Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Coming back to boxing

Hey all,

Just took advantage of the Blizzard sale to buy 4 new accounts up to Cataclysm and get back in to boxing without wasting the RAF this time. Now that it's come down to server choice, I realized my current server, Shattered Halls, is dying and down to a little over 1,500 characters per www.wowrealms.com. I had noticed it seemed pretty sparse in the past, and this seems to confirm it.

Looking to move to a high population PvP (I like world PvP from time to time) server with either a good balance of Alliance vs. Horde or a good group of boxers. All of my 85's are Alliance at the moment so I plan on sticking with em.

I've read here that Kil'jaeden has a bunch of ally boxers but I noticed it's over 80% horde.

I've checked out the new Commons here but there aren't a lot of votes for realms just yet.

Thanks all.
    "I thought that, if the world won't change, we would never reach happiness..." - There She Is!! Final Step - Imagine by amalloc on SamBakZa.net

Blog Entries

The US boxing servers are...

Alliance - Kil'jaeden (Legion of Boom)
    Horde - Blackrock (But Mom I'm Multiboxing)
    Horde - Magtheridon (The Zerg)

Chances are, playing with other boxers will outweight having fewer players on your faction.
    Being on the side with fewer increases the chances of world pvp against you.
    And having several boxers on your side would be fun.

If you don't have a vested interest in any server, go for a server with other boxers.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by eternaldrk View Post
    Do not use this awful, awful site for census. Use WoWProgress for a much more accurate number. Blizzard
    doesn't release population numbers to the public so none of these sites have accurate data anyway.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks for the responses! Never been to WoWProgress before but it looks pretty good. Maybe a better representation of the population. It is too bad Blizzard doesn't release population numbers. Looks like I'll be moving my booster to Kil'jaeden and digging in for the long haul.

Ok, so I've xferred my main to Kil'Jaeden. I was wondering who to whisper to get an invite to Legion of Boom? My booster is a paladin, Eruana. Thanks!
    "I thought that, if the world won't change, we would never reach happiness..." - There She Is!! Final Step - Imagine by amalloc on SamBakZa.net

Quote Originally Posted by eternaldrk View Post
    Ok, so I've xferred my main to Kil'Jaeden. I was wondering who to whisper to get an invite to Legion of Boom? My booster is a paladin, Eruana. Thanks!
    The KJ crew will probably see a thread in their sub-forum quicker than a random post in the General forum.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks

Is there any painless way to transfer 5 full accounts with many toons to a multiboxer server?

Probably not, but I figured I would ask.

Blog Entries

Call up Billing.

Some boxers have gotten essentially 50% off.
    Others have been told, sorry cannot help you.
    But you can call several times, and eventually might get someone sympathetic.

Alternatively...
    You could RAF on the new server.

Accounts are still dirt cheap.
    Pick up four new accounts.
    Transfer a single toon, on your main account (tank ideally... think Booster).
    Link them (A = Existing):
    A > B > C
    A > D > E

Have a lot of wealth on the booster toon, to start you off with.
    And mats (or whatever has sell value, in their bank -- not guild bank).

Boost B/C & D/E, with A.

For every four toons you boost on BCDE...
    C/E give two toons to B/D; B/D give two toons each (four in total) to A.
    And then the cascade levels (granting based on levels you were granted) starts.
    B/D each received two toons from C/E, so can each give one more (two in total) to A.

That gets you:
    A: Booster + 6x Level 80's.
    B: 6x Level 80's.
    C: 4x Level 80's
    D: 6x Level 80's.
    E: 4x Level 80's.

You're still free to transfer existing toons to these accounts, from your current accounts.

I'd look at the remainder of Cataclysm, as getting ready for The Pandas...
    If you were serious of moving to a new server to be with boxers.

Maybe transfer one team that is geared... to play with at a top level (PvE or PvP) now.
    And boost away.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

for anyone else (re)starting they are welcome on KJ horde too: <Beast> if they like horde more than the ally where <Legion of Boom> rules
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv