Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Free TOR Multiboxing

Hello,

I'm a multiboxing newbie, and I'd like to try multiboxing The Old Republic on a single computer, free of charges.

I can't find a program that enables me to launch several instances of the game on one computer, as all my attempts to rename the windows with hotkeynet fail.
    Is there a way to do that with a free program?

I just need a direction, but of course if you have a full how-to at hand, that would be really great.

Thanks, and please excuse my bad english, french speaker here...

You should be able to apply for a 7day trial of isboxer.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    You should be able to apply for a 7day trial of isboxer.
    The OP is looking for a free solution. As far as free goes however, I don't think you'll find anything better that HotKeyNet. My personsonal reccommendation would be to put some money into the hobby and get ISBoxer. It is well worth it.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I agree with EatCarbs. HotKeyNet for free or Isboxer for $$$, only way to go.

Thanks for the answers, and yes, I'm looking for free stuff...
    I managed to rename TOR's window by running hotkeynet in admin mode, but now I can't launch several instances of the game... Crap...

there is a HotKeyNet sticky in the RIFT section that will probably help you out alot.

Quote Originally Posted by groduick View Post
    Thanks for the answers, and yes, I'm looking for free stuff...
    I managed to rename TOR's window by running hotkeynet in admin mode, but now I can't launch several instances of the game... Crap...
    If you're really gung-ho about using HotKeyNet, I reccommend doing a lot of reading and experimenting with it. Once you learn how to write the scripts properly, it is a very versatile and powerful piece of software. It just takes a good amount of time investment.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I used HKN a bit with RIFT, so I'm pretty familiar with basic functions...
    I hope that I can find a solution to start different instances of the game on the same computer, but tnaks for the input anyway

I dual boxed TOR before using HotKeyNet. It wasn't a very good solution, but it did kinda work. What I did was use a virtual machine with a cheap keypad connected to it and had HKN broadcast the keys to my desktop and laptop each running a single instance of the game. I couldn't figure out a way to get two instances of the game working at the same time so I just used both systems. I didn't try mouse broadcasting, but the keys did broadcast fine. I think I had to setup each one as a movement key though as the game wouldn't register key presses bound to the quickbars otherwise.

Sorry I can't give any more info but I'm going off memory from several months back.