Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Hybrid View

Default Set Target System Version 2

SET TARGET SYSTEM VERSION 2
    The new version allows you to switch to any character and instantly have that character be your new Lead. All you need to do is define the Target keys, using a simple Set Target System, for all your characters beforehand. This happens ingame and from any window you want; in 5-10 seconds.
    I have provided tinypaste links to the keys you will need for this. All you need to do is change a few Hotkeys and Keystrokes and make sure that you are using the default targeting keys in Star Wars: The Old Republic (F2-F5).

TinyPaste Links
    Set Target (Key Map)
    http://tinypaste.com/f19f9f19

Assist & Follow Keys (Key Map)
    http://tinypaste.com/46804d8d

Loadkey (Mapped Key):
    http://tinypaste.com/531c5a82

How to use the Set Target System
    Open the tinypaste links, right-click and choose Select All and then copy (Ctrl+C or right-click and choose Copy).
    Then in ISBoxer right-click on Key Maps and choose 'Paste Key Map from Clipboard'. Do this for both the 'Set Target' and 'Assist & Follow Keys' Key Maps. Also copy the Loadkey and put it inside any Key Map of your choice. I recommend the Always On Key Map if you have it (so that it never gets disabled).

Now you want to change the Hotkeys for the Mapped Keys inside the 'Set Target' Key Map. You can choose whatever Hotkeys you like. My suggestion is to use the same key for each slot using a modifier for the second key.

Click on your "Assist & Follow Keys" Key Map. Set the same Hotkey for all the Follow keys.
    Go into each Assist key and change the keystroke to match your ingame keybind for "Aquire Target's Target". Do the same for the Follow key, but use your ingame keybind for "Follow Target" rather than "Aquire Target's Target".

Now go to your Character Set and at the bottom of the General tab you will find 'Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded'. Click on this, choose Window:Current as Target and then choose the Loadkey (from whatever Key Map you put it in).

Now it's time for us to create our Variable Keystrokes, that we will be using in our Assist and Follow keys.
    Go to Variable Keystrokes and then right-click on Variable Keystrokes in the window below and choose 'New Variable Keystroke'. Do this three times and name them Target Slot 1, Target Slot 2 and Target Slot 3.

Alright, you are now good to go.
    When you load up your Character Set ingame, use your Set Target keys to define each character as a lead. Start with the Set Target Slot 1 keys to make Character Slot 2 &3 target Character Slot 1. Then use the Set Target Slot 2 keys to make Character Slot 1 & 3 target Character Slot 2. And finally use the Set Target Slot 3 keys to make Character Slot 1 & 2 target Character Slot 3.
    Once that is done you can now go ahead and use your Assist & Follow keys with any character. If you switch from Character Slot 1 to Character Slot 2 for example, Character Slot 1 & 3 will now Assist & Follow Slot 2.
    Use the Assist keys by placing them all into your DPS Rotation keys. If you use one Key Map for each of your characters and have Hotkeyed the DPS Rotation keys for all of them to the same key, I recommend just putting the Assist keys in one of them to avoid potential issues.
    Simple, easy and quick to use.

Please leave a comment if you have any questions. I would also love to hear some feedback if you end up using this, let me know how it works out for you.
    Last edited by chazz : 02-09-2012 at 03:06 PM

nm..... got it
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 01-31-2012 at 08:08 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Just wanted to post a quick update and tell you all that I have made a preview video for the Set Target System, showing you what it is and how to use it ingame. You can find the link in the original post (1080p available).

Quote Originally Posted by chazz View Post
    Just wanted to post a quick update and tell you all that I have made a preview video for the Set Target System, showing you what it is and how to use it ingame. You can find the link in the original post (1080p available).
    I can't find this link, sorry. Can you point me to this link please?

Quote Originally Posted by None of the above View Post
    I can't find this link, sorry. Can you point me to this link please?
    *whew* I thought I was going crazy... I couldn't find it either

Your guide looks good. The only problem I see is that your Using (Target Party 4) in game that hot key does not actually target party 4. What it does do is absolutely nothing. I was stumped on this myself. Here is chart I made a while back that I reference from.

Cheers Darkmod

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmod View Post
    Your guide looks good. The only problem I see is that your Using (Target Party 4) in game that hot key does not actually target party 4. What it does do is absolutely nothing. I was stumped on this myself. Here is chart I made a while back that I reference from.

Cheers Darkmod
    I actually noticed this too (I asked about it a week ago in the thread for my other Guide). But since no one answered my question regarding the matter and since I found no tangible information; I decided to put it in anyway. It really doesn't present a problem anyway as it doesn't affect the system at all, other than potentially have taken up a few seconds more of my time when creating it.

HI,

it is a bit more complex than this schematic, because SLOT = PARTY-SLOT (or OPERATION SLOT) top down NOT Slot in ISBoxer.

I haven't figured out how the sorting works.
    characters in my party sort always like this, no matter who invites... if 3) leaves, 4) moves to place 3) and if Nox comes back,Septic moves to place 4 again.
    1) Flood (isboxer slot 2)
    2) Virulen (ixboxer slot 4)
    3) Noxious (isboxer slot 5)
    4) Septic (isboxer slot 6)

(my isboxer slot 1 is dxnothing

it is a bit doing my head in, because when I invite another player, everything is scrambled.

I am working on a flexible FTL-like system to assign these ...
    Last edited by Bloodcloud : 02-03-2012 at 04:31 PM
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

Updated to Version 2 which allows you to instantly switch Lead character.

I wasnt able to paste the last one. Anyone else was able to paste it to ISBoxer?