companion.

Next, you want to left click on the green bar itself. Notice the information in the bottom Right fills out. (mine is already completed, but Ill show how to do it again, as it starts out blank.

Click on the “<” to open the mapped key director or action for this bar. NOTE: we can set up a Left click and a Right click for the bar. My Left click is the light heal we made. Choose the Mapped key we made, from the location we made it in, (in this case its my App Control 2 Man and the key itself is called Heal Appology Light)

Do the same thing for the Right click by clicking with the right mouse button, and instead this time, choose the Big heal.

You can also change the
    color from the small window at the top area of the bottom right. I advise changing the color, so that it’s a fast quick visual reference to know who we are healing. I use Green for the toons, and light blue for the companions.

Set up the other three keys the same way, and use different sources.
    Last edited by Apps : 02-07-2012 at 11:31 AM

Now Save and export all to Inner Space. In game, press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G to bring up the control panel for ISBoxer.
    From the clickbar tab, select your click bar, or select “
    Show all” and just remove the ones you don’t want. Move the clickbars to what makes sense… DO NOT SYNC! Save to “Auto” and close the window with CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G again. Now go to the other window, and do the same thing.

*Note: the reason why we don’t SYNC is because when you are on Toon A, Toon B is on the left side. When you swap windows Toon A is on the side and Toon B is down in front. Unless we specifically want to keep heal toon A in the same spot, and Toon B in the same spot… I didn’t. I want to heal the toon next to the portrait of that toon.

Heres a picture of the finished product.
    Last edited by Apps : 02-07-2012 at 11:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Reference the healing question setup in this thread also... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-healing-setup
    Yeah, I read that and I just can't seem to get clickbars to work. I tried Chazz's guide and there's something I'm just not getting.

For one thing, his guide shows going into the game and dragging/resizing the click bar. My clickbar ingame is fixed in location and size, so I'm guessing I've missed a setting somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by OldRod_KS View Post
    Yeah, I read that and I just can't seem to get clickbars to work. I tried Chazz's guide and there's something I'm just not getting.

For one thing, his guide shows going into the game and dragging/resizing the click bar. My clickbar ingame is fixed in location and size, so I'm guessing I've missed a setting somewhere
    That specific point was brought up when I did it as well. I was also unable to resize mine. so I had to do it manually. I could move them. Just not resize them. Its probably user error tho.

You can't resize the Click Bar ingame, but you can move it by grabbing the blue "handle" above it (where the name of the Click Bar is).
    But as far as the size goes you have to type that in, in ISBoxer using the "cell values" (1 cell = 1 pixel). For me, using 60% width and 100% height of the Party Frame ingame, I have mine set to about 164x326 I believe. I did this by eye, but one method could also be to take a screenshot of your Party Frames ingame and open it in Photoshop or similar software, where you can simply draw a box to cover it perfectly and then see the size in pixel values.

Quote Originally Posted by chazz View Post
    You can't resize the Click Bar ingame, but you can move it by grabbing the blue "handle" above it (where the name of the Click Bar is).
    ok, thats good to know. At least I wasnt doing something wrong there and just "struggle bus'd" it

WTB a copy of your ISboxer saved xlm file

Quote Originally Posted by Gylon View Post
    WTB a copy of your ISboxer saved xlm file
    Lax, Are we allowed to sell em? I was thinking like $10?

Just kidding. Actually I believe Mosg2 posted his in another thread.

this one in fact...
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...anifesto/page2 Post #19.

My setup is very very similar to his... and his has more bells n whistles.

I'm perfecting my setup for both a caster team that can heal and a melee team. I'll put up the xml and make two new videos once they're good to go--Unfortunately I'm working 12 hour shifts for the foreseeable future.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."