Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25

billeddy:
    I will try to answer your questions.

1. Yes. You need to add the Key Maps to your Character Set, otherwise that Character Set will not use those Key Maps.
    2. It's absolutely fine to change any hotkeys or keystrokes inside any key to whatever you want. As a general rule of thumb however; don't use any modifiers (Ctrl, Shift or Alt) with your ingame keybinds. This can cause problems in ISBoxer.
    3. No. You just have to create the Variable Keystrokes, but you don't have to configure them in any way. That's what the Set Target keys does ingame.
    4. I haven't used the "Many New Mapped Keys" feature myself, so I can't say anything about it for certain. But if you want to embed the assist keys into your DPS Rotation key(s) then you will want to use all the assist keys before any ability keys, so I'm not sure if it will work with the "Do This First" feature.
    Regarding Target Window it depends on what you are wanting to do. If you are using another Mapped Key inside a Mapped Key then you want "Window: Current". This goes for the Assist keys for example.
    You can use the Assist keys on their own, instead of having them embedded into a DPS Rotation key, if you want. Just skip putting them into the DPS Rotation key(s) and instead create a new mapped key where you call all of the assist keys (Window: Current, Assist & Follow Keys, Assist Slot 1-3). Hotkey this in ISBoxer to whatever key you prefer and use that to manually trigger assist whenever you want.

Will this setup work in a two box solution? I only use two characters at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by crisdan View Post
    Will this setup work in a two box solution? I only use two characters at the moment.
    Yes.
    I would also recommend assigning default values to the Variable Keystrokes for Target Slot 1 & 2 (I believe it would be F2), so that when you're just grouping with your own two characters you don't have to assign these values ingame using Set Target (assist & follow just works 'automatically' then).

So I can go ahead and setup per your instructions for 4 characters (even though I have 2 now, i will add 2 more later for my own 4 man group)?

Can you elaborate on what you ment in the above? Sorry I am just getting my head around this.

Quote Originally Posted by crisdan View Post
    So I can go ahead and setup per your instructions for 4 characters (even though I have 2 now, i will add 2 more later for my own 4 man group)?

Can you elaborate on what you ment in the above? Sorry I am just getting my head around this.
    This system is for 2-3 characters, if you are playing 4 (an entire party/group) then you don't need this, as you characters (according to others on these forums) should always end up in the same Party Member Slot in the game.
    What I meant above was that when you create a Variable Keystroke you get the option to assign a "Default Key Combination" to it. So it may be a smart idea to assign whatever keys your characters use to target each other when it's just them in a party and no one else (this key should always be the same, and if it's just two characters I believe it may be F2, altough I could be wrong since I don't play the game anymore), so that when you're not partying up with anyone else in the game and it's just your two characters; you don't ever have to use the Set Target key to assign these values/key combinations ingame, instead their assist and follow keys just "works autmoatically".
    In other words; you only have to use Set Target when you're partying/grouping with other people, since they will mess up the Party Member Slot arrangement.