Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 53

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Definitely not a Jamba thing.

2) Disable all other addons except Jamba and see if the problem still happens. If the problem goes away one of your addons is causing issues.
    Do you work for blizzard? lol sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Oatboat View Post
    Do you work for blizzard? lol sorry
    Nah! I work for free. Donations welcome...

http://wow.jafula.com/
    Jafula.
    Jamba - Jafula's Awesome Multi Boxer Assistant. An addon for YOU.

Forget this post i was being a dum a$$

~~
    im stupid
    Last edited by Maser123 : 03-31-2012 at 04:54 AM

I'm having an issue with getting the Jamba Quezt Watcher to track quests. I'm running Jamba 0.9.

Description:

I'm running a 5 man party. Jamba is installed on all 5 toons, and works wonderfully for quest accepting, taxi'ing, etc.

When I accept a quest this is what happens:

1) The name of the quest appears, but it only displays that 2/5 (two out of five) party members have the quest. It's always the same two party members (both are set as slave). Yes, I've confirmed that all five toons do indeed have the quest. Jamba Quest Watcher just seems to only to be able to identify two of them.

2) I can force the quest watcher to update if I go into the quest tab and hit track all, and then I'll get all 5/5.

If this is the best it is going to be, then so be it, but I'm thinking that since the quest watcher is picking up that 2 of the slaves are getting a new quest, it should be able to identify that all 5.

Any ideas on what something has gone wrong or a work around? thanks!

Your two slaves probably have the Blizzard WoW UI option (not Jamba) that automatically tracks quests when they are picked up turned on. You will need to do the same on your other three toons. Sorry, I can't remember where the option is in the UI and I am not at home to be able to look. The option will be on for the two slaves that work and off for the others. A bit of poking in the WoW UI options and you should be able to find it, something like automatically track objectives.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    I'm having an issue with getting the Jamba Quezt Watcher to track quests. I'm running Jamba 0.9.

Description:

I'm running a 5 man party. Jamba is installed on all 5 toons, and works wonderfully for quest accepting, taxi'ing, etc.

When I accept a quest this is what happens:

1) The name of the quest appears, but it only displays that 2/5 (two out of five) party members have the quest. It's always the same two party members (both are set as slave). Yes, I've confirmed that all five toons do indeed have the quest. Jamba Quest Watcher just seems to only to be able to identify two of them.

2) I can force the quest watcher to update if I go into the quest tab and hit track all, and then I'll get all 5/5.

If this is the best it is going to be, then so be it, but I'm thinking that since the quest watcher is picking up that 2 of the slaves are getting a new quest, it should be able to identify that all 5.

Any ideas on what something has gone wrong or a work around? thanks!
    Jafula.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafula View Post
    Your two slaves probably have the Blizzard WoW UI option (not Jamba) that automatically tracks quests when they are picked up turned on. You will need to do the same on your other three toons. Sorry, I can't remember where the option is in the UI and I am not at home to be able to look. The option will be on for the two slaves that work and off for the others. A bit of poking in the WoW UI options and you should be able to find it, something like automatically track objectives.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, that fixed it.

So, just for future reference, for the Jamba Quest Watcher to work correctly the Automatic Quest Tracking (under Interface -> Objectives) must be checked. Right?

Short version:

Yes

Long version:

Well, if you want it to appear in the list immediately, yes.

Otherwise you can do what you did as a workaround and toggle tracking using the Quest UI.

(Basically Jamba piggybacks off the Blizzard quest tracking mechanism, so if you want to track a quest with Jamba, you must track it using the Blizzard UI and Jamba has tools so you can toggle quest tracking on all your toons from one toon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    Yeah, that fixed it.

So, just for future reference, for the Jamba Quest Watcher to work correctly the Automatic Quest Tracking (under Interface -> Objectives) must be checked. Right?
    Jafula.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Now I have a question, since i happened to think of it earlier, now i know this might be a bit unconventional, but is there any way that you could integrate a shared professions feature with jamba, that would sync professions across accounts. So I could be on any toon on my jamba team and have information on professions from any other toon across that teams set of accounts? I mean im not sure how much demand there is for such a feature, but I have quite a few toons with different professions on different accounts with different recipes, and I currently have an addon that would let me save "friends" professions but those have to be manually logged and updated by relinking the profession. Now if you had something where it just took note of everyones professions saved them account wide, and then when you were in a team with your other toons you could see them it would be ideal. Anyhow just my thought/idea/suggestion in the form of a question if this is something you have considered