Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PVP in SWTOR

Default PVP in SWTOR

Anyone have any feedback from multiboxing in swtor PvP?

I only tried one warzone so far with my 2 sorcerers and follow seemed even more messed up in there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickin View Post
    Anyone have any feedback from multiboxing in swtor PvP?

I only tried one warzone so far with my 2 sorcerers and follow seemed even more messed up in there...
    Without having a set position in-group for your characters or macros, I'm giving up on PvP for the time being.

Unless someone smarter than I has figured out a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by webstravaganza View Post
    Without having a set position in-group for your characters or macros, I'm giving up on PvP for the time being.

Unless someone smarter than I has figured out a workaround?

I believe there is one, but I dont quite understand it yet.

Two methods Im aware of.
    Method one) full set of keymaps specific to each character, which target specific target names and their target of targets.

Method two) using the Focus Target as an option in place of "Target Party 1"

I think I vaguely understand how to do the swap for method one, which includes its own keymap for screen swaps and loading specific keymaps for that toon. I tried Method two this weekend, and wasnt able to get it to work properly. I could follow, and assist, however the dps was an issue. I still need to work on it some more given I believe others are already using Focus and doing just fine.

There has been a solution for per-charcter assists in a game like this for quite a while using Virtual Mapped Keys. (i.e. press the correct party member hotkey, then a hotkey for the target of target) The main problem is that it's kind of complicated to set up. Creo graciously provided a copy of his base LOTRO configuration that includes this already, if you would like to load it up in ISBoxer and look at it for ideas: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1198

ISBoxer 40 will be introducing a new system of Variable Keystrokes. This will make it easier for most people to understand and configure a system like this. And I'll have a wizard to help.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

The problem I see with that, Lax, is that when you're in a warzone there are 10 party members but in-game there are only bindable buttons for target party members 1-4, not 1-8. IE, there is literally no keybind you can make in game to target raid members 5, 6, 7 and 8.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

What about Jamba? Will Jamba currently be able to identify a "team" leader and its members, and allow ISBoxer to look up that team and create its own binds for that? Or is that again limited by the FTL issue?

The problem I see with that, Lax, is that when you're in a warzone there are 10 party members but in-game there are only bindable buttons for target party members 1-4, not 1-8. IE, there is literally no keybind you can make in game to target raid members 5, 6, 7 and 8.
    Fair enough. You just can't assist them with the functions given in the game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    What about Jamba? Will Jamba currently be able to identify a "team" leader and its members, and allow ISBoxer to look up that team and create its own binds for that? Or is that again limited by the FTL issue?
    Jamba is a WoW Addon. When/if SWTOR implements custom Addons we'll talk about that
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Fair enough. You just can't assist them with the functions given in the game then.)
    The SWTOR folks have said they're definitely pro-macro, and I think they're serious about it. Hopefully it won't be too far down the road before they implement them. Once we get the ability to use macros things'll become much easier, even if they don't alloow addons.

little up, has anyone found the solution since?