Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default FIX for post-patch FPS issues

Apparently there are some problems with the client_settings.ini files post patch that cause a huge drop in FPS. Multiplied across 4 accounts and the game was barely playable for me. This issue can be solved for most people by doing the following:

Navigate to your C:\Users\<youraccount>\AppData\Local\SWTOR folder and delete the DiskCacheStatic and DiskCacheStream files and then go into the settings folder there and delete all your client_settings.ini files. If you had ISBoxer virtualize them there will be one for each of your characters. You might have to run the Launcher Repair tool in your SWTOR folder to get the game to launch error free following this operation. Also, you will need to launch the game and reset your graphics settings to Windowed (Fullscreen) because when the launcher remakes those .ini files it will reset it to Fullscreen.

I went from super-laggy barely-playable to perfect 60FPS following this.

I work tonight and tomorrow night but I promise I will put up a manifesto this weekend. I've been pulling 16 hour days at work on top of a 3 month old baby at home
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

for a second... I thought this was your Holy Grail setup. Forget Bioware/EA Customer Service. I think Mosg2 is my new .. what was it? "crusade"?

Thanks for this. After I read Bloodclouds post, I immediately knew this would correct what we saw. Damn, sometimes its ok to just be lucky rather than smart huh?

Are you able to apply different settings to each of your characters?

I followed the instructions and now I can't set my second character's preferences to low. Before I could have one character set to high graphics settings and the other low (only have two characters running).

ISBoxer created the separate client_settings.ini files for my characters, and they are different, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Whatever settings changes I make apply to both characters when I log in next time.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by propagandalf : 01-20-2012 at 03:43 PM

Rated Arena Member

I've never been able to have different visual settings. Works for sound (one on 3 off) but when I quit and log back on they all assume the same graphic settings.

Another issue I had since patch was that even with shadows off all my client had shadows casted. I had to go to all of them, put shadows low, validate, then off and now it's ok.

Not to mention that I did follow instruction from op and it worked but I keep logging in just to find all messed up again... it sucks tbh...
    Last edited by Altsoba : 01-21-2012 at 04:18 AM
    Grim Batol (EU) Horde - Is Multiboxing

@Altsoba:

You need to have ISBoxer virtualize the client_settings.ini for each of your characters.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    @Altsoba:

You need to have ISBoxer virtualize the client_settings.ini for each of your characters.
    ISBoxer has created the virtualized client_settings.ini files for my two accounts, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by propagandalf View Post
    ISBoxer has created the virtualized client_settings.ini files for my two accounts, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
    So I ran into this too...this is what fixed it for me.

Exit out of SWTOR completely.
    If open, close ISBoxer and also shut down Inner Space from your toolbar menu.
    locate the files, and delete them.
    reboot your computer.

when you reload, you should have to adjust your video settings into Fullscreen(Window) mode.

then log out again, completely.
    Log back in and you should be good to go.

Is the "reboot computer" step really needed? There's nothing persistent in memory, disk or registry for those files once you delete them, and your other steps clear out anything that might get cached in IS/ISBoxer/SWTOR.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Is the "reboot computer" step really needed? There's nothing persistent in memory, disk or registry for those files once you delete them, and your other steps clear out anything that might get cached in IS/ISBoxer/SWTOR.
    Well I wouldnt have thought so... but I did this without rebooting, and it didnt work. Mosg and I walked through it, and neither of us could really understand why... im not saying there may have been some user error in there somewhere...lol But this is what worked. It may be redundant, but it worked.