Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1

    Default Multiboxing in Rift

    Just bought a single copy of Rift and was curious if any of you are still actively multiboxing in Rift. I was thinking of multiboxing and wanted to ask your opinion on a few things first.

    Is it worth the investment or does it get old pretty fast? How multiboxer friendly is Rift? Seems like it works pretty well from what I've read here.

    Thanks for any input you can give

  2. #2

    Default

    Rift is very multiboxer-friendly.

    I felt like Rift did kinda get boring once my first team hit 50 but I think most of it was just that I've been playing fantasy/adventure MMOs for so long that I'm kinda burned out.

    The good thing is Trion has been adding content regularly, much more frequently than Blizzard (or it feels like it anyway).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  3. #3

    Default

    I still box Rift, currently on Alsbeth. Gearing in rift has more options I feel than WoW did (which I boxed until Rift was released). You can get gear from PvP, dungeons and then the actual rifts.
    The add on support is a lot less for Rift than WoW but overall i still enjoy it and being a casual player makes it a nice change from WoW.
    Takes a lot more power to box on single machine though, most boxers I think run the main client on a low/medium setting and the other clients on the low setting which needs a restart of the game to enable.

  4. #4

    Default

    So to have 5 accounts I'll need 5 different email addresses?

  5. #5

    Default

    Yes.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nazgul View Post
    So to have 5 accounts I'll need 5 different email addresses?
    I hate that game companies do that now days. SWtOR is that way as well.
    Currently boxing FFXIV Lyonheart Deathblade, Swyftwind Lyonheart, Serena Moon, Zeltar ( too many classes each to list )
    Team1 Whitelyon BE Paladin-4xOrc Shamans>>Swyftmend..Swýft..Swìft..Swÿft
    Team2 Swyftwind Druid Tank..Hawtdotz Priest..Lýonheart Hunter..Swyftdotz Warlock..Xeltar Mage
    Nazgrel/Alliance Guild: <X-FIVE>
    The Power of FIve!!! ( short video )

  7. #7

    Default

    I still box Rift actively. I keep creating new characters and teams so it seems I never get time to try out everything Rift has to offer. I still haven't even tried all dungeons yet, and I _just_ started playing in the new zone they added (Ember Isle) with one of my teams. I've been playing pretty much since Rift came out.

    I guess I just take things slow. I always set up a few short term goals and stick with that, then come up with a new goal. Like getting all my rogues to the same level (40) while only playing PvP, getting color-matched max-level horses for my cleric team, finish all chronicles on all characters, finish all puzzles on all characters, getting all world event rewards for all characters, crafting the max-sized bags myself for all my characters and their bank bags, reaching max PvP rank on one team, etc. Just doing the world events for all my characters usually takes most of my available time...

    I have all my chars on Estrael. My cleric team are guardians and the rest are defiant. I really like that they (recently) added the ability to mail stuff between your characters even if they're on the opposing faction.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    I still box Rift actively. I keep creating new characters and teams so it seems I never get time to try out everything Rift has to offer. I still haven't even tried all dungeons yet, and I _just_ started playing in the new zone they added (Ember Isle) with one of my teams. I've been playing pretty much since Rift came out.

    I guess I just take things slow. I always set up a few short term goals and stick with that, then come up with a new goal. Like getting all my rogues to the same level (40) while only playing PvP, getting color-matched max-level horses for my cleric team, finish all chronicles on all characters, finish all puzzles on all characters, getting all world event rewards for all characters, crafting the max-sized bags myself for all my characters and their bank bags, reaching max PvP rank on one team, etc. Just doing the world events for all my characters usually takes most of my available time...

    I have all my chars on Estrael. My cleric team are guardians and the rest are defiant. I really like that they (recently) added the ability to mail stuff between your characters even if they're on the opposing faction.
    How is Estrael as server? I am on Alsbeth with my main team and there seems to have been a huge exodus to Wolf's Bane

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    How is Estrael as server? I am on Alsbeth with my main team and there seems to have been a huge exodus to Wolf's Bane
    Our guild moved from Alsbeth to Greybriar, seems to have been a good move. I am the only multiboxer in the guild the rest play solo and I don't think I have seen another multiboxer on Greybriar yet.

    If you are looking for a new server, give me a shout on one of my characters listed in my sig.
    Schadenfreude Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Dekoy Rogue ( MM/Ranger ) / Medyc Cleric ( Sentinel/Warden ) / Rhiggs Warrior ( Champion/Warlord ) / Murtaugh Mage ( Chloro )

  10. #10

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •