Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 43

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    The biggest effect I am seeing by the Exodus is that Rift events are not succeeding due to the lack of players .
    Even the Auction House is not selling a lot of stuff that was selling great.
    I was beginning to wonder. The decent gear on the AH and certain materials has all but disappeared the last time I checked (about a week or two ago).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    I was beginning to wonder. The decent gear on the AH and certain materials has all but disappeared the last time I checked (about a week or two ago).
    SWtOR might not have been a WoW killer, but i bet it put a hurt'n on the smaller MMOs
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    SWtOR might not have been a WoW killer, but i bet it put a hurt'n on the smaller MMOs
    Rift seemed to have taken a hit over the Christmas with people offline during college break and the SWtOR release. I think at that point people panicked. Now that I am looking to move I have been checking shard populations and it seems there are only 3 shards which are hitting medium to high at peak times, all the rest are sitting at low.
    I am really enjoying Rift, but if the population does not come back it seems pointless to play if the game is dying

Rift seemed to have taken a hit over the Christmas with people offline during college break and the SWtOR release. I think at that point people panicked. Now that I am looking to move I have been checking shard populations and it seems there are only 3 shards which are hitting medium to high at peak times, all the rest are sitting at low.
    I am really enjoying Rift, but if the population does not come back it seems pointless to play if the game is dying
    I know a lot of guilds were complaining about players leaving to play ToR, including ours. We had to do a recruitment drive to replace missing members and we have now beefed up the ranks.

I admit that I stopped playing RIFT to play ToR as well but came back to RIFT after a week because of the issues with MB ToR. However, i see they are working on the follow fix and Mosg2 came up a with a new workaround.

Our guild master is now worried about GW2 releasing and what effect that will have on RIFT. Hopefully, RIFT will weather both new games and continue on as I still really enjoy playing RIFT and am now working on getting my second team up to 50.

The population Greybriar seems good but I haven't actually checked the level from the server perspective, will try and remember to do so tonight.
    Schadenfreude Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Dekoy Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Medyc Cleric ( Sentinel/Warden ) / Rhiggs Warrior ( Champion/Warlord ) / Murtaugh Mage ( Chloro )

Quote Originally Posted by Krago View Post
    I know a lot of guilds were complaining about players leaving to play ToR, including ours. We had to do a recruitment drive to replace missing members and we have now beefed up the ranks.

I admit that I stopped playing RIFT to play ToR as well but came back to RIFT after a week because of the issues with MB ToR. However, i see they are working on the follow fix and Mosg2 came up a with a new workaround.

Our guild master is now worried about GW2 releasing and what effect that will have on RIFT. Hopefully, RIFT will weather both new games and continue on as I still really enjoy playing RIFT and am now working on getting my second team up to 50.

The population Greybriar seems good but I haven't actually checked the level from the server perspective, will try and remember to do so tonight.
    I'm sure at some point they will close/merge servers to keep them healthy. I mean even EQ is thriving all these years later. They just merge servers when the need arises.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

How is Estrael as server? I am on Alsbeth with my main team and there seems to have been a huge exodus to Wolf's Bane
    Estrael was my first server and I've always liked it. It may not have the highest population, but it seems just fine to me. It's not as populated as the other PvE-RP server, but I have an easier time getting into warfront queues on Estrael than other servers, though that's mostly because of Wolfsbane. Warfronts almost seem like an internal affair for Wolfsbane - both teams are almost always totally filled up with players from Wolfsbane. I think Alsbeth is in the same group but there are very few people from Alsbeth in the warfronts.

I have always preferred PvE-RP servers because people seem to be much more mature. And people on Estrael are nice, on both sides (I have level 50s on both sides on Estrael).

I pretty much never get critiqued for multiboxing on Estrael. Rather, I often get encouraging comments.

Over Christmas, I did notice a sharp break in the number of players. However, it seems they've all come back now.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

Default Server shutdowns

Wow, so some servers are being shut down soon, including my Estrael... :/ I really liked that server, but I'll be moving all my chars to Faeblight instead. Hopefully that battlegroup will pick up with the influx of people. Estrael had the benefit of playing with Wolfsbane which has a gazillion of people and very active warfronts...
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    Wow, so some servers are being shut down soon, including my Estrael... :/ I really liked that server, but I'll be moving all my chars to Faeblight instead. Hopefully that battlegroup will pick up with the influx of people. Estrael had the benefit of playing with Wolfsbane which has a gazillion of people and very active warfronts...
    Is there a list anywhere, all I am seeing is a post about Estrael being converted to a trial shard?

Doh.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)