Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 89

Default Mosg's Multiboxing TOR Manifesto

Yarr,

For the record, I finished the manifesto last weekend. It took a week to get it broken up, compressed and uploaded to Youtube--Working around a 60+ hour work week and a newborn is difficult stuff.

You'll want to watch the videos in order for them to make sense. I'm currently working on compressing and uploading the actual game footage. I will do one 10 minute video each for my Operatives, Warriors and Sorcerers. With a smidgen of luck I'll get them uploaded today.

If you have any questions you can post here or you can contact me in game on Rakata Mind Prison on Mosg, Murazor or Adunaphel. I'm going to prefer to talk via skype if I'm going to help set up anything for you but we can figure that out depending on how complex your issue is.

So, with further ado:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeFRR7NeMds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxlRkBKkQAs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbpJ24zmTeY
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

YES!!! Thanks!
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Sorcerer video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwnZ_hn9Fs

Excuse the poor quality. The Juggernaut and the Operative ones will be higher, I promise.

/bow

This is so awesome;

I can shed some light as to why your follow works the way it does. My follow is setup differently but achieves the same thing but basically here is why it works!

The jump is essentially doing what we used it to do when auto-follow was glitching out. Take for example commandos or mercenaries. They have a high damage auto attack type ability that can be converted into a heal. If you do not add a jump to the follow rotation, the follower characters will stop for 1.5s for the duration of the animation when healing. If you add a jump, the animation is instantly broken, the character resumes follow on your butt and continues to auto attack spam or heal with the auto attack. In short, jumping is working to break the following characters out of animations you can normally move through.

Another important thing to note is that where you insert your autofollow hotkey depends on what type of character set you are running.

For example running melee teams follow should be used after pretty much every single ability. This keeps the follow tight and right on you allowing melee DPS to do what melee DPS needs to do. On the other hand, ranged teams using casted abilities need to use follow before they use the ability. This way they follow, then the cast stops follow until you are finished and want them to follow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Sorcerer video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwnZ_hn9Fs

Excuse the poor quality. The Juggernaut and the Operative ones will be higher, I promise.
    Mosg, just want to say there is a solution for GTAOE type abilities but really it is most effective for either assassins in Madness, or healers in general.

The trick is to set all followers to zoom in tight, and have them look directly down. It isn't ideal, but, using this method it would be possible to have 4 mercenaries throw 4 GTAOE heals at your feet. Or have four assassins blow up 4 Death Fields in the middle of a melee moshpit (that would hurt a bit by the way!) Your sorcs could also do it, and it would actually be relatively effective anti-melee DPS.

Again, it isn't ideal, but you can turn it into essentially a PBAOE for death field/force in balance for republic side. To give you an idea of how effective it is. Balance shadows in my guild (we're clearing KP/EV on Nightmare) are able to crit with force in balance for I believe 5k. That is 5k, 3 targets, 4 guys can put down up to 20k on 3 guys instantly. Only really geared out tanks will survive that!
    Last edited by Mercbeast : 01-28-2012 at 02:08 PM

@Mercbeast:

The animation explanation totally makes sense. Bwuahah!

That is certainly a solution but I'd rather just avoid it for now if I can. I like to glance at my second screen frequently to make sure they're doing what I want.

Good tips

@Mercbeast:

The animation explanation totally makes sense. Bwuahah!

That is certainly a solution but I'd rather just avoid it for now if I can. I like to glance at my second screen frequently to make sure they're doing what I want.

Good tips
    Ya. I've toyed with the idea of running Shadows syncing those GTAOE's is possible but again far from ideal, but honestly melee without charge just doesn't feel optimal. As a matter of fact I am going to make a post in a minute or two as to why I think Sentinel/Marauder or Jugg/Guardian is probably the alpha team of SWTOR for PVP.

Juggernaut video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU61gsiBJFA

Edit:

@Mercbeast:

I think that either Operatives or Juggernauts will be the "best" team. With Juggernauts you get two leaps, a snare and a perfect DPS rotation. With the Operatives you get one shot kills from stealth 100% of the time plus longevity via healing--Remember, they have 15% bonus run speed while in combat plus a ranged snare. It makes up for not having a gap closer.

Powertechs are on my list also. They get a leap plus a pull and do good damage plus are in heavy armor.
    Last edited by Mosg2 : 01-28-2012 at 02:28 PM

Juggernaut video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU61gsiBJFA

Edit:

@Mercbeast:

I think that either Operatives or Juggernauts will be the "best" team. With Juggernauts you get two leaps, a snare and a perfect DPS rotation. With the Operatives you get one shot kills from stealth 100% of the time plus longevity via healing--Remember, they have 15% bonus run speed while in combat plus a ranged snare. It makes up for not having a gap closer.

Powertechs are on my list also. They get a leap plus a pull and do good damage plus are in heavy armor.
    Check out my thread. Several reasons why Marauders and Sentinels should out-do the tanks. Operatives are a different kettle of fish. To me they are like more sustainable rogues.

Comparing Operatives and Marauders is like comparing a sniper to a cannon ball rolling down hill. The Operatives are going to get those first couple kills quickly and then things slow down for them. With Marauders, you just killed 10 people in 15 seconds or so.

Powertechs are intriguing, but the mixed ranged/melee mechanic simply is not as optimal as a pure melee one. I'm sure it would work and work well, but it will never be as fluid as Warriors or Knights.